Man on Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on Fire Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
The editing and some scenes really drag this movie down.
November 19, 2016
The ending was so sad I cried
October 25, 2016
It's Denzel so you already know it's going to have amazing actions scenes. He's hired on as a body guard and does whatever it takes to protect. Great movie, and great story.
October 10, 2016
Was curious to see what the score would be for Man On Fire... like the audience score, I loved this movie, and reading the critics' reviews makes me wonder if part of Tony Scott taking the high dive was because the Ridley comparisons are a easy, cheap fallback for lazy critics. Denzel Washington is (as always) great as Creasy, a mercenary with a drinking problem who becomes a bodyguard for a child. The reviews ay things along the lines of, "well, the first half was fine, but the second half too violent"... Really ? Not to give away the story, but Creasy does what Creasy has been trained to do and do well. Extra props for Christopher Walken eccentric but concerned ex- merc, and Radha Mitchell as a pampered wife and mother who shows some spine when in crisis. Dakota Fanning is nine(?) , and she is great... very naturally and adorable but also not too cutesy and her scenes with Washington are really, believable (Denzel obviously has kids of his own). I cry at the end of it every time.
October 3, 2016
Awesome movie very sad tho.
September 26, 2016
More like Leon than the bodyguard but this movie is not as captivating as Leon, but more grounded than the bodyguard, it is nonetheless an above average thriller.
September 21, 2016
Rotten tomatoes review on this film shows even more bias on their part towards action films, the cinematography was a little too much at parts, but the story line was great and it was executed well. Had a great soundtrack
September 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this fascinating story and well played role by Denzel Washington. Dakota Fanning was excellent as well. Top notch action and drama in my opinion.
August 6, 2016
Denzel at his best!!! Starts out one way then the story pumps out a thrilling turn. Awesome!!
½ July 16, 2016
Every time I watch this movie, I forget how typically Hollywood it is not, one of the few films that can raise a tear for me. I don't think Washington is one of the best Actors out there, but his monotone voice seemed to work well with this role, a must see!
July 4, 2016
Man on Fire (2004) C-146m. ?? D: Tony Scott. Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken, Dakota Fanning, Mickey Rourke. Annoyingly indulgent action film, set in Mexico city: Bodyguard Washington is hired to protect a young girl from professional kidnappers, but when he fails, he swears violent revenge on all criminals associated to her supposed death. Absorbing first half, canceled out by grisly second. Washington is a great actor, but he's given little here (and making him an alcoholic isn't a terribly original idea either). Also, Scott's indulgence in the editing room (complete with fast cuts, grainy hand-held shots in the middle of scenes for no reason at all), though mostly confined to the second half, become deadening to watch. The opening credits are almost unwatchable.
June 27, 2016
I really enjoy this movie. I watch it on cabl

I really enjoyed this movie. I have re-watched it several times over the years
May 23, 2016
I have no idea why critics hate this movie so much. The first half builds a great story (admittedly it is slow at times) and sets up the last half for non stop, extremely satisfying retribution. One of my favorites.
May 21, 2016
Mr. Washington's multi-layered performance and Mr. Scott's signature kinetic direction make for a thrilling and memorable experience.
½ May 14, 2016
It all seemed a bit too easy. Guy didnt even break a sweat. All the exciting scenes shown as nothing more than flashing blurred snapshots.
April 24, 2016
A solid action film with excellent acting, Washington at his best, good story well told. What did the so called "top critics" want or expect ? Within the genre the film rates top (as indicated by the very high "audience score").
jamrcla
½ April 16, 2016
Another very underrated Tony Scott film staring the much loved Denzel Washington, It Is a film of two halves, The first half is slow in places but the chemistry between Denzel and Dakota was brilliant and watching them build a bond was a very nice touch, Then when the inevitable happened the film got much darker and went very violent as it turns into a revenge movie, The action was good, The plot twists were predictable but apart from that it's brilliantly acted and deserved way more praise from critics.
March 31, 2016
Just can't go wrong with this movie, with Denzel involved ! ??
½ March 13, 2016
The movie has one of Denzel's coolest performances. It does feel somewhat predictable and it isn't the most original premise, but overall I enjoyed this movie. It has plenty of tension filled moments, that while receptive, keep the movie going at a family fast pace. I think the third act could've been executed better but ultimately, it delivers what it promises and the movie is very intense and entertaining.