Lethal Weapon 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lethal Weapon 4 Reviews

October 29, 2017
It pales in comparison to the original, but the addition of Jet Li to the already strong cast helps boost Lethal Weapon 4 above the third film. Danny Glover, Mel Gibson, and Joe Pesci give strong enough performances to overcome the film's numerous flaws, and the action is spectacular.
½ September 27, 2017
A fun filled film with good humor and action, but the real star of this lethal edition goes to the man that took Bruce Lee's cinema legacy to the next level.
August 19, 2017
This fourth entry brings the series back up to par...at least in my opinion. Critics were hard on this one, but I loved it! This movie has a stellar cast and actually moves things forward. It is a shame that it wasn't as well received as it deserved to be. I recommend it if you liked the others.
July 24, 2017
From its opening you know this is going to be so over the top it might actually hurt your brain. Pesci is excellent as per and Gibson with Glover still have a strong charming and charismatic dynamic but that's really about it. This film doesn't have a plot, it's multiple sub-plots that just happen to make a feature length film and most of it feels redundant and repetitive. The supporting cast are incredibly expendable, Rock adds nothing but the exact same dynamic we've seen before and a complete waste. Russo adds a nice touch however, her dynamic here actually adds great depth to Gibsons character.
June 17, 2017
The epitomy of a buddy-cop movie.
April 29, 2017
With Richard Donner challenging our ability to suspend disbelief more than ever with the action sequences, it's amazing that this movie still manages to come off as well as it does. It may have been one movie too far but at least everything is neatly tied up with a bow at the end, bringing the franchise to a cheerful close.
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 16, 2017
Riggs and Murtaugh are both too old for this shit, but man oh man does that give Lethal Weapon 4 an entertaining premise. Throw in some masterful martial arts from Jet Li and you have a recipe for something fresh when it should in fact be stale.
½ December 1, 2016
Uncle Hong, nooooooooo.
November 27, 2016
Classic finale in the theatrical series! Followed by a TV series reboot. On Blu-ray.
November 25, 2016
161126: Lethal Weapon 4 comes on quick with spectacular special effects but, sadly, the same old jokes and stupidity. For some reason, except for my first viewing of the original Lethal Weapon, this series rubs me the wrong way. These "police officers" are just too stupid, ok that's a bit harsh, silly; and the humour does not appeal to my tastes. Never has. Mel Gibson's tombstone courage intrigued me with that initial viewing but has worn thin, so, so thin. Almost as thin as his dislocated shoulder. Chris Rock was the highlight and had me smiling a few times.
November 23, 2016
This movie gets three stars for a few reasons: the still flawless chemistry between Gibson and Glover, terrific action sequences, and energetic direction from the great Richard Donner.

However, this installment in the franchise loses two stars, because it didn't give Gibson's usually fantastic action counterpart Mr. Danny Glover nearly enough to do. It also doesn't stop moving long enough for us to have a nostalgic moment with Riggs and Murtaugh, which is the entire reason we're here.
½ September 11, 2016
I'm back from a few months of reviewing hiatus, and this one will be a short review noting I didn't watch Lethal Weapon 4 entirely all the way - each one of the Lethal Weapon films have a similar vibe to them. Very 80s, although pioneering, gritty bluesy cop tale. I think when you've seen 3 Lethal Weapons, at least in a row, you get tremendously sick with the same scenario each time. It gets old and uninteresting where it's the same characters doing the same schtick over and over. Pesci being goody, Glover being old and tired (for lack fo a better character description) - it's the same formula every time just with a new but somewhat similar drug bust scenario. The chemistry between Gibson and Glover is still amazing but milking out a new film every 2 years it will get stale. I could only watch about 40% of Lethal Weapon 4 because I was honestly uninterested in the film franchise at this point.
September 10, 2016
Boy, did this series fall in quality quickly. LW4 is by far the worst of the series and I'm glad that decided to give it a rest there. All the catchphrases and jokes felt forced. Mel Gibson's walking through this movie collecting his paycheck. If you've already watched the first 3, I'd stop there. Not a recommend.
August 24, 2016
A little too over-the-top at times and by now Pesci's character grates the nerves but the action is solid and Jet Li is a strong villain. Mel was also still well liked.
½ August 21, 2016
It was okay. The climax ended up being unwatchable due to lightning, which was a bummer.
½ August 14, 2016
Riggs was a much Bigger Prick in this 1.
July 30, 2016
After a 5+ year hiatus, Gibson and Glover return to play Riggs and Murtaugh. While casually boating, they run across a ship that is smuggling illegal immigrants from China. They become determined to figure out who is selling these immigrants into slavery. Chris Rock joins the cast to add more comic relief, and Pesci returns as Getz. Lethal Weapon 4 is entertaining and features some of the best action from the series. The film still has some feel from the third movie and lacks the grit from the first two films, but is entertaining nonetheless. Jet Li casts as a villain was excellent, and his showdown against the two cops made for a good ending. The film does a better job referencing the history and story of the characters than the 3rd film. Lethal Weapon 4 never needed to be made, but it was another decent action film that is worth watching for those that are fans of the franchise.
July 17, 2016
Not bad for the 4th film. They tired something new and it felt a little bit fresh, not as much as I think they wanted it too. Their is some gold like the car case/ fight with the house being moved( could of been film better) , that's one of my favorite action scenes ever, Chris rock and joe Pesci, and the boat scene in the beginning. Chris rock feel really forced in to the film. The old man story line didn't work either. They could of done better, but I still enjoy the film for what it is .
April 22, 2016
Better than Lethal Weapon 3 but still grossly self-indulgent. An incoherent script tries to juggle money-laundering Triads, the male menopause and dentistry - and blow up as many cars and buildings as the budget can stretch to. The whole thing plays like an overlong home movie. And we discover too that Chris Rock can't act.