Leap Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Leap Year Reviews

August 27, 2016
What a slut. Left her man of 4 years for a guy she knew for less than a week.
August 21, 2016
A nice little mindless romantic movie that has a predictable ending. I wish I had subtitles for the heavy Irish accent.
May 23, 2016
I enjoy a good romantic comedy, but honestly, I am not a fan of the genre. Leap Year is everything a romantic comedy should be: cheesy, sweet, and downright dull, tedious, and predictable. The film will leave you wondering if there is any way you can make up for that hour and a half you just lost.

The cliched plot is not even the biggest problem, it is a combination of an empty script, the conclusion, and what causes the 'conflict'. It is ridiculous to think a woman is so desperate to marry a man, that she will follow a tradition by a culture she does not even follow in order to do this. The tradition being that woman can propose to men on leap year, and the man has to say yes. Come on. I can safely said I was irritated fifteen minutes into the movie. If there is anything to be praised about this film, is the always enchanting acting of Amy Adams. Her appearance along with Adam Scott's performance, create a believable chemistry throughout the movie that is again and again, ruined by the bare plot.

Leap Year is an example of the typical romantic comedy that tries a little too hard to hide the lack of plot and script, with good acting and gorgeous scenarios. No one is doubting the beauty of Ireland, or the always amazing performance of Amy Adams who shouldn't be getting involved in this kind of blasphemy. But I am doubting everything else in this movie..along with my decision to watch it in the first place.
½ April 21, 2016
not as bad as i expected... could ve made it better by not making it unrealistic at the end...
½ April 9, 2016
Cliched? Yes, far too predictable to have substance. But what do you expect with romantic, chick-flick, comedies? You expect to feel better at the end, and you expect decent acting at least. You get both with this.
April 8, 2016
Una comedia romántica más, pero tiene una gracia especial por los protagonistas. Muy tierna/divertida para pasar el rato.
April 6, 2016
A fun and quirky romantic comedy, Leap Year delivers a lot of laughs. A woman frustrated in her relationship decides to pay a surprise visit to her boyfriend while he's on a business trip to Dublin and use an Irish tradition that allows a woman to propose to a man on Leap Day (February 29) to propose to him; but her plans are thrown for a loop when her plane is diverted and she's forced to hire a guide to get her to Dublin. Amy Adams and Matthew Goode have great chemistry together and delivery some very good performances. And the comedy is well-done, with a nice mix of clever jokes and slapstick. Still, at its core Leap Year is a stereotypical romantic comedy that sticks to formula.
April 3, 2016
Love their chemistry. Great ending to the movie. No idea why she was with the first guy. Such an ass.
March 1, 2016
A nice feel good flick on a rainy morning!
February 29, 2016
It's a shame Leap year happens every 4 years!
½ February 29, 2016
A decent romantic comedy film that has great acting and beautiful scenery.
½ February 10, 2016
This was funny, but it wasn't as romantic as I was hoping it would be. The ending also felt a little silly to me.
February 8, 2016
Sue me, it has Amy Adams in it.
½ February 1, 2016
I loved the actors in the movie but I think the story was pretty lame and didn't have a ton of depth to it. Like not a whole lot happened to where it wowed me but it wasn't horrible
December 29, 2015
Leap Year was a boring movie. It is about Anna Brady plans to travel to Dublin, Ireland to propose marriage to her boyfriend Jeremy on Leap Day. Amy Adams and Matthew Goode give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Anand Tucker did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
December 28, 2015
This was such a stupid movie. The premise was ridiculous. The script was terrible. Everything about it, Amy Adams being from Boston all the way down to that guy named Eoghan, was stereotypical and probably offensive to actual Irish people. For some reason, though -- I really don't know what it was -- this movie still made me smile at the end.
Amy Adams isn't a real redhead.
October 31, 2015
Insanely predictable. You can literally tell what is going to happen in this movie in the first 15 minutes. I would not mind it that much if the film weren't so boring. The scenes dragged and dragged, humor was dry and awkward. Overall just a lame, uninteresting movie that is far too long. My mom liked it though.
October 16, 2015
If you haven't seen this plot yet, you're probably five years old. That being said, a decent but predictable, cute Hollywood love / romance, they hate each other / oh! now they love each other .... movie. And it even has the ubiquitous, always implausible ending where one lover believes the other lover, who's unknowingly as deeply in love, goes away and won't be coming back. But GUESS WHAT! She / he returns! Yes, in this case, she even flies ALL the way across the Atlantic having no clue what will happen, jeopardizing life and career, but it all works out in the end. Wow! no kidding. SURPRISE! That being said, I love Amy Adams, and per usual she does a bang up job, so does Mathew Goode. If you're looking for a fun, romantic romp, but nothing too ground shaking and revelatory, then this is your flick, my friend.
October 11, 2015
This was both entertaining and painful to watch
October 11, 2015
For moments in doubt of that day when it comes, whether it is real or just something else. When that moment comes, you will know. All of the luck, stars, just strikes you in the head and you realize it.