Lucky You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky You Reviews

October 6, 2015
Thin......with this talent that's disappointing.
September 14, 2015
My younger brother was a compulsive gambler. He died of a sudden heart attack on a river boat gambling casino. He had .59 cents left to his name. He was living in a flop house shelter in Baton Rouge. I guess you could say he was "busted flat".
Lucky You told a good enough story, Barrymore and Bana clicked very well.
I hope people enjoyed the movie's
story and really saw what gambling can to to a person's life. One does not depend on just luck to get through this world and if you believe that it is just like that gets you by, then you may end up dead on a casino floor.
½ August 8, 2015
The poker was, for the most part, realistic, and had some of the top pros at the tables. But the movie as a whole was awful! No plot, incoherent,etc. Bana was decent, Duvall was great as usual, but Barrymore was dreadful! I love poker, but it was still hard to sit through. PASS!
½ May 3, 2015
A bit boring if you are not into the game of Texas hold-em Poker.
½ April 12, 2015
I found this quite boring!
½ February 19, 2015
Gambler finds a girl in this tiring drama.
February 7, 2015
I want my 2 hours and 15 minutes back.
October 26, 2014
I'm a poker fan so I'm rating this movie for me is it a good movie ehhhh it's not terrible but not great but I enjoyed the movie and I really did like it this was a good affair that doesn't deserve the flack it got
Grade B
½ July 28, 2014
Lucky You is an empty, slack and joyless most of the time just makes me wonder why Eric Bana, Drew Barrymore, Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr would do this film
May 8, 2014
Eric Bana stars as a drunken gambler who falls in love with drew Barrymore. If you need a nap this is a good movie to watch.
March 12, 2014
Pro gambler Huck Cheever (Eric Bana) scrambles to raise the $10,000 entry fee to the poker world's most prestigious contest, even though the tournament may put him against his estranged father (Robert Duvall). Along the way, he meets irresistible Billie Offer (Drew Barrymore) and learns that in order to truly succeed he must first learn to live life the way he plays cards, trusting his heart instead of his head.

also stars Debra Messing, Horatio Sanz, Jean Smart, Phyllis Somerville, Joey Kern and Delaine Yates.

directed by Curtis Hanson.
March 1, 2014
this looks interesting
½ February 11, 2014
It has its poker moments but the whole film is just pointless. It cannot seem to figure out how to make something out of a talented cast.
½ January 6, 2014
Liked Bana but did not get much help in this one. Shows an interesting light on gambling and poker.
November 29, 2013
Drew Barrymore is awful in this;
Eric Bana not much better.
October 30, 2013
Rounders it's not, but it's still a pretty solid poker movie.
September 3, 2013
very nice poker movie despites bad reviews and critics. poker scenes are well showed, actors playing well and appearance of pokerstars.
August 15, 2013
I like Eric Bana so maybe, someday?
½ July 13, 2013
This could have been great if they'd dropped the Drew Barrymore storyline.
May 29, 2013
Lucky You chronicles the everyday life of a professional gambler. Too structured and flawed by its many clichés, Hanson's film shamefully wastes its concept potential by becoming very disappointingly unoriginal. In the end, perhaps the film's biggest stake to claim is the clear way in which it is able to reveal the technicalities, tactics and drama of the game of poker, the lead character's favoured game.