Machine Gun Preacher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machine Gun Preacher Reviews

November 26, 2016
There's a good movie in here but it isn't fully realized.
October 21, 2016
I did enjoy this movie. It's an inspiring story ... p
lus Michelle Monaghan is always great!
August 11, 2016
"Machine Gun Preacher " is one of those films that the acting is very good and the story slows them down for a while. Gerald Butler is back with performances to die for. The movie in a way is very touching, even though is based on true events. Its a film that you either going to like or hate, because simply of the acting. As that being said for this being a good solid film, I give " Machine Gun Preacher " a C.
½ August 6, 2016
Awesome movie!!! sad how these things still occur in today's life
August 5, 2016
Strange Christian propaganda film with a very odd pro-gun message. Not sure why this film was ever made, but it was pretty awful. Michelle Monaghan is hot, but that's about all this movie has to offer.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A fantastic moving film that packs a hard punch in places, An amazing true story, Gerard Butler puts in his best performance to date, Really got me gripped from start to finish, Don't let the title fool you, Ok there were the odd good shootouts and explosions but it's more drama that is a brilliant watch.
½ July 19, 2016
Machine Gun Preacher is based on a true story about a man who saw refuge to help the helpless children of Sudan. After getting out of prison he has a wakening to build a church for the kids. To this day he has been helping them but he left behind his own family to help those kids. If you can't fix your own family you should go off to fix someone else's problems. It had a great cast but the storyline needed a rewrite. It was ok to watch once.
July 8, 2016
It may not be the best film technically, or in terms of the script, but it does make you think beyond your own safe haven, and focus only on the innocence of children, no matter where in the world they are. So it depends on what matters to you I guess.
June 26, 2016
The movie isn't exceptional, but the story is. I was impressed by the accurate portrayal of LRA violence, and readily identified with Childers' frustration with his American homeland that remains wrapped in apathy and cynicism. The story also works as a wholesome Christian message of the consequences of trusting in your own hand over God's: Childers' unbridled obsession was less about the tragic situation in Sudan and more about what he could do under his own power to stop it.
June 6, 2016
Even without a title like Machine Gun Preacher, the movie is boring.
May 29, 2016
what is wrong with the movie critics today this movie is so moving
½ April 3, 2016
Despite some cheesy scenes, and the surplus of cliches, Machine Gun Preach stays afloat through its well told message, some surprisingly brutal violence, and solid acting mainly through the talents of Micheal Shannon and Gerard Butler. It is a satisfying film has no business being as good as it is, some thought-provoking themes really lift this one out of mediocrity.
March 31, 2016
So the people here give The Hateful Eight and average rating of over 7 out of ten and then this film a fail.....You all must live in Tarantino's neighborhood or either your all 10 years old! The Hateful eight is a joke....like this website.
March 20, 2016
This is one of the best movies I've seen in a couple of years. The critics are so wrong that it is mind boggling they can still call themselves critics.

It's obvious why however. They are lit on fire by hell. The boorish critic, is a slave to the God hating oligarchy and would probably lose their jobs if they were to give a thumbs up to a faith based movie.

This is a movie that even shows the horrors of a warlord hated by the left, yet as soon as you inject Jesus into the movie, it must be panned.

There was not a dry eye in my household, first because a man was able to overcome his rough drug running past to become a preacher, second because this man exposed the horrors of the barbaric Kony terrorist cult in the Sudan, and third out of righteous anger he took up arms to defend and free children from slavery.

But to the effete leftist cultural censor, the concept of righteousness is boorish. This reminds me of the words of our greatest president, Teddy Roosevelt, a true man of deeds,

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

I think we know whose camp these critics are in. The poor timid soul who neither knows victory or defeat. That their consciences can be so seared as to not be moved by this film speaks volumes about their moral compass.
½ March 20, 2016
Mist diepgang, actie. had in een uur gekunt
February 27, 2016
Whilst not exactly a train wreck, but a veritable mine field of issues handled in the typical way, the most uncomfortable of which is the way in which religious fervour is depicted.
January 31, 2016
The film itself leaves me with some mixed feelings, as does the man on whom it is based. Gerard Butler always gives a good performance, but the script is uneven and the first half of the film not very engrossing. I also have some very strong reservations about the real Sam Childers' methods--they are in direct opposition to the words of Christ on the subject of answering violence with violence or even defending oneself, but when the lives of children are at stake, and saving those lives not only from death, but also the soul devastation that is the life of a child soldier, I that cannot condemn, even at the cost of my moral compass.
January 30, 2016
Eye opening, tragic story involving the slaughter of innocence.
December 17, 2015
Very good movie, and a very sad reality..
November 28, 2015
a da bese malku pokratok filmov? :)