Look Who's Talking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Look Who's Talking Reviews

August 28, 2017
I will give this movie only a tiny bit more love than the critics did. This movie has a few moments of charm and a few laughs, but make no mistake, this is not what I would call a good movie. Younger viewers may like it more than adults, but some scenes might be too "educational" for young children.
August 1, 2017
I loved the hell out of this movie when I was 12. It's not quite as hilarious as I remember but still cute and very funny at times. Killer soundtrack to back the excellent chemistry between Alley and Travolta.
½ February 17, 2017
Kristie Alley and John Travolta star Amy Heckerling's Look Who's Talking. Kristie Alley is Mollie, a woman who is in love with a married man Albert (George Segal). She hopes for him to get divorced, especially when she finds out she is ready to have his kid. When he realizes, he has no plans to commit, she decides to raise the kid on her own.

On the verge of being in labor the cab driver James (John Travolta) takes her to the hospital and the two become friends. He agrees to babysit the kid in exchange for her keeping and holding some mail for him. She continues to try and date without realizing what she has with James right in front of her. Throughout the entire film the child is voice over by Bruce Willis, and provides commentary throughout the film.

Look Who's Talking is a family comedy that aims to please most ages. The translations for the baby are pretty terrible and at times become unbearable. The chemistry between Travolta and Alley are the only thing that keeps this film worth watching at all. This is definitely not a comedy for me, but somehow this movie made millions and it led to 3 sequels.

-2.11.2017
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
March 25, 2016
Bruce Willis as a baby's voice was funny enough to entertain.
October 18, 2015
A heartwarming easy to watch romantic comedy. Kirstie Alley & John Travolta are great in this fun gentle film, some film critics are too pompous to see how good this really is, I could watch this and Look Who's Talking Too daily, it's a joy.
October 10, 2015
love the 'talking' baby
½ September 29, 2015
This movie had aged well, it is still a watchable comedy. A very simple, short easy movie. The only part I think was kinda strange to watch and is still uncomfortable and that is the egg scene. I could live without that. Bruce Willis used to be a funny guy, that was nice to see his intentional humor again.
½ July 20, 2015
Thought it was actually decently well made.
½ July 13, 2015
Dans la série des idées à la con, Look Who's Talking se place très haut dans la hiérarchie des années 80. Il en reste que le film d'Amy Heckerling est une comédie romantique tout ce qu'il y a de plus sympathique et de plus charmant dans la mesure où il n'abuse pas de son concept casse-gueule et ne s'en sert qu'avec parcimonie, permettant à Bruce Willis d'être très drôle sans trop en faire. Kirstie Alley et John Travolta possèdent une excellente alchimie tandis que George Segal est hilarant en womanizer. Look Who's Talking possède tous les attraits de la comédie 80's, jusqu'à l'utilisation de Walking on Sunshine et de Let My Love Open the Door, et les utilise très bien. Bonne surprise
July 9, 2015
Bruce is the best baby
½ April 16, 2015
Cute.....almost too cute.
April 11, 2015
It's very original, simple and fun. Look Who's Talking is not a smart comedy or very funny, however is not bad to hang out. 6.5/10
½ September 18, 2014
An original concept of showing what babies thinks instead of just talking, which is a cute thing to watch sometimes. Willis, aka McClane from "Die Hard," narrates the main baby's mind that had steal the show with such funny lines that makes this comedy really funny (of course there are other funny parts besides the baby's mind) starring Travolta and Alley. But the scenes on how the female body works in the inside when the baby gets develop were kind of disturbing, especially the one process after the baby comes out was gross-out. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 28, 2014
Not interested in this one.
August 14, 2014
Great movie. Makes me laugh every time.
½ August 2, 2014
This Was Cute And A Bit Funny,But This Was Not That Good.C+
½ July 27, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 8/29/2010)
July 13, 2014
This is a child hood movie and always a fav love it