Max Payne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Max Payne Reviews

February 24, 2017
A decent cast, some okay action and a couple of neat visuals are not enough to overcome a bland plot, shallow characters, poor script and a film as a whole that passes by with barely an impression. Just another video game movie adaption that fails on practically every level which is a shame since the games have a lot more to offer.
February 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
Policial tenta descobrir quem matou sua esposa e fica obcecado, sendo que ele acaba descobrindo que militares tomavam drogas para ter super poderes, e ao chegar bem prximo de descobrir quem estava envolvido descobre que seu amigo acabou matando sua esposa em razo de ela ter questionado o uso desta drogas nos militares....
January 24, 2017
It could be an okay film if:
1, It wouldn't get hyped up as a Max Payne movie adaptation
2. Nothing supernatural
3. Better main villain
December 19, 2016
Different expectations from the original game. The plot almost the same, but are added pieces that do not count for anything. Revenge seems fanciful in which you lose the true interpretation of the usual bad boy Mark Wahlberg
½ November 29, 2016
There is nothing here that does the video game justice! What the hell were they thinking!? Mila Kunis was not Mona Sax! All she did for most of the film was stand around with a vacuous expression on her face! Not even her beauty was enough to give a poor performance! Marky Mark was not a convincing Max Payne either!
C'mon, if you going through the effort to make a dark noire type of
action film, don't you think you would try and add the right atmosphere and substance in order to make us care about what happens in this story, or, lack there of!? My number one worst film of 2008! That's another ten bucks I will never get back!°~,¡°~,¡
October 22, 2016
A movie that just didn't catch my attention at all maybe if I would of had another glass of whiskey I would've actually been more entertained ???? the story was just boring af BUT mark looked stunningly handsome as always ?? great cast ????
½ October 12, 2016
It's a glass of whiskey with flashes of brilliance, but it's been watered-down by what I have a hunch is studio meddling. This is a prime example of the makers not quite understanding the property they purchased.

That being said, I can't deny that the action was tremendous, and Mark Wahlberg appears to be trying.
September 1, 2016
This was oddly a very boring movie that had the majority of its action in the last 30mins of the movie.
Mark Wahlberg was very lame in this movie and so was Beau Bridges.
Mila Kunis seems to be catching my eye a lot more recently.
And what the hell, I thought Chris O'Donnell was dead, what's he doing in this movie?
Story was very weak and like most video game based movies it doesn't use the story properly.
½ August 20, 2016
Didnt understand what was going on
½ August 9, 2016
The formula was there. Base the game solidly on the movie, not the silly piece of garbage it ended up.
August 9, 2016
This Movie Should Have Had Been Rated R Insted Of PG-13.
½ July 31, 2016
Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the video games, but I hate the supernatural elements to the film, it doesn't add to the plot.
It could of been a cool action packed thriller similar to Mel Gibson's Payback but we ended up with this shit.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Not a bad film it did sort of use the same storyline as the game, But the first hour of the film was hard to follow at times, Not enough action for me, But end of the day an ok film based on an ok game, Can't ask for much more than that.
July 22, 2016
It's really not very good, but I can't deny that the visuals and the surprisingly stylish direction from John Moore didn't keep me interested.
½ July 8, 2016
Not nearly as bad as the reviews...Beau Bridges is terrible (or his script is) but Wahlberg and the epic Mila Kunis are entertaining...isn't that why we go to movies?
½ July 5, 2016
Could have been better and closer to the game but at least I got to see a movie version of one of my favorite game series.
May 26, 2016
I actually thought this was pretty good, but it's yet another movie built mostly upon visuals rather then story and characters, and so there's only so good it can be, and overall it's easily forgotten. The plot is practically non-existant, and there's some plot holes at the end.. like where the 25+ security people armed with automatic weapons came from. But who cares.. without them there'd be no gunfights right? And what wonderful gunfights they are. Several post processing tricks I've not seen used before make the fighting insanely intense, and super slow motion sequences (a nod to the video games) are always a big plus. Plus the way they work in the hallucinations are great. But those don't come until close to the end.. and the rest is boring enough I actually started this movie 3 weeks ago but didn't bother to finish it until now.
April 27, 2016
(May contain spoilers) Poorly adapted as well as poorly cast.The first complaint is the adaptation. I hate to say it, but this would have faired better at around the 2 to 3 hour mark to tell this Noir story. In the game the valkyr junkies are sent to Max Paynes home to test the effects of the drug on some junkies. They were expierimenting with the it in an urban setting. This is found out in Part three of the game a bit closer to heaven. Furthermore Ludacris playing Jim Bravura in my eyes was Hollywood at p.c peak performance. Jim Bravura is one Fat and pasty, two only appears in newcasts throughout the game, and finally catches up to Payne at the end right after he destroys Nicole Hornes Helicopter. Furthermore the scene where max is drugged is basically thrown in for flair as originally it is Mona Sax that drugs Max first after they meet pursuing Jack Lupino (a henchman of Punchinello).Then a second time when Nicole Horne and her commandos catch up with Max at the Punchinello manner. It would have been nice to see the actual Gogniti chase,or the blood trail sequence nightmare Max has in the valkyr induced state. All this is the tip of the iceberg for myself, just a sloppy rushed adaptation all flair it completley trashed the substance the games story had;just a bunch of themes smashed together. Now in short is the second problem. It was the casting of Wahlberg as well he just doesent fit the role , and if im correct he is from Massachusetts and Max from Ny im not sure if that was joke or somethingl,but meh avoid this hot trash.
April 3, 2016
Boring action detective movie full of super slow mo's dodging bullets, shooting , diving, just like the video game actually. Glad they made sure of giving everyone of his arsenal some screentime. There's mr. Shotgun, Mr. machine gun, and good old reliable mr. Pistol. My favorite was Mr. Sountrack and Natasha ,, what a gorgeous babe