Logan's Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Logan's Run Reviews

May 20, 2017
Logan's Run was a lot of fun, but they did not see the Sun. You live in a bubble & stay out of trouble, but there's 1 secret which is dirty, viz : you have to die at 30 !
½ May 18, 2017
1976 film which deals with a futuristic society where everyone is put to death at the age of 30 (gasp! to the rest of us). It's actually flashy storytelling with some creative set-pieces and not being aware of the story, I was also surprised by the twist. It does look a bit dated (like a space opera set in Studio 54) and was probably forgotten in the wake of the Star Wars saga but it holds up quite well as decent science fiction.
April 23, 2017
Logan's Run is a rather dumb movie that is a bit too long. But I liked the retro style and it was a cool idea. My favourite part is when they meet the fish packaging robot that tries to package them.
April 5, 2017
As an atheist, I see Logan's Run as a glorious metaphor for atheists rejecting the hypothesis if there's Afterlife. Let me say it again, THERE IS NO SANCTUARY.
March 24, 2017
One of the best science fiction movies of all time. It deserves the same respect that movies such as Star Wars and Blade Runner have.
February 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie (and the book) as a kid, but it doesn't hold up so well today. Interesting population control ideas...
January 28, 2017
January 17, 2017
way ahead of its time, great concept and execution halfway through it really takes off
½ December 17, 2016
SFX (obviously) don't hold up, but it's still a pretty fun movie.
November 28, 2016
Strange and somewhat uneven film that doesn't quite amount to much. On Blu-ray.
½ November 14, 2016
73%
Saw this on 14/11/16
The sci-fi themes resonate well for the fans of the genre and fr others, it would simply seem as passable fare. Compared to the modern sci-fi films, Logan's run has heart and is based on a more interesting story. Eventhough it is based on youngsters, it doesn't feel too silly. That doesn't mean that this flawless though, Logan's run is passable.
½ September 18, 2016
This film was really good, campy, well written story. It does lag on & begins to lose interest when they introduce the unknown old cat guy. The story breaks down, the character sucks. You'll become more interested in the cats licking themselves. Other than the poorly executed ending & delivery to wrap up the story... It's very good.
½ September 6, 2016
Until I watched this and Zardoz back-to-back, with fairly recent helpings of Planet of the Apes and Flash Gordon, I never fully realized just what people meant when they said how much of a gamechanger Star Wars was. Especially with that still trailer image at the top of the page reminding me more of Luke and Leia about to swing across the gap than anything in this movie.

This was a fantastical movie with strange presence, oddball lingo, and just enough normality to get fully invested in the abnormal. Basil Exposition fights his way out of Black Mesa into Fallout 3. It was a lot of fun.
August 28, 2016
Saw this in my early teens and was totally engrossed from start to finish. Yeah, it was very 70's-ish and wasn't gonna grab the attention of the Academy but for me, the concept was so intriguing/frightening and I had to see it through. Great Sci-Fi flick idea.
July 30, 2016
You would enjoy this if you were 12 in 1976. Not today.
½ July 21, 2016
Not a bad futuristic utopia (dystopia?) attempt, but it unfortunately falls a little flat and drags on unnecessarily. Maybe I didn't love it as much as I could've, since I just finished Huxley's 'Brave New World', which this takes almost everything from - never aging, no parents, drugs, no husbands/wives, just multiple partners... York is good as Logan 5, who's world is turned upside down when he has to become a 'runner' escaping society and Jessica (Agutter) is good as his love interest. However, once they escape, it just becomes a poor 'Planet of the Apes', with them walking around Washington DC for 30min and nothing happening. Bland ending too. The soundtrack sounds so dated now - the 1970's trying to predict the 2270's! The production value differences between this and 'A New Hope' only one year later are astounding...
½ July 4, 2016
Dreary '70's sci-fi dystopia is culturally significant.
May 29, 2016
my favourite movie of all time, so i'm heavily biased, I really hope the future turns out like this
½ May 24, 2016
Saw in theater when came out. Really liked it ... then. Story is good. The special effects are, of course, now very dated and seem cheesy.
May 7, 2016
Logan's Run is an immensely entertaining sci-fi flick. Yes, the execution of its intriguing premise is quite unsophisticated, the action is silly, the acting is sometimes poor and the film went into overly campy territory later on, but I forgive most of those flaws just for the fact that it is so hugely entertaining and fun to watch. But it is also has an interesting scenery, a great ending, solid characters, good score and an involving plot leading to a solid, very fun sci-fi film.