Logan's Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Logan's Run Reviews

½ September 18, 2016
This film was really good, campy, well written story. It does lag on & begins to lose interest when they introduce the unknown old cat guy. The story breaks down, the character sucks. You'll become more interested in the cats licking themselves. Other than the poorly executed ending & delivery to wrap up the story... It's very good.
½ September 6, 2016
Until I watched this and Zardoz back-to-back, with fairly recent helpings of Planet of the Apes and Flash Gordon, I never fully realized just what people meant when they said how much of a gamechanger Star Wars was. Especially with that still trailer image at the top of the page reminding me more of Luke and Leia about to swing across the gap than anything in this movie.

This was a fantastical movie with strange presence, oddball lingo, and just enough normality to get fully invested in the abnormal. Basil Exposition fights his way out of Black Mesa into Fallout 3. It was a lot of fun.
August 28, 2016
Saw this in my early teens and was totally engrossed from start to finish. Yeah, it was very 70's-ish and wasn't gonna grab the attention of the Academy but for me, the concept was so intriguing/frightening and I had to see it through. Great Sci-Fi flick idea.
July 30, 2016
You would enjoy this if you were 12 in 1976. Not today.
½ July 21, 2016
Not a bad futuristic utopia (dystopia?) attempt, but it unfortunately falls a little flat and drags on unnecessarily. Maybe I didn't love it as much as I could've, since I just finished Huxley's 'Brave New World', which this takes almost everything from - never aging, no parents, drugs, no husbands/wives, just multiple partners... York is good as Logan 5, who's world is turned upside down when he has to become a 'runner' escaping society and Jessica (Agutter) is good as his love interest. However, once they escape, it just becomes a poor 'Planet of the Apes', with them walking around Washington DC for 30min and nothing happening. Bland ending too. The soundtrack sounds so dated now - the 1970's trying to predict the 2270's! The production value differences between this and 'A New Hope' only one year later are astounding...
½ July 4, 2016
Dreary '70's sci-fi dystopia is culturally significant.
May 29, 2016
my favourite movie of all time, so i'm heavily biased, I really hope the future turns out like this
½ May 24, 2016
Saw in theater when came out. Really liked it ... then. Story is good. The special effects are, of course, now very dated and seem cheesy.
May 7, 2016
Logan's Run is an immensely entertaining sci-fi flick. Yes, the execution of its intriguing premise is quite unsophisticated, the action is silly, the acting is sometimes poor and the film went into overly campy territory later on, but I forgive most of those flaws just for the fact that it is so hugely entertaining and fun to watch. But it is also has an interesting scenery, a great ending, solid characters, good score and an involving plot leading to a solid, very fun sci-fi film.
April 30, 2016
This is an interesting science-fiction movie from the 70's. The middle part of the movie feels a bit long and tedious.
April 29, 2016
Logan's Run (1976) ??
Very intriguing Sci-fi about an "idyllic" future with one major drawback: life must end at the age of 30. Dazzling story starts out wonderfully, but about halfway through, becomes plodding, where it never recovers. Art-direction and Oscar-winning special effects are astounding throughout.
March 26, 2016
Uste edna SF klasika od 1976 koja mora da ja pomine sekoj SF fan :) Kolku samo bleska Michael York, kolku e mlad... :)
½ February 10, 2016
A great story made average in this adaptation. Scrimping on quality special effects certainly didn't help. Ustinov steals the show in the last third.
½ December 10, 2015
Un titánico esfuerzo de producción y un ambiente fabuloso para una odisea scifi inimitable y llena de buenos recuerdos... aunque algo más de guión al final no hubiera venido mal para ser una más eficaz fábula scifi.
½ December 5, 2015
Between 3 and 3.5. I barely give it 3.5, just for originality.
½ November 26, 2015
Campy 70s schlock that's good for a giggle.
½ October 19, 2015
an amazing sci fi film. I have a few questions though...... Spoiler Alert! Are the babies made with computers and is everyone infertile? because you never see a pregnant woman it's almost like everyone if test tube babies so when they break free at the end. are they techniqually the last of the human race?? I could see a second film to this in 2015. There's alot of story there i think.
Robert B.
October 3, 2015
Logan's Run is a great bad movie. What makes it great is the genuine energy and seriousness put into it. As sci-fi, it is not even terrible, but rather is fun as far as the concepts go. The youthful earnestness (typical of that era, like Luke in Star Wars) of the lead actors is a refreshing change from typical posturing one expects, and it adds to the fun/silly vibe. Perhaps four stars is generous, but I enjoyed it; just the type of flick to put on when you have a few random hours to kill late at night.
½ September 27, 2015
The third act (and particularly the ending) are anticlimactic and dull, but that doesn't take away from a fairly exciting first half. A sci-fi cult classic.
August 31, 2015
Goofy, sci-fi, technicolor fun.