Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Reviews

½ April 13, 2018
While watching "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" (lovely title), I smiled as I saw it do more of the things I thought it excelled at before, all of which I pointed out in my review of the preceding film, "Madagascar". To briefly recall those things, speedy/hilarious animation and leftfield/oddball jokes. Top that off with a more upbeat attitude when compared to the first film and you have a sequel that is more engaging and fun to watch for the whole family. Another solid entry for Dreamworks.
March 29, 2018
After it made me cry in the beginning, I had a lot of fun watching it. It's like one wild child dream.
March 29, 2018
Greeeeat Movie! A must see! It is funny, touching, inspirational.
March 29, 2018
One of the best animations I've seen for a very long time. Colourful, funny, thought provoking and emotional. Loved it!
March 29, 2018
The animation is beautiful, and the characters are so funny.
It will make you laugh and cry. Should see it with family!
March 29, 2018
I went to see Madagascar 2 over the weekend with my nephew and we both thought it was a riot!! It was such a fun and entertaining movie. I had seen the original and loved it and was totally jazzed to see how good the sequel was. My nephew had never seen the first one but he was totally able to understand and get into this one. I love ALL the characters but my favorites were the hippos, the penguins, the monkeys and that meerkat. The animation is awesome, the plot is fun and comical and it was just a fun movie. I can't wait to either see it again with my other nephew or buy it on DVD and watch it 20 times. It has that kind of appeal...to laugh and dance and enjoy it over and over.
½ March 29, 2018
Until I saw Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, I would have rated Kung Fu Panda as my favourite animated film of the year. I still would rate Kung Fu Panda higher, but this runs it close! The penguins are, as ever, brilliant, and they steal the limelight in every scene they appear in. Marty has some interesting adventures and the scenes between Melman and Gloria are a joy to watch. It's hard to find fault with this film, and I implore anyone who enjoyed the first one to go see this one!

The animation is also very slick, better than the first film and very bright. This is a wonderful film to look at, as well as listen to- the music and sound effects are, like the animation, first class.
March 28, 2018
I generally love animated movies but the first Madagascar did nothing for me. This sequel was absolutely hilarious!! From start to end it will keep you entertained. I feel as though the sequel caters to an older audience as well as the kiddies, which makes it way more enjoyable. The king as well as the penguins just stole the show in my opinion and made the movie a lot more adult friendly. This is definitely one of my favourite movies of '09 so far. The comedy was spot on and story had a lot more heart than the first one. I wont spoil the movie but its definitely a must see and believe me.. the worst part is when the movie ends its that good!!
February 27, 2018
71/100

"Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" resulta en una sustancial mejora a la original, con una historia mas emocional y mas contenida en su humor, pero que sigue siendo muy graciosa de ver, es cierto que si cae en clichés narrativos pero lo hace de forma menos frecuente que su antecesora.
½ February 10, 2018
King Julian Steals The Show, Without This Character, There Is Little To Go On...The Story Is Pretty Much Not Far Off A Re-Hash Of Disney's 'Lion King', Edges Close In Parts To A Direct 'King Of The Pride' Rip-Off. The Lack Of Running Jokes Certainly Gives It A Grinding -Sigh- To An End Factor, But Overall It's Not All That Bad.
½ January 4, 2018
This movie is great, improves on the first in so many ways. It takes side story's and oddly builds on them enough for you to actually care about them till the end, make no mistake that this is a kids movie and you would first have to accept this and throw seriousness out the window. BUT as a family comedy this does a great job on what it is. A FAMILY MOVIE. Good times for years to come.
October 17, 2017
Not too bad, I was actually surprised. I was expecting a crappy sequel that would ruin the first but i actually enjoyed this 1.
September 8, 2017
I like to move it move it! Move It!
August 14, 2017
Madagascar 2 is an improvement, albeit a small one. It is must see if you liked the first one.
½ August 10, 2017
While improving on the plot script that wasn't as strong as in the first Madagascar movie, the humor plays well with extremely likable characters through strong sub-plots surrounding the main plot of the movie.
August 8, 2017
A definite improvement, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa delivers a solid storyline and helps develop its roster of beloved zoo animals.
August 6, 2017
A funny animated flick, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is even better than it's predecessor with more consistent humor, and fleshed out characters.
August 4, 2017
It's hard to say if is an improvement or not on the original, but it's certainly a good continuation of the story this time more focused on Alex's origin and life. The animation looks great, the humor is on point of course, and the characters with so much more development. With some great moments is a fun sequel to all ages!

|It's an 7,8 out of 10|
July 5, 2017
Very disappointing, was expecting better, especially considering the fact that this franchise apparently gets better with every movie. I don't love the first one, but I think I like it more than this. I didn't really laugh at all, I found myself bored, and I didn't really care about the story as much.
July 2, 2017
haha! The penguins are awesome! oH and so is King Julien!