Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Reviews

October 17, 2017
Not too bad, I was actually surprised. I was expecting a crappy sequel that would ruin the first but i actually enjoyed this 1.
September 8, 2017
I like to move it move it! Move It!
August 14, 2017
Madagascar 2 is an improvement, albeit a small one. It is must see if you liked the first one.
½ August 10, 2017
While improving on the plot script that wasn't as strong as in the first Madagascar movie, the humor plays well with extremely likable characters through strong sub-plots surrounding the main plot of the movie.
August 8, 2017
A definite improvement, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa delivers a solid storyline and helps develop its roster of beloved zoo animals.
August 6, 2017
A funny animated flick, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is even better than it's predecessor with more consistent humor, and fleshed out characters.
August 4, 2017
It's hard to say if is an improvement or not on the original, but it's certainly a good continuation of the story this time more focused on Alex's origin and life. The animation looks great, the humor is on point of course, and the characters with so much more development. With some great moments is a fun sequel to all ages!

|It's an 7,8 out of 10|
July 5, 2017
Very disappointing, was expecting better, especially considering the fact that this franchise apparently gets better with every movie. I don't love the first one, but I think I like it more than this. I didn't really laugh at all, I found myself bored, and I didn't really care about the story as much.
July 2, 2017
haha! The penguins are awesome! oH and so is King Julien!
½ May 31, 2017
A bit of a flop...this one is less interesting and less funny than the first.
½ May 27, 2017
amusing sequel but without the supporting king julian and penguin characters it'd be the lion king with a dance off and death holes for giraffes.
March 26, 2017
A breathtakingly beautiful movie. I've got to say, Ethan Cohen, Eric Darnell & Tom Mcgrath did a pretty fantastic job writing up this story and displaying it in such an amazing way.
Together, they have done a rare thing, where they made a sequel that is actually better than the first...not just slightly. The depth of emotions you begin to feel for these animals was a great surprise, and I wanted more by the time the film ended. Which is why I can't wait to watch the third sequel.
So in other words, this movie was nice, enjoyable and fun...perfect for a peaceful afternoon.
½ March 13, 2017
3/13/2017: An ok family movie, but not many funny moments.
March 11, 2017
Fun!
A bit generic?
Yeah, but still fun!
February 17, 2017
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is actually a more superior film than its surprisingly commercially successful decent-ish predecessor from back in 2005. The film improves by taking place within large animated environments since at times the fact that the first film mostly takes place on an island made me feel trapped at times. Another way in which the film is better than the first is because the humour is more side-splitting for kids and their parents as well as its animation which is more visually delightful than the first one. It may not be one of the best film DreamWorks Animation has to offer but its far from the worst. A fun outing for the whole family.
½ January 17, 2017
IS MADAGASCAR 2: ESCAPE TO AFRICA ANY GOOD?
Superior sequel finds our heroes fleeing Madagascar and reuniting with Alex's (Ben Stiller) family in Africa, where another lion threatens his family's claim to lead the pride. Meanwhile, Melman (David Schwimmer) struggles to confess his feelings to Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith) and Marty tries to establish his own identity among scores of identical zebras. Loaded with hilarious non-sequiturs and inspired silliness.

IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa is rated PG. A large male hippo flirts with a female hippo; the camera focuses on his large buttocks and he says how he likes large females. There's plenty of slapstick violence.

ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES TO DISCUSS?
We all have talents that can contribute to the good of all.
½ December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
Neither it or its predecessor are to be considered brilliant, but there's no doubt "Escape 2 Africa" is slightly superior.
October 28, 2016
3rd best out of all the 4
½ October 27, 2016
Outdid it's predecessor by a long shot