Lethal Weapon 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lethal Weapon 2 Reviews

½ April 16, 2017
Not as good as the first of course but still a funny, entertaining, and thrilling ride. Still great acting/chemistry/characters.
March 30, 2017
When we don't let anything stop us from getting what we want when we are after bad guys, being a star, winning bets, and conducting business that we go beyond our limits. When somethings that used to stop us, we set aside, forget, ignore, or just walk into, when it's open. When somethings do stop us when we have each others backs watching out. When we can't stop ourselves from protecting, getting the bad guy, laughing, chesting or when the duty calls to smoke/drink/eat to know we are ready for anything. When we stop gor nobody when we know the ins and outs to go another way. When we can stop others from doing somethings for their safety. When what stops us we go anyways. When we need to go when duty calls.
When we have to stop or risk getting killed when we are heading towards a head on collision. When we can't go and help ourselves to know that we can't stop those with immunity they use against us. When we wish to go to be allowed to go when what stops us is liability. When we see that we can stop those right on their tracks when they prevent us from our business going places. When we don't let the small things stop us from going after what we want. When some people stop us from going after somethings when they are big. When what stops us from going is when we are strapped & armed. When what stops one stops both of us when we have each others backs to go out with a bang together. When what stops us is what on coming and going our way that we don't see. When what doesn't stop us we go in in conspicuously and go the back door when no one is looking. When we do have lethal weapons of our own to stop intruders, but we go in anyways with the upper hand. When we can stop others in some other things, we don't take stop for an answer. When we do see eye to eye on somethings when we don't allow the small things stop us but the big things need to be stopped. When we need to put a stop to some people to get rid of them one by one when they try to stop us. When we need to stop and regroup when we sre going in deeper in shit with our enemies. When we rather stop and go deep with other things, but duty calls. When we put a stop to some people we go ahead and reveal what we kept, when they were the vary reason for us stopping in the first place. When we couldn't stop others from being hurt or killed that we go ahead and blame ourselves again. When we were asked to stop, but we continue to go when we seek revenge. When nothing is too big or too small that stops us that we bring down the house from those planning on going. When we know where we must go to put a stop to everything coming in and going. When the cost of what we do isn't enough when we could be stopped that we font understand why we go on when crime pays. When what we do is put a stop to our problem and many others whom want to go on living safely that we need to stop crime from paying. When it's not easy stopping crime at its tracks when we have to go on living with what we did after. If stopping crime were as easy as pushing a button. When we know there is no stopping us when we keep going.
February 16, 2017
Lethal Weapon 2 is just as action packed, funny and thrilling as the first. A sequel worthy of this superior action franchise.
½ November 29, 2016
Good action film. Prefer the first one slightly but this is still good. Joe Pesci was a great edition to the franchise
November 27, 2016
Classic! Sequel to Lethal Weapon (1987). Followed by two more theatrical sequels and a TV series reboot. On Blu-ray.
½ November 14, 2016
161114: Patsy Kensit is hot. A lot hotter than the story offered in this weak sequel. Disappointed in the naivety of law enforcement in this film. If someone is trying to kill you, and they are killing people all around you, you may want to be situationally aware. Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) is good for a few laughs. Don't really see any reason to see this film again...other than to see Kensit in the buff.
September 10, 2016
Great humor, good partner chemistry between Gibson and Glover. This is one those rare sequels that stands up next to the original. I might even argue that it's BETTER than the original. If you enjoyed Lethal Weapon, you should have a great time watching Lethal Weapon 2.
½ August 14, 2016
Leo Shutup Already ???
August 12, 2016
Maybe more like a 3.75/5
July 30, 2016
Mel Gibson and Danny Glover return as Riggs and Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon 2. Donner returns to direct as well, and its clear he has a bit more to work with. Now that Riggs and Murtaugh are acquainted, there is more focus on there budding partnership and together they focus on a new set of smugglers. This time they are lead by a South African diplomat that has diplomatic immunity in the state. This of course causes a wrinkle in there ability to investigate. When they lose a key witness that they are protecting Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) and Rigg's new girl is killed, it again becomes personal. Lethal Weapon 2 retains all of the good elements from the first film, but has a bit more action and humor to go along with it.
½ July 16, 2016
The tone is a little less serious, shown with the action and dialogue. That's not bad because the action is better in the 1st, but the 2nd is funnier. Leo is a Great addition to the cast. Extremely well place foreshadowing. The police family we see a little bit more of. The tension with the villains is very well-built. Not to forget one of the very best action one liners in history at the end. Overall close to the 1st film but not better.
July 16, 2016
A common trope in film sequels is the addition of new characters - Lethal Weapon 2 is no exception. It's just as good as the first one in terms of the actual film but its atmosphere at times feels like a sequel, by which I mean, it definitely feels like the second time around for the franchise and there's more to go from here.
Riggs and Murtaugh return in the second Lethal Weapon installment to stop South African diplomats from their money laundering schemes, as well as protect a klutzy former criminal named Leo Getz, who serves as the comedic aspect of the film.
Lethal Weapon 2 in a lot of aspects is actually better than the first, but not all the way through. The first does a better job in introducing our characters - this one, like I said, feels like a sequel for Riggs and Murtaugh, like a TV series advertising what will happen in next week's episode - eventually putting characters into a dozen different scenarios will get old fast if the franchise keeps going more than it should. The sequel though has the notable addition of Joe Pesci as Leo Getz, who continues to be the comedic character in the rest of the films - it's just a taste here that in sequels Pesci will dominate screen time. He's funny as long as he isn't overused, which I can sense later on but it is well balanced here. A lot of badass action sequences, the sequel is more engaging and thrilling than the first. The ending fight scenes are compelling and never stop amusing, while the first film's fight scenes are great but don't deliver hardly as much. Lethal Weapon 2 is great, it is humorous, engaging, and doesn't follow the rule of making a bad sequel off of a good film, but I've heard the rest of the movies get continuously worse...
July 10, 2016
Just as good as the original. Pesci's character wasn't as over the top in part 2.
July 10, 2016
Mel Gibson and Danny Glover are back in this fun comedic action flick. In this sequel there is a corrupt South African diplomat who is actually an illegal smuggler. When they try to arrest him he reveals that he has diplomatic immunity. So Riggs and Murtaugh are assigned to witness protection duty, but when they learn that their witness has dealt with the smugglers their troubles begin. I enjoyed the sequel more than the first, it has better comedy than the first Lethal Weapon due to the inclusion of Joe Pesci in this film. Overall another fun action comedy.
½ July 5, 2016
Awesome sequel to Richard Donner's classic Lethal Weapon (1987)
July 5, 2016
I own this on DVD in a four movie pack along with:
* Lethal Weapon (1987)
* Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
* Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
½ June 12, 2016
?Are you kidding me.. as good as the film is Mel Gibson is smoking, probably they recieved money especially as good looking as he is in "Lethal Weapon" 1 & 2 (early 1980's when smoking was ultimately realized as BAD)...
June 4, 2016
Lethal Weapon 2 only improves the chemistry between the two main charachters and raises the level of simultaneous action and comedy without pushing the limit and becoming another tiring action flick. This is one of the examples that a sequel can work, as long as its well built.
½ March 16, 2016
A film that can join the small club of 'copied-formula-sequel' movies actually better than the original. The buddy-cop spark these two share is still bright as ever & the comedic addition of Leo makes for a hilarious mismatched trio that delivers just as much silly laughs as action. Still carries that hyperactive vibe which isn't something you see from modern day films from this genre, but I figure its more a 80s comedy anyway.