Leap Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Leap Year Reviews

½ October 16, 2017
Maybe Im just a little sensitive, but Declan's annoyingly rude. Bollocks your customers? Put off by the sequence, like it's too "American Fast" a relationship, one that can be disinteresting to talk about. You know, one of those marriages that ended up in bars and hook ups with another.
½ September 25, 2017
Absolutely rubbish. Damn, she is hot.
August 30, 2017
Soppy, weak, predictable, shallow trash.
July 8, 2017
Wonderful romantic comedy !!!
July 1, 2017
It wasn't as bad as the scores say! It was a cute movie to pass the time, and I will watch Matthew Good read the phone book in his Irish brogue any day ;)
June 5, 2017
Insufferable main leads, makes no sense, and has a pointless road trip. Best part was the dog nearly biting Amy Adams.
May 17, 2017
A beautiful film. Matthew William Goodes performance was tender, heartfelt and brilliant, as was Amy Adams'. The cinematography was exquisite, Not sure what people are looking from a film, and this one is a little gem.
½ May 8, 2017
One of my favourite romantic comedies.
Predictable yet enjoyable plot, amusing enough to watch again and again.
If you like romantic comedies this should be on your list.
March 4, 2017
due to amy adams being it i thought it was ok
February 20, 2017
- I watched this again and enjoyed it just as much. The reviews weren't great, which I don't get. Amy Adams and Matthew Goode both give excellent performances, and the scenery is great. Plenty of funny parts and well worth a watch.

- I actually quite liked this one. I'm not sure why the critics were so harsh to it, yest it is cheesy and predictable, but it's also fun and enjoyable. The 2 leads are fantastic, Adams is gorgeous and quite funny, and Goode is funny and charming as well. The scenery is gorgeous as it's set in Ireland. Trust me, you could do a lot worse then this film for a rom-com so give it a try!
½ February 1, 2017
Amy Adams delivers the fuck out of a terrible, terrible script.
½ January 29, 2017
An offensive mess of ignorant cultural stereotypes and utterly predictable tropes. Utter waste of time and effort.
½ January 27, 2017
Typical romantic comedy and completely predictable. The beginning felt extremely forced with dialogue and acting. I could have skipped the entire beginning of the movie. The story and dialogue got better closer to the end and chemistry is apparent between Amy's character and Matthew's.
The cinematography was breath-taking, especially the ending scenes on the cliff.
All in all, not a favorite but I wouldn't mind rewatching some of the better clips (the shower scene, the "missing the bus" scene, and the ending where she confronts him in his bar). Plus, I'm a huge Matthew Goode fan so I would rewatch it just for him ;-)
January 6, 2017
I love this movie, surprised more people don't feel the same.
January 4, 2017
Regardless of the reviews. I absolutely adore this movie. It's corny, fun, and one feel good movie.
December 18, 2016
A very cliche little film, held together by Amy Adams who gives her usual good performance. She works well with Goode, even if he looks a little bored. But the silliness of the premise drags any good moments down a bit and making Adam Scott's character so unlikable was a mistake which drags the film down further.
½ November 20, 2016
Basically, Matthew Goode is too good for a film like this. He's meant for what we consider indie films. This was trite and not interesting. Amy Adams does this type well, but I didn't buy the chemistry between them, and I found the movie boring and contrite. Cliche' as it could possibly be, and it didn't do anyone any favors.
November 10, 2016
I never really find romantic comedies funny at all, and this one had me literally laughing out loud so that itself should just show how much I enjoyed this film.
August 27, 2016
What a slut. Left her man of 4 years for a guy she knew for less than a week.
August 21, 2016
A nice little mindless romantic movie that has a predictable ending. I wish I had subtitles for the heavy Irish accent.