L.A. Confidential - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

L.A. Confidential Reviews

May 15, 2018
Though it dips in the middle, LA Confidential's strong characters and complex plot carry it from arresting start to gripping finish.
April 21, 2018
One of the greatest movies I've ever seen!
April 17, 2018
Academy Award-winning 'LA Confidential' is a noir crime thriller about three police officers forming an unlikely alliance to stop police corruption in the LAPD and a string of bloody murders in 1950s Hollywood. A complex story with many twists and superb performances by an all-star cast, make 'LA Confidential' a thrilling old-fashioned whodunit masterpiece.
April 8, 2018
A 50s cop thriller with twists, turns, and plenty of action.
April 7, 2018
I recently revisited this one. Absolute 10/10 noir. At the time, development was hesitant to cast Crowe and Pearce, due to their unfamiliarity. Fortunately for them, they did a knock-out job. Easily on my short list.
April 6, 2018
Loved this movie. Full of intrigue and a great whodunnit story line.
March 10, 2018
L.A Confidential is a near-great film because it's in the 90's, and it recreatesthe film noir of the 50's, and, that's exactly when the film takes place. The glam, the labyrinthine complexity of the story, the crime, the corruption, nothing misses.
½ March 6, 2018
A-. I could definitely watch this again and still enjoy it. It had some surprising twists (and I always appreciate when a movie's plot can throw me off from the predictable). It was well paced/fast-paced; not beating around the bush for the slow thinker to figure things out. It doesn't baby the viewer or insult their intelligence like many films. The acting was good too. It did have a few clichťs though.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 21, 2018
When we see the city that attracts all to come to such places when beauty, fame, drugs, money and affordable family households bring those from far places to this place when it is booming. When we see such place everyone goes to read up on all the headlineattractions we see it features all the low and high places of Hollywood's rich and famous doing bad things. When what the top finest police officers are attracted to in such places are those who are low & dirty to see they are behind bars. When what place we see attracts readers we see the relationship between low and high places working together when everybody gets what they want. When what others see in high places they know they are not attracted by the underhandedness those belong to.

When we see what attraction we hold for our fellow officer to show those their rightful place to go beyond the law. When we see for others what attracts them to law are being in such place they hold the badge to its highest regard when its meant for righteousness & justice. When what we see such places of law hold are places those are attracted to, when its violence, corruption, women, loyalty, righteousness and payouts. When there are plenty of news in such places we don't see and do see to know what is out is attracted what's happening out and what's in is attracted to whats in when those who got a good thing they don't want to be on the out and out and in and out.
½ February 16, 2018
Surprisingly good and well portrayed throughout. Excellent performances and well worth the time taken to watch this movie.
February 11, 2018
20 years old, and feels so much more current. A whole host of Hollywood A-Listers pull together to depict a film about the crimes and deception within Hollywood itself. Just when you think you know who everyone is and where this is going, a new lead will blow your mind completely ensuring that the whole truth only becomes clear in the final few scenes. This has a real mafia like undertone running throughout, making everyone a suspect, everyone a potential victim, and more importantly, ensuring every viewer is thoroughly entertained.
½ February 9, 2018
Every scene perfect, amazing pacing.
January 20, 2018
ancak izlemek nasip oldu, usta oyuncularla sŁrŁkleyici bir polisiye ...
½ January 15, 2018
A superb and surprisingly bloody neo noir that balances elements of character study, action and a police procedural in a rich but fast-paced narrative. The acting and dialogue are great. The film stumbles slightly in its depiction of the central love triangle, but otherwise it's an entertaining masterpiece.
January 14, 2018
Probably the most perfect cop story ever put on film.
January 13, 2018
come to los angeles..

L.A. Confidential

A well set out webs of sub-plots that is ready to flip on cue with some awe-struck moments and brilliant performances, L.A. Confidential is that rare crime-drama that puts spotlight on scary issues.
January 12, 2018
If you have to choose between this and Chinatown, do yourself a favor. Destroy the Chinatown dvd and go with this. The Hollywood ending takes away slightly from the impact of the story but the plot keeps your attention.
½ January 4, 2018