Little Fockers Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
June 20, 2014
Mediocre third film, Little Fockers really could have been a fun, entertaining movie, but it uses recycled ideas from the two previous movies, and though at times I did laugh, there weren't enough good on-screen jokes to make this a standout comedy worth seeing. The film suffers from a lacking script which just makes the film tedious, and unmemorable. The first two films were great, but with this film the material just doesn't deliver. The humor is predictable, and it's overdone. What they could have done here was keep some of the familiar ground they've established and write new intelligent jokes, instead of exclusively using the old ones. The film just lacks in terms of good story, and everyone involved seems to go through the motions as if they don't care how it ends. Well, Little Fockers ends up being a tiresome film, one that just doesn't deliver anything really funny. Sure, there are a few laughs here and there, but it's not consistent enough to really make this a watchable film. Stick with Meet the Parents instead, it was the best of the trilogy and is still very funny after all these years. Little Fockers is the same old gag and it has become predictable to the point where it's just another comedy sequel that simply doesn't know how to conclude a good trilogy. Little Fockers isn't awful, but it's not good either, it's a mediocre movie, one that that tries too hard at outdoing the first two, and it just doesn't have enough good elements to make this a funny, entertaining comedy. Not awful, but forgettable, Little Fockers should have been much better than this.
Nikhil N.
½ April 30, 2011
Had a couple of laughs but not worth ten dollars. It is hard to believe that Meet the Parents ended up like this. My advice: watch the first and if your curious then the second. The third is a horrible let down.
½ September 29, 2009
Painful third installment in a series that should have ended on the first one, when it was still funny. Honestly felt like a bad tv movie. Glad it was a free rental.
September 4, 2010
Well, I like this series. Granted, they are getting less and less memorable, but I still find them enjoyable. It is still well done. It still has plenty of laughable moments. It still has a nice script. BUT, I do think that they may need to call it a day now.
March 24, 2012
Ben Stiller's comedies are really starting to go downhill, with a well known casting, it still seems to get worse, the laughs are cringy and the films are just getting worse, as we can clearly see they are getting more and more desperate for films.
thmtsang
December 31, 2010
Third installment of the Fockers. It's the twins birthday which brings the two families together. Familar faces are all present including Owen Wilson, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro. In addition there is foxy Jessica Alba as the alluring medical rep.
TheGame90
September 18, 2011
Maybe not as funny as the first two....but not far from. I just can't believe they're all here...cause....they're all here! Even Harvey Keitel is here. Just like the other two...loaded with great jokes. And everybody puts of their A-game
½ April 12, 2011
Interesting but strange simular to the orignal, funny but not really original. Not a must see, but worth seeing to cheer yourself up and if you have seen the previous movies.
½ February 8, 2009
Little Fockers is not without it's funny moments, but they are far and few between. It could be that the third installment was one too many and the whole relationship between Greg and Jack has been milked for all it can be.
½ December 26, 2010
I was worried this wasn't going to be as good as the first two films after the reviews. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised this was a lot funnier than I though. Meet the Fockers was ok, but the first was great. I thought this would have too much focus on the kids, but it's mainly the interaction between De Niro and Stiller again that brings the laughs. Great support cast in small roles including Jessica Alba, Laura Dern and even Harvey Keitel!? Towards the end it started to feel like the first films ideas all over again though. Still plenty of good laughs to be had.
murphmann93
½ June 23, 2011
Pardon my language but absolutely shit. Should of left it at 'Meet The Fockers' Not funny. Ben Stiller was even less hilarious than usual. Pathetic attempt at a sequel.
June 18, 2011
Putrid sequel. One of the worst of 2010.
½ June 11, 2011
Feels like a straight-to-DVD installment of an already stale series. And even if it was straight-to-DVD, it's on the lower end of the spectrum.
½ June 8, 2011
Garbage
BEACHBUNNI
October 23, 2008
Third installment of "The Fockers" this is still a funny movie and so entertaining, all about the next chapter in Greg and Pams life. Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller still take centre stage and keep the spark lit and the chemistry intact to entertain us.
CloudStrife84
July 1, 2010
Given all the bad ratings, I expected this to blow. But as I had already seen the first two films, I thought I might as well see this one too. Now I wouldn't exactly class this as a top notch comedy, but considering what most people think of the film, I was astonished to discover that it wasn't all that bad. Some of the jokes are a little cringe-inducing and Jessica Alba is rather annoying, but on the whole I was quite amused. Ben Stiller does his usual dull routine, but with cast members like Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro, at least you can't complain about the acting. Nothing I'll be adding to my film collection, but hardly the turkey so many would have us believe.
April 23, 2011
This movie has a pretty talented cast so it's not completely void of laughs, but it's pretty bad. The writing is horrible, and there just isn't enough depth to the characters to squeeze a third movie out of the series. It's pointless and stupid. If you want to have a good taste in your mouth when you look back on this series, avoid this movie at all costs.
½ April 18, 2011
I'll be honest, I really liked all of these movies. They're all funny and extremely entertaining. Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller's odd dynamic works best here for some reason, maybe because their intensity and closeness is more apparent. However, it's once again Owen Wilson that steals the show as a new found witch doctor/ party clown. You basically know what you're getting into with all these movies; some of it's cheesy, but nothing too hard to watch.
January 22, 2011
Jack Byrnes: I'm watching you.
Greg Focker: Yeah, well I have eyes too, so I'll be watching you... watching me.

