Mars Attacks! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mars Attacks! Reviews

June 20, 2018
This star studded dark comedy is a good film although it often drags and sometimes becomes too heavily burdened by the star power. The premise is simple: Earth is invaded by Martians but unlike what HG Wells envisioned, these sinister aliens have a different agenda. Looking at other reviews it is not easily to classify this film as good or bad- some love it others cannot stand it and then some consider it a guilty pleasure. See and decide yourself. (A movie that divided opinions).
June 10, 2018
sci-fi fantasy movie to not watch when sober
½ June 1, 2018
Stupid, but funny. The cast makes the movie worth watching.
February 12, 2018
Tons of A-list actors star in this great parody of the '50s sci-fi movies mixed with the tinges of the "refugee" crisis plagueing Europe. The best part is that the donkey witch, SJP, gets her head cut off and put on a chihuahua's body.
February 10, 2018
$100 million that could've been spent curing cancer instead gave me cancer from watching this awful, sadistic movie. There were too many short stories to keep track of, jokes that frequently fell flat, and a conclusion that fails to tie it all together to make this black comedy ultimately work. At the very LEAST have the martian invasion be explained away by a simple miscommunication of the translator, and then the survivors could share a laugh and drink cheap champagne with the martians with piles of skeleton bones strewn across the screen. But no, there's no funny explanation, no explanation at all. It's just a garbage flick.

At least Tom Jones survived the invasion.
January 4, 2018
This could have been great but it's not.
½ January 3, 2018
An incredibly silly and very funny homage to 50's sci-fi horror. Admittedly a lot of the parts do fall flat, and there is zero story. Luckily Jack Nicholson, Michael J. Fox, and Sylvia Sidney bring their A game. By far the best part of the film are the Martians. The way they talk always cracked me up, I loved their facial expressions and it never got old watching how they found new ways to fuck with and mock the President of the U.S. (Jack Nicholson), Admittedly, Mars Attacks isn't a great film, it's not even all that good. It's very sloppy and hectic, and it jumps around around between it's overstuffed cast list. However, it's very entertaining and funny enough for me to give it a small thumbs up and a recommendation.
November 30, 2017
Dumb alien invasion movie.
October 18, 2017
Left the movie after about the fifth cow got burned alive. I didn't get it. Lots of good stars, sure had promise, but didn't deliver. Probably the worst movie I've ever endured.
½ September 23, 2017
If you were born in the 60s or earlier, and are a fan of bad SciFi from that era, this is for you. Some big names are in this film, and they are willing to poke fun at themselves. We have Glenn close, Natalie Portman, Jack Nicholson and many more.
September 22, 2017
Cheesy and ridiculous, Tim Burton's "Mars Attacks!" proves itself as an at least mildly entertaining alien spoof, and has enough laughs and pure stupidity to warrant a "bad movie night".
September 17, 2017
Guilty Pleasure. It has the look and spirit of those campy fun 40's-50's films while also being a loving tribute to the great Ray Harryhausen.
½ September 10, 2017
This movie was said to be a classic, but, upon watching, I found that I was watching a mess of people, cameos, and stars frolic around a screen and run screaming. I give this movie only half a star, for, without the stupid comedy, this movie could be a pretty good "Alien Attack" movie. I've seen good Tim Burton movies, and this isn't one of them.
½ September 9, 2017
This was a fun movie to go back and watch. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. The aliens used to scare me as a kid. I enjoyed the huge cast and Jack Nicholson playing two roles. This movie is prob gonna be cult classic if it isn't already considered one.
August 24, 2017
An amazing cast of actors came together to have a bit of fun with a parody of sci-fi B movies, and the result is a hilariously silly film.
August 14, 2017
really slow and just not funny. i chuckled a few times the entire movie. this should be something i like. tim burton is garbo (about 3 viewings)
½ August 12, 2017
Tim Burton got critical acclaim with Ed Wood and thought, "I can direct anything I want, now". The result is this disaster. The creatures are stupid looking and awful to look at. The characters are a bank roll and don't do anything except to make it appear as if they're a great ensemble.
This movie has all the boring weight of an Independence Day without a real plot. And because it acts like it's a satire on 50s camp sci-movies, it feels like it can get away with this, only satire still has to be grounded in a central idea or theme, which this movie lacks. I spent way much more time writing about this film than I should have.
August 9, 2017
ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK
July 25, 2017
MARS ATTACKS! is proof of how difficult it can be for Hollywood to make entertainment out of cheesy alien invasion movies like these, and the visually artistic aspects of giving the aliens sadistic personalities of murderous bullies and making their abuse towards humans colorfully creative like mixing a girl's head with a dog's body can be fun to watch but they don't help too much when you suddenly realize the movie is still garbage without a sophisticated script, just very colorful garbage.