Larry Crowne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Larry Crowne Reviews

August 16, 2016
O jeitão anos 80 e as gargalhadas de Julia Roberts até ajudam, mas nada consegue salvar LARRY CROWNE - O AMOR ESTÁ DE VOLTA da completa bobagem que é.
½ August 8, 2016
Cute movie. I enjoyed it.
½ August 6, 2016
The pairing of my favorite actor and actress failed to impress because every good movie needs a good story, even shallow romcoms. The movie is watchable if you like Hanks and Julia, but mostly fails to entertain cravings of any genre.
July 6, 2016
There were some nice messages but the presentation was out of pace I think.
May 11, 2016
A harmless comedy full of cliches which i'm going to forget in less than a week.
April 12, 2016
I enjoyed this movie, it was was light and amusing. It's nice to occasionally not be bombarded with fast action and noise, and yet be entertained...
April 9, 2016
It's not awful and there are things far worse than this featherweight, bland comedy, but man, what were you thinking, Mr. Hanks?!?! It's a lighthearted film and both Hanks and Roberts are damn likable, but I just didn't see the point of why this film had to be made. Stories like this have been told many times, so why make another conventional comedy? Larry Crowne is immensely forgettable and so damn flimsy. Not awful, but not good either.
April 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. It wasnt great, but it was a throwback to some of the chick flicks of the 90's which they dont really make anymore. Had that sort of feel to it. Not an over the top romantic comedy but it was still there.
½ March 29, 2016
I enjoyed this small film. It was not epic, nor was it meant to be. It had humor, warmth, and enough real life truths to keep both my and my husband's interest throughout. Themes of changing society, life transitions, disappointment, economic woes, burnout, downsizing, and relationship loss were lightly touched upon with an over all resilient outlook. I liked that Hanks played a middle aged man with real life experience returning to college when he was downsized due to bias that his life experience was inferior to a college diploma. The touch of truth is that non-traditional students are usually the best because they are the most passionate learners. All the characters added something to the story. It was formulaic in that you knew what would happen, but that did not detract (at least for me) from the charm of this little story. I don't know why I am in the minority, but I liked it very much.
March 26, 2016
great movie. captures the human element very well.
½ March 22, 2016
I see that it got bad reviews, but I actually quite enjoyed this one. I love Hanks and Roberts, so that's a good start. Just a cute movie.
½ February 2, 2016
Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) es despedido de la compañía de supermercados para la que trabajo, pese a ser muy bueno en su trabajo. La razón que recibe es que no cuenta con formación universitaria. Frustrado y ahogado por las deudas, Larry no perderá el optimismo y regresará a la universidad en donde encontrará nuevos recursos, aprenderá a hablar en público, formará parte de un colorido grupo de motociclistas y se sentirá atraido por su profesora de Oratoria, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts) quien ha perdido pasión por la enseñanza y en su vida, en general. Dviertida, buenos diálogos, y situaciones cómicas. // Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) will be downsized from the supermarket company he works for. The excuse he gets is that he doesn't have a college education. Facing problems with his mortgage and without a clue about his future, Larry decides to start college, wich will change his life. Larry will be part of a colorful group of bikers, but will also learn Economy and to speak in publick in his Public Speaking class where he will develo a sudden crush on his teacher, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts), who has lost passion for teaching and in life in general....
½ February 1, 2016
It was fun
I love the cast.
January 11, 2016
I have watched this movie nearly a dozen times, while it's not deep, it's just fun. Never gets old.
January 4, 2016
Tom Hanks tries hard as the good-natured title character, but there's little charm in the film's banal and unappealing script.
½ December 26, 2015
one of the weirdest movies ever.
December 24, 2015
Despite a warm performance from Tom Hanks, and an introduction to the talented abilities of Gugu Mbatha-Raw, this film is nothing more than a cliched filled, unoriginal romantic drama with little substantial comedy.
November 14, 2015
Perushömppää hyvillä näyttelijöillä ryyditettynä. ;) (Suom. Larry Crowne - Uusi mahdollisuus)
September 26, 2015
Not the greatest romantic comedy. A lot of the premise that put him into the situation is a little ridiculous. But it is still very sweet.
September 15, 2015
This film feels good all the way through...Way under rated in my book!!!