Marley & Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marley & Me Reviews

June 7, 2016
They only movie to ever make me cry besides the Passion of Christ
May 15, 2016
This was such a well-done, charming little movie! Jennifer Aniston & Owen Wilson were perfectly fit for the roles (especially Owen, who I usually am not a big fan of). They glide through every scene believably. Marley is effing adorable and the movie nails the ups & downs of having a dog, leading up to the uber emotional final 10 minutes at which I buried myself in my seat because I couldn't believe I was crying! It's just a really, really solid movie - funny, sad, good writing, good acting.
May 8, 2016
What used to be the hardest thing to do, came so easily and naturally when dealing with stories. When we always felt that we were in this great story filled with ups and downs, and filed with different people, some dull days and some days that were unique and filled with something that made the same day not the same, we were part of a story that had so much life. When having a family and having that family member always the story of your day in who they are and what they do, you cant help but embrace God's gifts to this world. When having a pet means they are more then a pet but family, that are always right by your side always. When some friends guide you along the way, help you when your suck, or hit o land er, your pet does what he can the best way it knows how to. When times are good and things don't change, we dread when it does, when we have leave a life behind full of memories and stories. But we embrace change when it's a new start to something else dreamed about. And some changes we dread never to face when it involves our family pet. When we faced alot of losses in life but still got right back up, we don't know if we could this time. When we had the greatest inspiration of energy in what a pet can fo, to see them have none. When that same energy we put to raising them made us better, stronger and happier. When we can remember the first time we got them, seen them grow, do so much with their life, we had a pet full of stories to share, a pet whom we would consider not good, but the best dog ever. When the greatest story and decision was getting a dog throughout your story.
April 28, 2016
If you are an animal lover especially of dogs you can relate to this movie. I thought it was realistic and entertaining and yes it left me crying at the end. I thought it was great not to have to listen to unexpected cursing and nudity or sexual scenes yes they were trying to get pregnant but it was kept clean. I appreciate this movie and the movie industry should put out more of these rather than the violence, crime ridden, raunchy sexual , foul mouthed, occult horror, so called "high on the tomato meter piles of crap that are the norm. I say yes to Marley and me!!! And it deserves a much higher rating more like an 80% or higher !
April 2, 2016
Well more not sure what I want, I hear it's a good movie but also that.. well if you've seen you may know why I'm not sure whether to watch.
February 15, 2016
?Marley and Me? is a heartwarming story about the Grogan family and their beloved yellow lab, Marley. The movie focuses on Marley?s life and the Grogan?s growing family and all the trouble Marley causes throughout his life. Even though the idea of ?Marley and Me? is cliche and has been seen before, it will still pull your heartstrings like no other. The movie brings out nearly every emotion to the viewer while watching, and is the kind of movie that you can never see too many times. It seems as if most families can relate to ?Marley and Me?, because it portrays the ups and downs of a dog?s life. This movie is definitely aimed more towards younger kids, but is suitable for the whole family. People of all ages will enjoy ?Marley and Me?, even if they are not a dog person.
Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, playing husband and wife, deliver an amazing, believable and emotional performance. Even the actors and actresses in lesser roles built up the story. And although Wilson and Aniston are usually seen in more comedic roles, a dramatic comedy like this brought out their strong side. The directing of ?Marley and Me? was also done very well. This movie made me, and I?m sure everyone else who has seen it, bawl my eyes out at the ending, thanks to the acting, directing, and of course, the adorable dog. The goal of ?Marley and Me? was to make the audience think about their own pet. Everything in this movie seems to pull together very well; from the acting, music, setting, plot, and ending.
February 9, 2016
i wanna go see this!!!!
½ February 2, 2016
Marley & Me is an endearingly heart-warming comedy drama about a young married couple who welcome a rambunctious and disobedient yellow Labrador puppy into their home to help prepare themselves for what their marriage will be like when they begin the next chapter of their lives: raising children. This charming tale is emotionally intelligent and aptly tugs on a wide range of sentiments and feeling; it is as whimsical and playful as it is genuine and tranquil. The family-friendly humour is warm and comforting even when circumstances are periodically stressful and disheartening; and let's not forget the way the romantic side of the plot remains fairly exciting because Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson brew a budding chemistry the entire way through, marginally strengthening the film's believability.

Idealism is harnessed beautifully by realism here. The segments where John Gorgan (Owen Wilson), a columnist for Harper Collins Publishers, is rapidly firing off the various narratives of his columns and musings, the majority of which feature humorous anecdotes about Marley, is one of the more emotionally provoking parts of the film because it elicits an eclectic range of emotions all at once and concocts supremely touching and hysterical scenes for our viewing pleasure. In many similarly powerful moments, you can really connect to John and Jenny Gorgan as characters while the plot matures. Their feelings and reactions seem real because they're so relatable and honest, and it's nice to see a family drama keep a tight grip on its ability to be emotionally manipulative. We want to release our emotions safely during these type of feel-good films, we don't want to walk away feeling as though we've been battered by the film's sentimental value.

I predict dog and animal lovers everywhere will cherish this experience tenfold.

[B-] -- 70%
½ January 29, 2016
Very boring. Saw almost nothing I liked. Silly dog. Terrible.
November 19, 2015
darn dog made me cry
November 3, 2015
One of the best films i ever watch, left me in tears lol. But puts things into perspective, its realistic. Im dreading the day i have to say bye to my little poodle...????
October 9, 2015
If you don't cry during this movie you are a robot.
½ September 30, 2015
A movie that I had no idea would be so sad near the end. I remember coming out the theater and thinking, well, at least the trailers didn't spoil the ending at least. Before you start crying your eyes out, though, Marley and Me is a good family film with a good cast and a good story. The relationship between Marley and Owen Wilson's character is a special one, and the film has plenty of emotion. Dog lovers will laugh and cry at this movie and it's a really good family film, granted, kind of sad, but still.
September 24, 2015
Great Movie,Sad ending
September 22, 2015
As much as I know that it's corny I just can't help but love this one. Wilson and Anniston are perfect together, it manages to pull of having genuinlly happy, funny and yes even sad moments. Marley & Me is eaisly up there with Parental Guidance and the Game Plan where I just can't help but like it.
½ September 20, 2015
"You seen Marley & Me?" Nah, I haven't you know" "What, how you not seen it?...."Hey Lewis, still not seen Marley & Me?" "What you doing?! Shut the bathroom door man!". Appears people thought I was barking mad having never experience the sentimental (i.e. very predictable) ending of this story about a mischievous dog. I see why mutt lovers would laugh and cry at the doggy style antics but all this happy-go-lucky canine fun is not fur me. Furthermore I was unmoved by all the normal family issues Owen Wilson and Jennifer Anniston were going through. On most occasions I would never have given this a chance but made the decision so I could finally say yes to the question "Have you seen it?". On reflection, it seems I made a paw choice.
September 1, 2015
Just saw this today. It was a great family movie, even with the sad ending. It really is amazing how pets can have a big impact on your life. Go see it if you are a dog lover.
August 31, 2015
A surprisingly good adaptation that doesn't attempt to force the tears out of you, but instead lets them come naturally. Wilson and Aniston both give fantastic performances.
August 23, 2015
Good clean family movie. Has it's funny moments but any dog lover or person with a heart gets it.
August 21, 2015
A sad and emotional film. It's amazing how they can turn something so common, into a pet dying, into something you just want to bawl your eyes out. Half comedy, half sad story, Marley and Me is definitely a well spent hour and a half.