Land of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Land of the Dead Reviews

½ July 30, 2016
Not as good as the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, And it was sometimes a little boring and silly, But it tried something new and it worked.
July 18, 2016
A perfectly mediocre zombie movie that is a tad too polished for my tastes.
July 18, 2016
An unnecessary fourth entry in the zombie trilogy even if it offers another interesting social commentary. With poorly-written dialogue and characters whom we never care about, this film will probably please those more interested in new ways of slaughter and blood spewing.
½ June 13, 2016
"Shaun of the Dead" actor Simon Pegg and it's director Edgar Wright make a cameo as the two zombies chained up in the bar for the amusement of the living. George A Romero is a huge fan of their movie!
May 27, 2016
This is a very boring movie, I even fell asleep watching this terrible movie.
May 25, 2016
I wasn't even aware of all the other zombie movies of the same series there are, but watching this one I'd guess it's a pretty good entry. There's enough zombie action to please the fans, but there's also other things going on around to not be just the same thing as always. Also a good portray of how no matter what's going on in the world, rich douchbags will always try to screw others into having more.
May 13, 2016
Horrible no me gust para nada. Que asco
April 4, 2016
It's got jumps! You either like this sort of thing and want to watch it, or you don't and don't ... or you don't and do ... or you do, but ... don't? Considering the director's reputation with most of the population of the developed world, I dunno who would actually be reading this. A film geek? Somebody who figures these reviews will reveal some particular insight, or, somebody who can't afford to get their hands on the movie? Well, at least I can say it's typical George A. Romero. It's Romero on a nice fat budget. From the "Uncut" DVD commentary: there are cameos from Shaun of the Dead, a lead by the daughter of Dario Argento, a bit part by Romero's daughter, the second unit director and stunt coordinator (same person) appearing "in every reel" (Romero's words) and other cheaply attained campy bits. 3/5.
½ February 9, 2016
½ February 6, 2016
There are some great ideas including the world that has been created and interesting (if minor) new developments in the dead but the plot and characters that lead us through the ideas are very, very dull. Romero also still never strays from the "the living are the real enemies" theme that he hammers in every time.
January 29, 2016
I thought I had reviewed this.
½ January 23, 2016
Worse than a cheesy B movie. More of a joke than a scary movie. Bad acting included.
January 13, 2016
The action and gore was everything you would want in a zombie movie! But the story and characters were just meh.
½ December 22, 2015
This movie starts off with the old Universal pictures opening. Then after the opening credits roll the movie starts off in some old town where some survivors try to find medicine. We're also introduced to this big van/truck/tank called Dead Reckoning that shoots down most of the zombies there. After that the survivors to this island city which is supposed to be their home.

There's also one place in the middle of it all in called Fiddler's Green where people forget about the zombies. While everyone else outside lives dirt poor like in the Edgar Allan Poe story Mask of the Red Death where the prince has a big party in the castle and forgets about the plague outside.

There's also this on guy Cholo, played by John Leguizamo, tries to get a place in Fiddlers Green by persuading the owner. Played by Dennis Hopper and this movie was when I was starting to noticing him. There's also a sense of deja vu since both actors were in the Super Mario Brothers Movie if you remember that at all.

When Cholo doesn't get his place he takes Dead Reckoning and threatens to destroy the city. The stars of Shawn of the Dead are in this bar scene also as zombies since George Romero was a fan of the movie. There's also a zombie, Big Daddy, then gets an army of zombies and slowly make they're way to the city. When they rise out of the water it like from the scene from Carnival of Souls. That was from what I've heard of it that is, but I'll have to see Carnival of Souls myself one day.

When the main hero get's to Dead Reckoning he reasons with Cholo and they go back to the city. Which is getting overrun by the zombies and the Ton Savini biker makes a cameo as a zombie. Some of the blood is CGI which is fine by me since he probably had a small budget.

This movie also has a dark setting, literally, which creates a lot of atmosphere. Not as good as Night, Dawn, or Day but maybe because there was so many zombie movies around at the time it came out. I might not review Diary of the Dead or Survival of the Dead since I saw a but of Survival of the Dead and thought it was kind of dumb. Also for Diary of the Dead's way of filming as a home video horror movie I don't quite like. That sub-genre is just a little too overused a bit but I like the idea of that anyone can be a filmmaker.
September 12, 2015
Really good zombie movie. Excellent special effects. Good story. I was not expecting to like this movie as much as I did. It has it's flaws but too few to mention.
½ September 4, 2015
An other George A. Romero zombie flick, you just can't get enough of him. Land of the Dead is, however, just an other rip-off of Dawn of The Dead, in my opinion. It's just another Romero zombie flick but it's full of flesh eating zombies that won't disappoint you. Watch it for Romero.
½ August 17, 2015
Pretty rad little entry into the Dead series. Obviously not on par with the original 3, but it's far better than the two that followed. I like the idea of building the city and the commentary of class separation.
August 11, 2015
This is not as ground breaking as Night or as interesting as Dawn but nobody does zombies better than the master himself.
June 23, 2015
Unlike most zombie movies, George A. Romero develops the flesh-eaters as real characters in Land of the Dead. It's a fun, stylish, and not to mention GORY addition to the genre.