Law Abiding Citizen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Law Abiding Citizen Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
Brilliant and very clever film, A great twist at the end, Brilliantly acted by all the cast, Had me hooked from start to finish, A must see film with some great action scenes and its ability to keep us shocked.
½ June 25, 2016
At its best a great revenge movie, at it's worst a fantastical stretch. Still a good ride.
June 12, 2016
Tension pura en todo momento. No puedo esperar mas de una pelicula de misterio y suspenso. La veria otra vez completa, con eso digo todo.
June 9, 2016
An intelligence based suspenseful film that keeps you wonder for more. The movie itself makes an interesting point in questioning the imperfection of the judicial system. The lesson Shelton is trying to teach is a hard one but I think he achieved it in the end hence the ending is respectfully satisfying.

However one thing that bothered me was Nick's skill. Was he like a undercover spy strategist before his family was murdered or it was just within these past ten years? And why would a fellow spy rat the guy out D: tell the cops of his skills. I guess it's to move the story along but that is not cool of him.
May 14, 2016
Gerard Butler is almost a super villain in this tale of a man robbed of justice by the legal system. It holds your interest, but it is a violent as hell popcorn movie.
May 7, 2016
one of gerard butlers best
May 4, 2016
Loved the movie hate the ending
½ April 17, 2016
Best prison stabbing scene ever put to film.
March 25, 2016
My all time favorite movie. edge of your seat movie.
½ March 24, 2016
There's no denying that Law Abiding Citizen's plot is flawed and a little over the top. However, intriguing performances by Jaimie Fox and Gerard Butler and an awesome revenge premise allows Law Abiding Citizen to be a watchable and at times, a downright fun popcorn movie.
½ March 9, 2016
It's a guilty pleasure popcorn flick. That's all.
½ February 29, 2016
One of the early takes of the by now popular be-careful-who-you-mess-with cautionary revenge epics Hollywood produces, cause-he-might-be-a-retired-super-spy. Tension is quickly ratcheted up and stays there until the conclusion, all performers ably contributing. A decent thriller.
February 27, 2016
How did critics not like this movie more?
February 26, 2016
I liked it quite a bit
February 22, 2016
A fantastic thriller focused on one thing: the broken nature of our justice system. Gerard Butler plays the anti-hero, and he is spectacular. The thought experiment here is great, and Jamie Foxx and the supporting cast are awesome. Great film.
February 20, 2016
while some my feel it is impossible, the guy had 10 years to set it up, so il say plausible, but entertaining all around, excellent movie. I really wish he pulled off the bomb at the end and got taken down by Jamie Foxx after would have made a better ending for a movie that exposes the false promises the judiciary system gives to the victims of those it prosecuted.
February 16, 2016
I see a lot of scrutiny on how action thrillers today are simply implausible and this film got that type of rating from Rotten Tomatoes "top critics". Rotten Tomatoes top critics give this movie a squashed review of 25% saying that it is "nihilistic", "implausible", and "not possible". Now I do understand that to pull off all these stunts that Gerard Butlers character Clyde seems to do, does seem impossible, but do I remind you that just this last year Mexican drug lord El Chapo has done this sort of thing multiple times in maximum security prisons and that I do remind you is not Hollywood, but real life. While watching Law Abiding Citizen, I kept that in mind and that these things were absolutely not physically impossible, especially considering the movie states that he had 10 years to plan these diabolical plans. This film is rated R and I think that speaks for itself when I say do not bring your kids to this movie. The film is not only gory, contains sexual content, and also uses a decent amount of profane language, but it is also too complex for most kids to understand or even keep them entertained. This movie is great for a friends night for young adults or all action-thriller lovers. This movie has not one, but two great actors in Jamie Foxx starring as an everyday law attorney and Gerard Butler who stars as an inventor living happily with his family until a single knock at the door turns his life around. The movie gets into the thrill right away and never stops. If you liked the movie "The Gift" then you are sure to like this film, as they both keep you at the edge of your seat while also giving you some great action. I put this movie somewhere in my top 10 favorite films of all time, because of how this film intrigues my mind after every scene of what could possibly happen next, the small punch lines of comedy they throw at you, and also the great dose of action that is Law Abiding Citizen.
January 27, 2016
What do critics know? This is the movie that made me love Gerard Butler. For those who love vicarious vigilantism, this is your film.
January 21, 2016
I hated everything about Jamie Foxx's role, but Gerard Butler was amazing as usual.
January 10, 2016
Although Se7en might have done this type of "justice" film better, this one manages to be very entertaining and gets its points across despite overdoing the gross-out violence at times. Gerard Butler carries it throughout.