Lake Placid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lake Placid Reviews

September 1, 2018
Slightly amusing, tongue-in-cheek monster with a star cast doesn't want be taken seriously, and one shouldn't.
August 29, 2018
best modern creature feature ever. watch a giant crocodile eat a helicopter! 'nuff said.
July 1, 2018
Utter nonsense but laughs at itself. Fun movie to watch.
½ June 24, 2018
Es normal recordar Mandíbulas como una de esas películas palomiteras de monstruos sin sentido de los noventa, pero lo cierto es que incluso en la época se podían hacer producciones como esta que tenían una calidad que mucho cine de hoy día carece. Una cinta que no solo juega bien con sus elementos terroríficos, sino que también tiene un humor bastante interesante.

Claro que también nos viene de la mano de un señor versado en el mundo del terror como es Steve Miner, por lo que no es de extrañar.

Quizás no es la "feature creature" definitiva ni mucho menos, pero sin duda es una pasada.
½ June 24, 2018
This is one of those trashy monster movies that I'm almost embarrassed to love. From the opening scene whereby a man is pulled from the river revealing only his torso is still in tact, you just know it's going to literally be an awfully good watch. There's nothing complicated about this whatsoever, a team of experts discover a gigantic crocodile roaming local waters, and they have to capture / kill it before the end credits. If you haven't seen this already, I'd advise you snap it up right away and sink your teeth into this bad boy - It has plenty of bite to wet your appetite :)
June 22, 2018
Only one person dies in the entire movie, so then I won't watch this movie, it sounds like complete bullshit!!!
June 14, 2018
Betty White is hysterical. I love this movie. It's probably so bad it's good!
May 16, 2018
Successfully pokes fun at the sort of movie where a small American town is menaced by a monstrous creature. The hing that really makes Lake Placid is the banter between the leads and a typically bonkers performance by the delightful Betty White as the little old lady who has been feeding a giant crocodile that resides in a lake beside her house. It makes no sense but has a camp and silly sense of fun.
May 15, 2018
Sadly much maligned, Lake Placid is a thoroughly enjoyable film. Like a freshwater comedic Jaws. The characters are likeable, the actors are perfect, horror is just right and the one liners are genius. It ticks every box
½ April 23, 2018
Lake Placid is occasionally thrilling, occasionally amusing and occasionally displays a vestige of wit. As a whole, it's weak opening act and lack of consistent tone make it little more than a watchable, but disposable creature feature.
½ April 3, 2018
I guess ' Deep Blue Sea' and ' Lake Placid' went for the same movie poster...... Lol this was a really good movie! it wasnt great but it was good
March 4, 2018
Dialog makes this movie!
February 15, 2018
Hilarious and well done monster movie
February 7, 2018
The film is nothing special. However it does bring back a few childhood memories, as well as a few laughs.
February 4, 2018
As a movie alone this is probably your average B horror movie. But Betty White turn's it into a 4/5 for me. She's hilarious, and i wish she was more of a main character.
½ February 3, 2018
Couldn't wait for this film to end. So many lines made you shift your eyes thinking, "What?... ". The only good part about this movie, and why I'm not giving it the lowest rating, is Betty White.
½ January 24, 2018
Not bad for a giant-gator Creature Feature, but Goddamn listening the dialogue in the first act is aggravating as sin.
January 4, 2018
So bad, it's entertaining.
November 5, 2017
There is something about a deeply unfunny movie that is convinced that it's funny that makes me angry. One of the most unpleasant movies that I have had the misfortune of seeing.
July 11, 2017
Lake Placid Is not one of the best horror movies ever made, but it's not one of the worst either. Lake Placid is a fine written horror movie that might keep you entertained enough to watch. However this movie does lack with a lot of adult humor, but it is still somewhat enjoyable to watch.