Law Abiding Citizen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Law Abiding Citizen Reviews

½ October 15, 2016
Gerard butler just fucking shit up and being unstoppable.
September 28, 2016
If you forget about reason and logic, Law Abiding Citizen can be a rather engaging action/suspance movie.
Nonetheless, this movie suffers from a messy and uneven script.
September 28, 2016
Mindless as expected, which is fine. But ups the anti so far it's comical. What a piece of poo.
½ September 27, 2016
Hell of a film with spot-on performances by Butler & Fox!
½ September 16, 2016
9/14/2016: A very good revenge action flick with a great cast.
September 4, 2016
A rather clever thriller with some new twists that you won't expect. If you like action, drama and suspense you'll love this.
½ August 29, 2016
Great movie, terrible ending. You would think someone with Butler's character's foresight would have an contingency plan for the final scene.
½ August 27, 2016
Law Abiding Citizen is a movie that can't do enough justice. It's the kind of movie that were the criminals know they did wrong, and have no remorse. They enjoy what they do, and get away with it.
½ August 22, 2016
I am not sure if this movie said more about me or the concepts it dealt with. I was rooting for Butler at times and at others times appalled by his ruthlessness. Toss in some great action and a decent surprise at the end and it made for great fun. Don't take it too seriously or you will miss the point.
August 20, 2016
Didn't like the ending.
July 27, 2016
Interesting film from Butler in which his game of cat and mouse with Foxx and the U.S. legal system turns nasty.
Again the acting is very good there are some great death scenes and the story line is good enough to carry the film along well.
½ July 20, 2016
Brilliant and very clever film, A great twist at the end, Brilliantly acted by all the cast, Had me hooked from start to finish, A must see film with some great action scenes and its ability to keep us shocked.
½ June 25, 2016
At its best a great revenge movie, at it's worst a fantastical stretch. Still a good ride.
June 12, 2016
Tension pura en todo momento. No puedo esperar mas de una pelicula de misterio y suspenso. La veria otra vez completa, con eso digo todo.
June 9, 2016
An intelligence based suspenseful film that keeps you wonder for more. The movie itself makes an interesting point in questioning the imperfection of the judicial system. The lesson Shelton is trying to teach is a hard one but I think he achieved it in the end hence the ending is respectfully satisfying.

However one thing that bothered me was Nick's skill. Was he like a undercover spy strategist before his family was murdered or it was just within these past ten years? And why would a fellow spy rat the guy out D: tell the cops of his skills. I guess it's to move the story along but that is not cool of him.
May 14, 2016
Gerard Butler is almost a super villain in this tale of a man robbed of justice by the legal system. It holds your interest, but it is a violent as hell popcorn movie.
May 7, 2016
one of gerard butlers best
May 4, 2016
Loved the movie hate the ending
½ April 17, 2016
Best prison stabbing scene ever put to film.
March 25, 2016
My all time favorite movie. edge of your seat movie.