Man on Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on Fire Reviews

October 15, 2017
For the heavy doses of style, Man On Fire has a lot of substance. It's a film with heart and about a great central character who Denzel Washington plays out brilliantly alongside his top notch supporting cast. Whatever the situation of it all, this is more a film about a man from a dark place who is fighting between learning to love innocence & hope a hating that which takes it away. Easy to get in to and heaps on the rewarding tension and excitement all the way to the end.
October 10, 2017
One of my all time favorites. When you see the disparity between the "critics" rating and the audience rating, you have to wonder. What exactly is the value of the critic?
September 2, 2017
In the name of Jesus Christ critics stop the low ratings by lying and hating with pride, envy, jealousy, and racism in Jesus Christ name. The movie is five stars hands down.
½ August 22, 2017
Great Acting, Wonderful Plot. One Of Washington and Fanning's Best Performances.
½ August 12, 2017
One of my favorite movies by Denzel Washington. He did a great job at creating the perfect character. All actors in this movie played their role well.
½ August 12, 2017
This is my favorite Denzel Washington movie
July 26, 2017
amazing film , one of the best
½ July 23, 2017
Denzel owns. Period.
½ July 18, 2017
Interesting movie about kidnapped children in Mexico, like Denzel Washington's performance in this one very much, however some of the effects were a little not needed.
July 8, 2017
I've only seen this a couple of times but it always sticks in my mind. Dakota Fanning was quite frankly an otherworldly kind of child talent. Denzel is always impressive. I liked the story but particularly the dynamic between those two.
June 29, 2017
Cute DF
Great DZ (like always)
June 28, 2017
Great cast, horrible plot and average block buster style directing for a summer film.
June 14, 2017
Great Movie. Well worth the watch. The "critics consensus" of 39% based on over the top violence is ridiculous. The movie is about a man on a rampage as shown in the title. If you were weak for violence, you were stupid for starting to watch the movie in the first place. And how over the top he was and the level of vigilante justice is what makes this movie so great. If he was so-so in his resolve, it would have blended into other movies for so so average cliche revenge.
½ May 29, 2017
It is somehow just as bad as the 1987 version, which I hated. The pacing doesn't work, the style is bizarre, and it's very boring. I can't believe so many people actually liked it. (First and only viewing - 5/29/2017)
May 6, 2017
Scott's signature schizophrenic editing gets a bit jarring at times and the the whole thing runs a little too long, but otherwise this is an excellent remake. One with great performances from Denzel and Dakota. The chemistry between them is strong, but develops realistically. And the righteous, revenge story is quite satisfying.
April 16, 2017
Awesome Movie Watch over and over. 10/10
½ April 14, 2017
Over the top action flick that could easily be cut shorter than its 2.5hr run time.
March 19, 2017
I love the over the top violence in this movie. Extremely entertaining, great acting, and really well shot. One of my favorites
March 8, 2017
One of my top five movies. It is a rollercoaster of emotions from gleeful delight in justice being served to heartbreaking sadness in this one man's love for a little girl. I do not understand stand the negativity as it felt possible that one man could accomplish this unlike the overdone dramatics of many revenge movies.
March 1, 2017
Screw the critics, this movie is amazing. Denzel plays a bodyguard who has lost hope in life and is dead inside (because of all the people he's killed as a counter-insurgency spec-ops agent, and most likely the loss of his wife--not explicitly said but hinted at) but after getting to know Peta, the little girl he is protecting, he learns that he can live again. All that is taken away when she is kidnapped. What ensues is a "Man of Fire" takes revenge on those involved and orchestrated it. This is the second half that becomes violent. The violence is 100% justified and makes sense within the plot. The violence is even, I dare say, satisfactory. It boggle my mind that critics thought this movie was "over the top" violent... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??! Most super hero movies today have more violence that makes less sense and is less justified than the violence in this movie. Do yourself a favor and see this movie. It is well written, great choreography, awesome action, and extremely moving; I'd be surprised if you didn't cry. Again, screw the critics, this movie is A+.