Like Crazy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Crazy Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones share a fantastic chemistry, and the overall environment and realistic writing of the film suggests for an easy digestive take on an over exhausting genre.
½ October 21, 2016
The thing that makes Like Crazy stand out in this category is that it is not a "fake," sappy, generic romance film. The ending could have been less ambiguous, but it is supposed to be like that to not seem "rigged" and "clichéd." It is among the more realistic romance film in a long time. The chemistry was so above average that it actually makes one give a quack on these fictional characters and their issues. Like Crazy accurately show what you have to give up for a long distance relationship. Even when tensions rise with you lover.
I will say that it is hard to hear at times. They whisper so much you have to struggle to hear. But it shows it is realistic enough to not talk so loudly to someone sitting right next to you.
October 13, 2016
Beautiful film about young love. Terrific and honest performances from the leads.
September 16, 2016
As suggested by a friend, I watched "Like Crazy" and now I've lost the little hope I had in romantic relationships. #whydidyoudothislily Great movie and realistic. Watch it.

Edit: No, it didn't make me lose hope in romantic relationships. I've come to a realisation, what the main characters did is still worth it, despite that ending! And no it's not "realistic" because to say so, is to discredit the realism in stories with positive ending. It's just not your usual ending.
½ September 6, 2016
The leads are very talented though not so charismatic (and they don't have that much chemistry together), but this is compensated by a mature story told with a lot of conviction and made even more sincere by dynamic editing that shows well the power of time in a relationship.
August 19, 2016
So many films feed us the perfect fairy tale romance. It's so prevalent that the idea a soul mate and the easy relationship have become the expected reality for many. Like Crazy is not a fairy tale. It is the story of two people trying to make it work in the face of massive hurdles. Jacob and Anna go through their honeymoon phase, in their own little bubble, unable to stay away from each other for very long. But youthful ignorance and some poor choices quickly dispatch any notion that this will be another Hollywood ending. Anna and Jacob might be soul mates, and they clearly love each other, but as the obstacles pile up once Anna is deported and they are forced to live on opposite sides of the world, there is no denying that their relationship is no longer easy. It's work. Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin pick up every nuance and detail in their performances that make you root for the couple, but also root for them individually as their lives become separate. Like Crazy gives insight into the reality of relationships with no sugar coating and that is a beautiful thing.
½ August 10, 2016
A sad/happy story of a couple of two different worlds.
August 1, 2016
Stunning...a must see movie.
July 16, 2016
After watching it again I know it's a bit predictable but it's still so engaging because the leads are so good together. It's a heartbreaking story that relies more on the character's feelings rather than exploitive Nicolas Sparks-esque manipulation.
July 10, 2016
i love crazy.
June 25, 2016
Absolutely adorable and touching film. An excellent indie film bolstered by great acting. Definitely an pleasant, emotional gem of a movie. Its sincerity sets it apart from any other film in the genre.
½ March 26, 2016
Good actors though not much chemistry. Nice cinematography and story line but a little slow paced with an underwhelming ending.
March 6, 2016
Took me five years to finally see it. And... It was only OK... I almost feel like it was over my head. Seems like a love story about two people being in love with the idea of being in love. You want to see a better "modern" love story for today's youth? Go watch "Fault in Our Stars."
½ February 15, 2016
A romantic drama film that shows the different manifestations of love, though the movie has a contrived story at some points.
January 30, 2016
Just when I started to care about the characters the film is over! There's a little too much thought provoking piano scenes for my liking but it was an easy watch.
January 18, 2016
I've seen the film at least 10 times in the last couple years, and it only gets better and better. Is it a masterpiece? No. Does it add anything new to the genre? Probably not. Still, it doesn't stop me from being in love with Like Crazy. This is one of my all-time favorite films; no other recent film has captured young love, the act of falling in love, and the hardships of maintaining that relationship truer and more beautiful and intimate as this Drake Doremus' indie gem. Like Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise", this film presents that telling a story doesn't require a massive amount of money, as long as you have a great story and the characters you care about. This is not for everybody and some people may find its sentimentality bothersome, but I like that it's sentimental. Life is full of moments like that, and I like it very much.
January 2, 2016
Lacked resolution to all it pulled you through.
December 4, 2015
Even with a good premise for a love story and a great performance from Felicity Jones, Like Crazy spends way too much time on its main characters and completely rushes to its ending without showing any consequences of their actions.
½ August 15, 2015
Reasons you shouldn't always trust Rotten Tomatoes..