Logan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Logan Reviews

October 19, 2017
I probably can't accurately rate this movie until it's less open wound and more scar tissue, but I feel safe in my assessment that sadness level + gore factor doesn't beat 4 stars, even if the acting was phenomenal and the plot fair and it was what it had to be. I think I probably need to rewatch the series soon, but I think of all of the installments thus far this one is probably ranking as my least favorite. It was just so incredibly painful.
Boyfriend gave it 5 stars easily. He's much more excited about gore than I am.
October 19, 2017
In this breathe of fresh air for the X-men franchise, 20th Century Fox do a fantastic job of ending this character's run. Just like 'Deadpool', Fox have used their characters to do something completely new in the superhero genre and once again, hit a home run. The film's perfect attention to detail was incredible, making sure everything was visually stunning yet important. Each character looked extremely different to their other iterations but were still recognizable, allowing you to feel immersed in this new universe and story line. A worn decrepit Wolverine and an old senile Professor X. Hugh Jackman delivered his role tremendously, finding a perfect way to portray a plethora of emotions that we haven't seen the character show for a long time. There wasn't a single moment in which I did not feel empathy for the character when it was needed, one of the film's strongest points. The film was written in such a way that every detail they wanted to be known was told in a genuine manner, yet I was also kept on the edge of my seat wanting to know certain details of this universe and it's history. Overall the film was incredible, finding a good mix of classic superhero action and genuine lovable moments that could only leave the audience feeling complete, despite also wanting to know more.
October 18, 2017
EL OCASO DE UN HÉROE, EL ULTIMO MUTANTE QUE COMO UN COWBOY EN EL LEJANO OESTE HACE SU ULTIMA VOLUNTAD PARA DERROTAR A LOS VILLANOS.
HUGH JACKMAN LUEGO DE 17 AÑOS SE DESPIDE POR LA PUERTA GRANDE DEL PERSONAJE QUE LO HIZO FAMOSO Y QUE TODOS QUEREMOS DEJANDO UNA HUELLA IMBORRABLE EN LA HISTORIA DEL CINE Y LA CIENCIA-FICCIÓN, ESTA ES SIN DUDA UNA DE SUS MEJORES ACTUACIONES JUNTO A UNA EXCELENTE PELÍCULA CARGADA DE DRAMA, ACCIÓN Y VIOLENCIA CRUDA COMO SOLO EL PERSONAJE DE WOLVERINE SE MERECÍA. PATRICK STEWART TAMBIÉN SE DESTACA CON SU EXPERIENCIA ACTORAL EN SU YA CONOCIDO PERSONAJE DEL PROFESOR X Y EL DEBUT DE DAFNE KEEN COMO X-23 ES MARAVILLOSO. REALMENTE EL DIRECTOR JAMES MANGOLD SE LUCIO CON ESTA PRODUCCIÓN PORQUE ES ALGO QUE NO SE OLVIDARA FÁCILMENTE AL SALIR DE LAS SALAS DE CINE.
SOLO QUEDA DECIR GRACIAS HUGH JACKMAN PORQUE TU WOLVERINE SERA DIFÍCIL DE OLVIDAR!! Y NO SERA FÁCIL ENCONTRAR TU REEMPLAZO.
October 17, 2017
One of the better superhero films that's been made. Grit. Heart. Great story.
½ October 16, 2017
i had stop watching the xmen series because after a while they were getting a bit ridiculous. what a chance this became. not only did Larry and i both enjoy this film (and it was a very long movie) we love the concept behind the film. the reality of it and the start of the nee generation of mutants.
½ October 16, 2017
The storyline is well thought. Hands down one of my top 5 Superhero movies.
October 16, 2017
Wish it would have a little more of his past to complete this movie.
October 16, 2017
I was tensed for most of the movie. It was a very sad movie overall. I loved all the action too. Perfect mix.
October 16, 2017
The first good X-Men movie might also be my favorite superhero movie ever! :-)
October 15, 2017
Wolverine's last outing is the closest in spirit to the X-Men source material (most of it written by Chris Claremont) making it the finest movie in the franchise. The best X-Men stories were dark, tragic, suspenseful, and emotionally powerful. Director James Mangold captures it all here. Hugh Jackman finally nails the real essence of the character - a haunted anti-hero who is emotionally and physically at conflict with himself because of all the tragedies he's endured, connecting and saving others - the cost of a being hero. Thanks to the R rating, we finally see Wolverine do what he does best and what he does is gory and nasty - limbs fly and heads are impaled c/o adamantium claws in the bloodiest action sequences this side of Hacksaw Ridge. Uninhibited by the PG-13 rating, Logan gets to let the cursing fly and even Patrick Stewart's Prof. Xavier get into the act as well. It's a sad and hilarious statement about how far these former heroes have fallen from grace. Stewart gives his best portrayal as Prof. X, like Logan, age has caught up with him as well but his altruistic nature comes out in bursts (when he's not bickering with Logan). The rest of the cast is great but the real standout is young newcomer is Dafne Keen, who says so much in her silence and violence. This may be a Wolverine movie but this is still an X-Men movie at heart which deals with such themes as the old age, price of heroism, slavery, and oppression in a reflective manner. What makes it stand out from the rest of its X-Men film brethren is that it defies standard superhero standards in its relentlessness in the dialogue, the violence, and tragedy. Which makes it a fitting and poignant swan song for this heroic icon.
