Lethal Weapon 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lethal Weapon 4 Reviews

½ September 11, 2016
I'm back from a few months of reviewing hiatus, and this one will be a short review noting I didn't watch Lethal Weapon 4 entirely all the way - each one of the Lethal Weapon films have a similar vibe to them. Very 80s, although pioneering, gritty bluesy cop tale. I think when you've seen 3 Lethal Weapons, at least in a row, you get tremendously sick with the same scenario each time. It gets old and uninteresting where it's the same characters doing the same schtick over and over. Pesci being goody, Glover being old and tired (for lack fo a better character description) - it's the same formula every time just with a new but somewhat similar drug bust scenario. The chemistry between Gibson and Glover is still amazing but milking out a new film every 2 years it will get stale. I could only watch about 40% of Lethal Weapon 4 because I was honestly uninterested in the film franchise at this point.
September 10, 2016
Boy, did this series fall in quality quickly. LW4 is by far the worst of the series and I'm glad that decided to give it a rest there. All the catchphrases and jokes felt forced. Mel Gibson's walking through this movie collecting his paycheck. If you've already watched the first 3, I'd stop there. Not a recommend.
August 24, 2016
A little too over-the-top at times and by now Pesci's character grates the nerves but the action is solid and Jet Li is a strong villain. Mel was also still well liked.
½ August 21, 2016
It was okay. The climax ended up being unwatchable due to lightning, which was a bummer.
½ August 14, 2016
Riggs was a much Bigger Prick in this 1.
July 30, 2016
After a 5+ year hiatus, Gibson and Glover return to play Riggs and Murtaugh. While casually boating, they run across a ship that is smuggling illegal immigrants from China. They become determined to figure out who is selling these immigrants into slavery. Chris Rock joins the cast to add more comic relief, and Pesci returns as Getz. Lethal Weapon 4 is entertaining and features some of the best action from the series. The film still has some feel from the third movie and lacks the grit from the first two films, but is entertaining nonetheless. Jet Li casts as a villain was excellent, and his showdown against the two cops made for a good ending. The film does a better job referencing the history and story of the characters than the 3rd film. Lethal Weapon 4 never needed to be made, but it was another decent action film that is worth watching for those that are fans of the franchise.
July 17, 2016
Not bad for the 4th film. They tired something new and it felt a little bit fresh, not as much as I think they wanted it too. Their is some gold like the car case/ fight with the house being moved( could of been film better) , that's one of my favorite action scenes ever, Chris rock and joe Pesci, and the boat scene in the beginning. Chris rock feel really forced in to the film. The old man story line didn't work either. They could of done better, but I still enjoy the film for what it is .
April 22, 2016
Better than Lethal Weapon 3 but still grossly self-indulgent. An incoherent script tries to juggle money-laundering Triads, the male menopause and dentistry - and blow up as many cars and buildings as the budget can stretch to. The whole thing plays like an overlong home movie. And we discover too that Chris Rock can't act.
½ April 15, 2016
Perhaps the best in the series but definitely the best way for these guys to pull the curtain on the franchise. The "Bromance" these two guys share is unmatched to most modern day films & carries an almost bittersweet family feel towards the end which is practically never experienced in action cop films of today (they're far too brooding) - which is sad. Didn't see the need for dragging Chris Rock into this who I thought just took the spotlight off Leo.
April 1, 2016
Should have quit while you were ahead, Richard Donner. Joe Pesci's Leo Getz is not a welcome presence anymore, the film is horrifically racist towards Chinese people, Riggs is now an a##hole and Murtaugh is now a clown, the film tries to be too sugary sweet in the end, Chris Rock is an unnecessary presence and is obviously trying to bring in more of a crowd that likes comedy, and while Jet Li has good martial arts skills, his villain is nothing special like everyone says; he's only motivated by money, and when he's not fighting, he's either smiling evilly or holding a colorful necklace. Not subtle. Also, the film is just too silly. Pretty jarring change of tone for a film series that starts with a film that has Riggs trying to kill himself.
½ March 13, 2016
Stands tall with rest of series, I can understand why fans might not appreciate it more as it feels very different to the rest maybe it tries too hard in changing with the times and adding more humour than usual, A quite bigger cast than the rest and all were good fun, Some great fast paced action and just as good as they have ever been if you can accept that they tried to change the film to fit the times.
February 5, 2016
This is surprisingly the only film in the franchise that I happen to own, due in large part to the involvement of Jet Li as the villain, as his martial arts are just so amazing to watch that I almost wanna root for him over the aging and clunky physicality of our lead Mel Gibson.

Great stuff, and well worth the revisit.
January 30, 2016
A must see series with a magnificent and motivating staff...
December 31, 2015
It's exactly what you'd expect from a fourth Lethal Weapon. Chris Rock was a nice addition to the main cast.
½ December 24, 2015
The final movie in the series is a good one. Action packed and a great cast. Chris Rock is great. It took both old cops to take down Jet Li. Jet Li is a total badass.
Steve Grady
November 25, 2015
Disclaimer: The following review is for "Lethal Weapon 4: Director's Cut" although throughout the review it will simply be referred to as Disclaimer: The following review is for "Lethal Weapon 4".

"Lethal Weapon 4" is an okay action film. The acting in "Lethal Weapon 4" is good the best acting comes from "Mel Gibson" "Joe Pesci". The plot to this movie is alright, it's not a very entertaining throughout the movie. The action scenes in this movie are dull and boring. The music in this film is not too bad but not as good as the previous entries. I give "Lethal Weapon 4" a 5.5/10.
November 20, 2015
Another great film in the series but not as good as the first.
½ November 8, 2015
These films were all the same basic rigamarole
October 18, 2015
how did these movies go from action cop drama to comedy
½ September 22, 2015
Like the naked gun sequels, they have the humor and the action to surpass movie goers but not enough to compare it to its predecessor's