Pretty fockin' bad. I wanted to like this movie. I honestly did, except this movie failed to do what Meet The Parents and Meet The Fockers did, laugh. You can tell how lazy Director Paul Weitz was with this one.

Henry Focker: Daddy, can girls poop out of their vaginas?

It has taken 10 years, two little Fockers with wife Pam (Polo) and countless hurdles for Greg to finally get "in" with his tightly wound father-in-law, Jack. After the cash-strapped dad takes a job moonlighting for a drug company, however, Jack's suspicions about his favorite male nurse come roaring back. When Greg and Pam's entire clan-including Pam's lovelorn ex, Kevin (Owen Wilson) descends for the twins' birthday party, Greg must prove to the skeptical Jack that he's fully capable as the man of the house. But with all the misunderstandings, spying and covert missions, will Greg pass Jack's final test and become the family's next patriarch...or will the circle of trust be broken for good?

Andi Garcia: Hi, I'm Andi Garcia.
Greg Focker: Your face is much less chubby in person.

As the movie goes on, the director doesn't quite know what to do with the story. The acting was decent, as expected, but Owen Wilson's character was focking atrocious. Wilson's performance is both annoying and unnecessary. Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman don't have nearly enough screen time, and Jessica Alba's awful performance doesn't help.

Kevin Rawley: Don't get hysterical.
Greg Focker: I'm not getting hysterical. He's getting hysterical.
Kevin Rawley: Look it's natural to get a little tempted.
Greg Focker: Nobody's tempted.
Kevin Rawley: Even our dear friend the Buddha had to pass through some sorrow on his way to enlightenment.
Greg Focker: Our dear friend the Buddha? How's he doing? It's been so long. Do you ever listen to yourself?
Kevin Rawley: I try not to. I speak from the heart, off the cuff, like my man JC at the Sermon on the Mount. I think that's what you've always admired about me.

Robert De Niro reprises his role as the ex-CIA 'family man' Jack Byrnes. De Niro's performance is great, but thats expected considering that he's probably the best actor in cinema history. So what was my problem with him? There wasn't enough of him. There was so much potential with the whole 'Godfather' take, but the execution was too slow.

Jack Byrnes: Are you ready to be the GodFocker?

I'll admit that I did laugh during this movie, pretty hard a few times. Sadly, that was maybe two-three times. I'm not blaming this on the actors, but I am blaming this on Jay Roach, not Paul Weitz. It's Jay's fault that Weitz directed this movie, because while Weitz was making a terrible film, Roach was off making Dinner for Schmucks. Roach new that Weitz would screw it up, but he didn't care. I didn't hate the movie, but this is the reason why this movie isn't funny.

Jack Byrnes: [as Jack is being loaded into an ambulance, to Greg] Focker!
EMT: Why is he cursing at us?
EMT: We're just trying to help you sir...
LWOODS04
August 9, 2009
Cast: Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Owen Wilson, Dustin Hoffman, Teri Polo, Harvey Keitel, Barbra Streisand, Blythe Danner, Laura Dern

Director: Paul Weitz

Summary: Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) has finally won the approval of his intimidating father-in-law, retired CIA agent Jack Byrnes (Robert De Niro). But when Greg and wife Pam (Teri Polo) add a pair of rambunctious kids to the mix, the tension between the two men rises to the surface once again.

My Thoughts: "Funny, but no, not as funny as the first two instalments. The kids in the movie were cute and funny. I thought it would be more about the children considering the title, but it was more about relationships. The biggest surprise for me was Jessica Alba's performance. It's the first time in a comedy film that I wasn't completely annoyed with her or her acting. She actually did a decent job in this film. So, not better then the first two, but not an awful third attempt. Worth the rental."