Great Movie.
What the movie lacks in variety of Mutants it certainly doesn't in quality. The characters are incredibly well performed and loyal in a Hollywood's degree level of from-comics-to-big-screens' adaptation. Hugh Jackmann sweats out giving his best as his last time playing Wolverine, leaving us with a very organic emotional perspective of the character, which is pretty good.
The screenwriting and plot are great and the performances are beautiful alongside the cinematography. I think the only mistake of the movie was not clearly explaining what actually happened to the Mutants in this future.
Of course it is implied that either the Government or private companies like the one who hires the "Reavers" 'kind of' exterminated them, but you can't just hope fans to accept that powerful mutants like Cyclops, Jean Grey, Magneto were simply hunt down to a point of almost-extinction.
Nonethless.. Logan is a must-see to any X-Men or Wolverine fans.
October 15, 2017
To me it was kind of a mixed bag. There was a lot of good moments and not so good moments. It felt really long and there was no central antagonist, the script was an overloaded mess and certain characters were left unmentioned. But I will say the ending was a great sendoff, I just wish I could say the film as a whole was great but it wasn't to me. It was okay at best and disappointing at worst.
October 15, 2017
A modern masterpiece of the comic book genre worthy of being on the same level as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
Saw it, okay, I guess
October 14, 2017
Jackman's last outing as Wolverine and my, what a finale. Driven by the exceptional performance of Jackman, Stewart and new-comer Dafne Keen - who's performance truly makes her worthy of the next Wolverine crown - this thrilling yet emotional picture manages to break free of the superhero genre norm.
October 14, 2017
An amazing stand alone story not only for marvel lovers, but for anyone who loves and admires movies in general. With it's amazing characters and story, this film is sure to become a classic. Also the films "Last of Us" feel, a certain sense of lost hope and isolation adds to an especially significant aspect of Logan's narrative.
October 12, 2017
Logan is as violent as it is emotional. It is the mature X-Men and Wolverine film fans have waited for since superhero movies started to take off. Hugh Jackman's sendoff for the character is so deeply moving. Patrick Stewart's Prof. X is finally the father figure he needed to be. The little girl also is a great actress in the making. The real star may be the cinematography and the direction, which is shot like a noir western. Logan is so touching as it is thrilling to the bitter end. Watch Logan. It's easily one of the best films of 2017.
October 12, 2017
A very good film that got so much right but sadly got so much wrong. Whilst there are only around 3 main problems, they are major. There were 3 villains in this flick and all of which fell flat, with Donald Pierce starting off incredibly as a villain with a cool look and even cooler dialogue, he then spent almost every other scene being made to look like no threat to anyone.
The first main problem, the smallest one, was the inclusion of Caliban. This character proved to be pointless, only being used in order to have certain things happen within the film, and to be used as a sacrifice which gave no emotion, only a sigh of relief that the main characters could get out alive. A poor waste of a good character, and a good actor. This is extremely lazy scriptwriting from the writers.
Zander Rice was a character that could have worked in many other films but fell flat in 'Logan.' Many films follow a lead villain who is sick and twisted but leaves others to fight for him, but still stay relentless and intimidating when met with confrontation, but sadly, all he gave was some evil ideas and cowering whenever trouble came his way.
Lastly, in terms of villains, there is X-24, who is built up to high heavens, but then, when he is finally met is defeated both times in 2 scenes, within 5 minutes.
The deaths of both Wolverine and Professor Xavier were also extremely disappointing, with Xavier's death coming off completely as shock value, leaving the emotion to come after a fight scene between X-24 and Wolverine, and only being given a minute or less. And Wolverine, all in all, was killed from a Tree. The emotion of Wolverine's death only coming in the last shot. For 2 characters - the film specific versions - that have been loved, and constantly building in character, for 17 years, these deaths were not given the time, or emotion, that they deserved.
Perhaps a 3/5 is harsh, but considering the hype that this film got, and still has, these flaws really should not be in the film.
½ October 12, 2017
Another great X-Men movie!
October 11, 2017
I can't decide if this is the best movie this year, or War for the Planet of the Apes or Blade Runner 2049