Malibu's Most Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Malibu's Most Wanted Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
Not a horrible movie, but it's definitely a cheesy one. Has some nice laughs here and there, but not enough for the whole way through. Has a plot, cheeky characters, and a tough setting. It's at least watchable.
November 6, 2015
made me laugh "the BU"!
September 11, 2015
Hilarious in parts especially in the first half. Escaped being truly embarrassing quite smoothly.
½ August 22, 2015
Stupid Wigger Comedy
June 28, 2015
A surprisingly funny comedy with more depth than it is given credit for. Jamie Kennedy nails it as B-Rad. (First and only full viewing - 6/14/2015)
January 26, 2015
Pretty funny. Somewhat predictable but pretty funny...
½ January 6, 2015
Quote this movie wen ever it comes to mind. Funny movie
January 6, 2015
I'm a big Jamie Kennedy fan. This movie has some good laughs and moments that really work. I heard in the commentary that the movie process was kinda streamlined and sped up, so I can't help but wonder if the quality dipped. So I have a strange take on this. I think Jamie is great as B-rad. I know Jamie is amazingly talented and I didn't like seeing him look like a chump when he got on stage during the rap battle. It's hard to tell, but during different scenes Jamie and his love interest lady both gained weight. Taye Diggs and his actor counter part stole the show. They were both convincing and hilarious going back and forth between refined actor guys and gang bangers. Jamie Kennedy's funniest moments were when he realized his kidnapping was phony and he started acting courageous. That is when he most shined during this. I was hoping we'd see him show case his skill in a way that makes him look great as a rapper, not like a cheese. This is worth a once over. It gets 4 stars and not 3 because it's JFK! I liked seeing it again.
November 6, 2014
I may be alone in this, but I think this is one of the best comedies of the new century. It manages with a light and pleasant touch to play around with racial humor that is very funny and actually somewhat audacious. Taye Diggs and Anthony Anderson (also Blair Underwood) are the highlights here, it is worth seeing this movie just for them, but the laughs are surprisingly consistent. The dopeyness of the main character may put off some, but this isn't just an Eminem parody; is one of the better race comedies in a long time. At least thats what I think.
½ October 8, 2014
Just watched this - a dvd my friend lent me 11 years ago! Enjoyable and clever premise, with an especially good performance by Jamie Kennedy as B-Rad, the white 'black gangsta wannabe'. A good message for those who felt he could be changed - He ain't no wannabe, he is! "...don't be hatin'!.. " :)
August 14, 2014
funny, but wears itself too thin.
June 17, 2014
Epic classic. Diggs award worthy performance.
June 4, 2014
This movie is painful to watch
May 4, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ March 28, 2014
Any time the title of the movie says "some stupid title" Most wanted, that means it's probably going to be very cheesy. I went against my better judgment, and watched it anyway. It was a: shot myself in the foot, terrible. The only good part was that I watched on TV and didn't rent it. I think that would have been a sad day.
January 26, 2014
just recently watched the documentary on heckling, and wanted to reach out to Jamie. Dude, I thought that movie was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. I quoted so many bits out of that movie in high school, it was so funny. The documentary made a valid point in stating it is much easier to be negative than optimistic. Do you man. I find you hilarious, I'm sure many others do as well. Fuck the haters. PEACE OUT
December 7, 2013
Hilarious. The length eventually causes the movie to suffer, but the idea is ingenious, and executed well by Jamie Kennedy.
November 6, 2013
Stupid but funny at some parts. Wouldn't say it's a bad movie but I wouldn't watch it twice on my own
October 19, 2013
It is an awesome movie. It is so funny. It is one of my favorites.
September 5, 2013
I loved it. The entire movie had me laughing and smiling. Good Job!! :)