L.A. Confidential - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

L.A. Confidential Reviews

March 10, 2018
L.A Confidential is a near-great film because it's in the 90's, and it recreatesthe film noir of the 50's, and, that's exactly when the film takes place. The glam, the labyrinthine complexity of the story, the crime, the corruption, nothing misses.
½ March 6, 2018
A-. I could definitely watch this again and still enjoy it. It had some surprising twists (and I always appreciate when a movie's plot can throw me off from the predictable). It was well paced/fast-paced; not beating around the bush for the slow thinker to figure things out. It doesn't baby the viewer or insult their intelligence like many films. The acting was good too. It did have a few clichťs though.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 21, 2018
When we see the city that attracts all to come to such places when beauty, fame, drugs, money and affordable family households bring those from far places to this place when it is booming. When we see such place everyone goes to read up on all the headlineattractions we see it features all the low and high places of Hollywood's rich and famous doing bad things. When what the top finest police officers are attracted to in such places are those who are low & dirty to see they are behind bars. When what place we see attracts readers we see the relationship between low and high places working together when everybody gets what they want. When what others see in high places they know they are not attracted by the underhandedness those belong to.

When we see what attraction we hold for our fellow officer to show those their rightful place to go beyond the law. When we see for others what attracts them to law are being in such place they hold the badge to its highest regard when its meant for righteousness & justice. When what we see such places of law hold are places those are attracted to, when its violence, corruption, women, loyalty, righteousness and payouts. When there are plenty of news in such places we don't see and do see to know what is out is attracted what's happening out and what's in is attracted to whats in when those who got a good thing they don't want to be on the out and out and in and out.
½ February 16, 2018
Surprisingly good and well portrayed throughout. Excellent performances and well worth the time taken to watch this movie.
February 11, 2018
20 years old, and feels so much more current. A whole host of Hollywood A-Listers pull together to depict a film about the crimes and deception within Hollywood itself. Just when you think you know who everyone is and where this is going, a new lead will blow your mind completely ensuring that the whole truth only becomes clear in the final few scenes. This has a real mafia like undertone running throughout, making everyone a suspect, everyone a potential victim, and more importantly, ensuring every viewer is thoroughly entertained.
½ February 9, 2018
Every scene perfect, amazing pacing.
January 20, 2018
ancak izlemek nasip oldu, usta oyuncularla sŁrŁkleyici bir polisiye ...
½ January 15, 2018
A superb and surprisingly bloody neo noir that balances elements of character study, action and a police procedural in a rich but fast-paced narrative. The acting and dialogue are great. The film stumbles slightly in its depiction of the central love triangle, but otherwise it's an entertaining masterpiece.
January 14, 2018
Probably the most perfect cop story ever put on film.
January 13, 2018
come to los angeles..

L.A. Confidential

A well set out webs of sub-plots that is ready to flip on cue with some awe-struck moments and brilliant performances, L.A. Confidential is that rare crime-drama that puts spotlight on scary issues.
January 12, 2018
If you have to choose between this and Chinatown, do yourself a favor. Destroy the Chinatown dvd and go with this. The Hollywood ending takes away slightly from the impact of the story but the plot keeps your attention.
½ January 4, 2018
Could have knocked 20 minutes off without suffering, but otherwise great
December 5, 2017
'L.A. Confidential' is an excellent crime-noir, and has all the ingredients you would expect from such a genre: great acting, a twisty-turney overly-complicated plot, a love interest, and plenty of shoot-outs. It's well-made and engaging, and features a classic score and impressive cinematography. It's not perfect - the ending is a little weak, I thought. Without spoiling anything, I think it would have been much better to reveal the truth instead, and this would have been more in-line with the characters also. Despite this, it's still a great watch and a classic noir that should be seen.
October 16, 2017
Shoulda beat Titanic for best picture. One of the greatest movies ever made.
September 27, 2017
One of the best movie of all time. I love that the tree main characters have different personality's
September 20, 2017
Director, Curtis Hanson (The River Wild, and 8 Mile) directs a crime thriller set in the 1950's. This film is filled with a great cast of actors who all deliver great and powerful performances. This film is filled with suspense and has some great and intense action sequences sprinkled throughout. This film is a modern take on noir films set in the 1950's, and is based off of the James Ellroy novel, L.A. Confidential. This is one great leap for director, Curtis Hanson, as he's directed some pretty great films (The Bedroom Window, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, The River Wild, 8 Mile, etc.) The list goes on. This is a must see for everyone!
½ September 15, 2017
Great flick with a great cast! Possibly Guy Pearces best performance in a movie?!
September 10, 2017
With top-notch performances, a brilliantly written and complex plot with great twists, as well as a huge amount of development within the arcs of the multiple characters, 'L.A. Confidential' is a masterpiece of modern-day noir cinema. Despite so much going on, it's never confusing or messy, not wasting any screen time on something that doesn't advance the story. It's atmospheric and wildly entertaining with everything coming together for an explosive finale that will have you thrilled to no end.