Larry Crowne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Larry Crowne Reviews

½ April 18, 2017
I think Larry Crowne often gets a bad rap. My only actual criticism is that Larry didn't have kids; and they didn't backstory his ex-wife. It could have made the film more compelling and more realistic. That being said; the film definitely captures the challenges of the foreclosure/recession era. There were a substantial number of people ages 30ish to 50ish who had to hit the reset button from 2009-2012. People seem to want to block that out. Larry Crowne serves as a gentle reminder that is ok to be down but not out, and persistence and hard work the values this country were founded on. Quite frankly it was one of my favorite movies. Then, again, in 2012; I got divorced, lost my house and ended up going back to school (community college) to start a new career. So I might be biased. Still, even if I related more to Mr. Crowne's story than the average Joe, I think having a little Larry Crowne or Miss Tainot in you is a blessing.
½ February 22, 2017
OMG. Not even one redeeming scene for this super boring movie.
½ February 15, 2017
Great film - really can't understand the bad reviews
½ January 9, 2017
Fun, positive, and uplifting drama, with a touch of romance. Hanks and Mbatha are both charming. The whole tone is delightfully positive.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 31, 2016
Sadly so much talent wasted by a very bland script.
October 29, 2016
Lighted hearted and good natured
August 16, 2016
O jeitão anos 80 e as gargalhadas de Julia Roberts até ajudam, mas nada consegue salvar LARRY CROWNE - O AMOR ESTÁ DE VOLTA da completa bobagem que é.
½ August 8, 2016
Cute movie. I enjoyed it.
½ August 6, 2016
The pairing of my favorite actor and actress failed to impress because every good movie needs a good story, even shallow romcoms. The movie is watchable if you like Hanks and Julia, but mostly fails to entertain cravings of any genre.
July 6, 2016
There were some nice messages but the presentation was out of pace I think.
May 11, 2016
A harmless comedy full of cliches which i'm going to forget in less than a week.
April 12, 2016
I enjoyed this movie, it was was light and amusing. It's nice to occasionally not be bombarded with fast action and noise, and yet be entertained...
April 9, 2016
It's not awful and there are things far worse than this featherweight, bland comedy, but man, what were you thinking, Mr. Hanks?!?! It's a lighthearted film and both Hanks and Roberts are damn likable, but I just didn't see the point of why this film had to be made. Stories like this have been told many times, so why make another conventional comedy? Larry Crowne is immensely forgettable and so damn flimsy. Not awful, but not good either.
April 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. It wasnt great, but it was a throwback to some of the chick flicks of the 90's which they dont really make anymore. Had that sort of feel to it. Not an over the top romantic comedy but it was still there.
½ March 29, 2016
I enjoyed this small film. It was not epic, nor was it meant to be. It had humor, warmth, and enough real life truths to keep both my and my husband's interest throughout. Themes of changing society, life transitions, disappointment, economic woes, burnout, downsizing, and relationship loss were lightly touched upon with an over all resilient outlook. I liked that Hanks played a middle aged man with real life experience returning to college when he was downsized due to bias that his life experience was inferior to a college diploma. The touch of truth is that non-traditional students are usually the best because they are the most passionate learners. All the characters added something to the story. It was formulaic in that you knew what would happen, but that did not detract (at least for me) from the charm of this little story. I don't know why I am in the minority, but I liked it very much.
March 26, 2016
great movie. captures the human element very well.
½ March 22, 2016
I see that it got bad reviews, but I actually quite enjoyed this one. I love Hanks and Roberts, so that's a good start. Just a cute movie.
½ February 2, 2016
Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) es despedido de la compañía de supermercados para la que trabajo, pese a ser muy bueno en su trabajo. La razón que recibe es que no cuenta con formación universitaria. Frustrado y ahogado por las deudas, Larry no perderá el optimismo y regresará a la universidad en donde encontrará nuevos recursos, aprenderá a hablar en público, formará parte de un colorido grupo de motociclistas y se sentirá atraido por su profesora de Oratoria, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts) quien ha perdido pasión por la enseñanza y en su vida, en general. Dviertida, buenos diálogos, y situaciones cómicas. // Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) will be downsized from the supermarket company he works for. The excuse he gets is that he doesn't have a college education. Facing problems with his mortgage and without a clue about his future, Larry decides to start college, wich will change his life. Larry will be part of a colorful group of bikers, but will also learn Economy and to speak in publick in his Public Speaking class where he will develo a sudden crush on his teacher, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts), who has lost passion for teaching and in life in general....
½ February 1, 2016