Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Reviews

½ May 31, 2017
A bit of a flop...this one is less interesting and less funny than the first.
½ May 27, 2017
amusing sequel but without the supporting king julian and penguin characters it'd be the lion king with a dance off and death holes for giraffes.
March 26, 2017
A breathtakingly beautiful movie. I've got to say, Ethan Cohen, Eric Darnell & Tom Mcgrath did a pretty fantastic job writing up this story and displaying it in such an amazing way.
Together, they have done a rare thing, where they made a sequel that is actually better than the first...not just slightly. The depth of emotions you begin to feel for these animals was a great surprise, and I wanted more by the time the film ended. Which is why I can't wait to watch the third sequel.
So in other words, this movie was nice, enjoyable and fun...perfect for a peaceful afternoon.
½ March 13, 2017
3/13/2017: An ok family movie, but not many funny moments.
March 11, 2017
Fun!
A bit generic?
Yeah, but still fun!
February 17, 2017
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is actually a more superior film than its surprisingly commercially successful decent-ish predecessor from back in 2005. The film improves by taking place within large animated environments since at times the fact that the first film mostly takes place on an island made me feel trapped at times. Another way in which the film is better than the first is because the humour is more side-splitting for kids and their parents as well as its animation which is more visually delightful than the first one. It may not be one of the best film DreamWorks Animation has to offer but its far from the worst. A fun outing for the whole family.
½ January 17, 2017
IS MADAGASCAR 2: ESCAPE TO AFRICA ANY GOOD?
Superior sequel finds our heroes fleeing Madagascar and reuniting with Alex's (Ben Stiller) family in Africa, where another lion threatens his family's claim to lead the pride. Meanwhile, Melman (David Schwimmer) struggles to confess his feelings to Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith) and Marty tries to establish his own identity among scores of identical zebras. Loaded with hilarious non-sequiturs and inspired silliness.

IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa is rated PG. A large male hippo flirts with a female hippo; the camera focuses on his large buttocks and he says how he likes large females. There's plenty of slapstick violence.

ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES TO DISCUSS?
We all have talents that can contribute to the good of all.
½ December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
Neither it or its predecessor are to be considered brilliant, but there's no doubt "Escape 2 Africa" is slightly superior.
October 28, 2016
3rd best out of all the 4
½ October 27, 2016
Outdid it's predecessor by a long shot
½ October 16, 2016
haha! The penguins are awesome! oH and so is King Julien!
September 25, 2016
it is a great movie that is worth watching
½ September 15, 2016
By far the best of the 3. Madagascar 2 is funny and heart warming with great references to pop culture though a clever script and fantastic voice acting. Everyone is brilliant but Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer and Sacha Baron Cohen are particularly funny. The soundtrack is great too.
½ August 26, 2016
Just did better than the original
August 25, 2016
Not As Good As The first One
But Still a Very Fun film
½ July 30, 2016
Definitely better than the first - more Julien + more penguins = :) - but still not as good as most Pixar offerings.
July 23, 2016
Amusing cartoon full of jokes & gags.
½ June 28, 2016
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is hilarious and intriguing. This movie is better than the first one. If you didn't like the first one, then I suggest this one. This one was a lot better. I would very much suggest this movie.