Law Abiding Citizen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Law Abiding Citizen Reviews

July 10, 2018
It might be over the top, but it for that reason it certainly wasn't boring, the motive almost has you rooting for the villain and its pretty satisfying. Its entertaining, its different and there's nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries a bit. Any normal person will enjoy this film, its worth a watch and 'Top Critics' seem to only care about acting qualities and realism which is pretty narrow minded when it comes to films like this. At the end of the day, its entertaining and well worth a good night in - A Normal Guy
½ June 24, 2018
From the director that would later bring us the great Straight Outta Compton (2015), Law Abiding Citizen is very fun during its first half. The story is captivating and Gerald Butler is just devilish in this flick, without forgetting the strong acting from Jamie Foxx. But unfortunately, it goes a little berzerk in the second half with epic action elements and it's true that there's an unnecessary amount of grotesque violence for a non-horror film. Some may find it ridiculous, but I watch everything with an open mind, and I was overall still entertained. And it's one of those rare films that actually made me root for the killer, because of his quite understandable motives. Recommended !!
June 18, 2018
A poor man's "Seven." Gerard Butler is so unappealing on screen, but combined with the personality-less Jamie Foxx, it doesn't matter how on-edge some of the scenes are. It still comes across like a B movie.
May 9, 2018
Excellent movie with an antagonist that's equal parts brilliant, brutal, and sympathetic.

I could not, for the life of me, even remotely root for Foxx's protagonist. Butler was on point, from start to finish.

The Rotten Tomato ratings for this film are another example of the obvious divide between the critics and the audience. Screw the critics. Do yourself a favor. Watch this Movie.
April 28, 2018
An original plot? No wonder the critics hate it.
April 28, 2018
Although it's not the most convincent plot, Law Abiding Citizen has got very interesting twists and a decent ending.
April 5, 2018
The professional reviewiers are so out of sync with the masses.
½ February 9, 2018
Excellent and clever thriller. A bit graphic, but keeps you on the edge of your seat and delivers a great moral dilemma. Excellent acting and cast. Highly recommended.
January 24, 2018
Ignore critics. Most are out of touch and despise fun.
January 16, 2018
Liked the movie in spite of the melodramatic, overdone ending, and some ridiculously amateurish acting,
December 20, 2017
Personally, I loved it. The story made sense to me, since his family was killed, but, his sociopathic tendencies, while making sense, looses its possibility when he cries over his daughter.
December 13, 2017
Unbelievable story, and over the top violence leave this film feeling empty and hyperbolic. Gore fest with poor acting with decent practitioners of the craft
November 18, 2017
I need an alternate ending...gawd
½ November 17, 2017
There's no denying that Law Abiding Citizen's plot is flawed and a little over the top. However, intriguing performances by Jaimie Fox and Gerard Butler and an awesome revenge premise allows Law Abiding Citizen to be a watchable and at times, a downright fun popcorn movie.
October 28, 2017
this is one of the best movies of the year. I was blown away by the twists and turns. you won't want to look away. Gerard as you have wanted to see him since his performance in 300.
October 27, 2017
I love vigilante movies and this is one of my all-time favorites. Gerard Butler is awesome in this movie. His character is relatable as a father who loses his family and when the system fails him he does what any father or husband would do or at least want to do and that is to make the responsible party pay. As an extremely intelligent and focused grieving family man he makes those responsible pay dearly. Great flick!
October 24, 2017
Critics love to praise boring rehash copycat movies. This original thriller is an experience to behold. Of course it's not very realistic but very entertaining.
½ October 20, 2017
I made this account just to down vote this awful movie. I'm genuinely awestruck that prior got paid for this
October 11, 2017
A great revenge thriller, though you may have to turn your brain off for some of the logic holes. It's unapologetically violent and pulse pounding, but the acting leaves a lot to be desired.
October 8, 2017
Really good fast paced thriller although the ending was a bit of a letdown for me!