Like Crazy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Crazy Reviews

March 26, 2017
Indie film makers have no excuses after this movie.

It looks good, is entertaining, moving, intimate and grown up. This is the standard viewers need to hold indie movies up to.
February 16, 2017
Neatly explores some of the difficulties of a long-distance relationship.
February 7, 2017
Brilliant acting and a great story combine to make this a highly enjoyable movie, but it's not for everyone. The storyline is not an arc; it is a flat telling of events. I love that about it, and this is one of my favorites.
January 27, 2017
Like Crazy offers a both sweet and heartbreaking love story with a charismatic couple at the center.
January 6, 2017
It pertains very conventional romantic movie attributes even while its improvised. Tends to contain aggravating moments when it switches tone where I feel the improvisation is faltered. Yet still the main actors do feel as if in real life they have a solid connection.
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 24, 2016
The two leads feel like they're actually in love, the movie feels real, it feels like I'm peeping in on a real person's life. There's nothing huge or glamorous about the movie it just feels like two people that are in love and I loved that about the movie.
December 22, 2016
An emotionally deep, raw, and heartbreaking portrayal of the joys and hardships of love, illustrated flawlessly here in a long-distance relationship. Felicity Jones is a star in the making and Anton Yelchin continues to build on his already impressive resume. Simply amazing.
½ December 17, 2016
Absolutely adorable and touching film. An excellent indie film bolstered by great acting. Definitely an pleasant, emotional gem of a movie. Its sincerity sets it apart from any other film in the genre.
½ December 16, 2016
The leads are very talented even if not so charismatic (and they don't have a lot of chemistry together), but this is compensated by a mature story told with a lot of conviction and made even more sincere by its dynamic editing that shows well the power of time in a relationship.
½ October 23, 2016
Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones share a fantastic chemistry, and the overall environment and realistic writing of the film suggests for an easy digestive take on an over exhausting genre.
½ October 21, 2016
The thing that makes Like Crazy stand out in this category is that it is not a "fake," sappy, generic romance film. The ending could have been less ambiguous, but it is supposed to be like that to not seem "rigged" and "clichéd." It is among the more realistic romance film in a long time. The chemistry was so above average that it actually makes one give a quack on these fictional characters and their issues. Like Crazy accurately show what you have to give up for a long distance relationship. Even when tensions rise with you lover.
I will say that it is hard to hear at times. They whisper so much you have to struggle to hear. But it shows it is realistic enough to not talk so loudly to someone sitting right next to you.
October 13, 2016
Beautiful film about young love. Terrific and honest performances from the leads.
September 16, 2016
As suggested by a friend, I watched "Like Crazy" and now I've lost the little hope I had in romantic relationships. #whydidyoudothislily Great movie and realistic. Watch it.

Edit: No, it didn't make me lose hope in romantic relationships. I've come to a realisation, what the main characters did is still worth it, despite that ending! And no it's not "realistic" because to say so, is to discredit the realism in stories with positive ending. It's just not your usual ending.
August 19, 2016
So many films feed us the perfect fairy tale romance. It's so prevalent that the idea a soul mate and the easy relationship have become the expected reality for many. Like Crazy is not a fairy tale. It is the story of two people trying to make it work in the face of massive hurdles. Jacob and Anna go through their honeymoon phase, in their own little bubble, unable to stay away from each other for very long. But youthful ignorance and some poor choices quickly dispatch any notion that this will be another Hollywood ending. Anna and Jacob might be soul mates, and they clearly love each other, but as the obstacles pile up once Anna is deported and they are forced to live on opposite sides of the world, there is no denying that their relationship is no longer easy. It's work. Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin pick up every nuance and detail in their performances that make you root for the couple, but also root for them individually as their lives become separate. Like Crazy gives insight into the reality of relationships with no sugar coating and that is a beautiful thing.
½ August 10, 2016
A sad/happy story of a couple of two different worlds.
August 1, 2016
Stunning...a must see movie.
July 16, 2016
After watching it again I know it's a bit predictable but it's still so engaging because the leads are so good together. It's a heartbreaking story that relies more on the character's feelings rather than exploitive Nicolas Sparks-esque manipulation.
July 10, 2016
i love movie...like crazy.
½ March 26, 2016
Good actors though not much chemistry. Nice cinematography and story line but a little slow paced with an underwhelming ending.