Michael Jackson - Moonwalker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Michael Jackson - Moonwalker Reviews

October 8, 2017
This movie is bring Imagination film version of Fantasmic! with Mickey Mouse and Michael Jackson. its you are fan of Michael Jackson talk about the songs and movies? check this movie out, or you could tell your kids all about him and let them watch the movies, music videos, and songs too
July 20, 2017
this film didn't live up to it's title for those who expect to see how
Michael Jackson got the moonwalk from I strongly suggest to lower
their expectations to say the first two acts of it's 1 hr 45 min runtime
is nothing more then an extended television commercial for his compilation
CD just pure waste of it's $22 million budget such a mess with poor Fx values
for the first 2 acts so you might has well skip to the 45 min mark even by then you wouldn't care for the movie some may enjoyed it but I did not if I want to see actual moonwalking I rather watch stock footage of Neil Armstrong doing it
so I am rating this an 3 out of 10 .

frankie croft smales

(centrevez)
July 11, 2017
This not really a movie. It takes roughly 40 minutes before the story starts and that's after a self indulgent collage of clips with glitter thrown up over them. The whole rabbit sequence is crazy and weird but not in a good way. It feels like an 8 year old wrote it, but as it says story by Michael Jackson then that may be the case.
It's worth watching for the opening Man in the Mirror performance and the complete Smooth Criminal sequence proving that as a performer he was second to none.
½ July 7, 2017
Fun and entertaining if you take it on its own bizarre, imaginative and nebulously allegorical terms. Great effects, great music, great dancing - Just ignore anything resembling an actual story and you'll have a good time.
April 25, 2017
It's the best movie ever! That's all I wanna say!! ?
April 19, 2017
This is a very fun film. It is filled with dazzling special effects, outstanding music and choreography, fantastic set designs, underrated musical score, and a fun adventure for the whole family. Michael has a very good performance in the film (or series of short films rather), delivering genuine emotion, particularly towards the end of the film. The film is targeted for children and Jackson's fans, so I think that it is safe to say this film is not for everyone. My only complaint with the film is that it can feel disjointed at times and it has a mediocre script. But that is not to say that this isn't a delightful film about friendship, loyalty, and magic.
December 28, 2016
I wanna see Smooth Criminal.
November 9, 2016
You would think that a movie with Michael Jackson a pop icon, would be taken with extra care but nope. This movie feels more like a glorified commercial. If you don't believe me, they spend 20 whole minutes in the film proclaiming how Michael Jackson is famous. WE GET IT, MICHAEL JACKSON IS AWESOME! PLEASE SHUT UP! The movie does have some really cool moments like the Smooth Criminal segment, and Man in the Mirror at the opening of the film. I know that some people are going to ask "What about Speed Demon"? In my opinion, I liked the song itself, but the music video that goes with it kind of sucks. The video for Speed Demon is filled with creepy stop motion and for some reason a bunny. I'm not kidding you, a bunny. Another segment that has both a good music video and good song is called "Leave Me Alone". Are you serious? You just spent 20 minutes of the film declaring how fameous you are and the very next segment that you play in this film is called Leave Me Alone? I guess he wrote the song because of all of the newspaper tabeloits written about him at the time. And the last segment in the film that I absolutely hate is the remake of BAD. Yeah because one of his famous music videos needs to totally be remade. But this time it's remade with little kids. That's like adding Ghosts in "Stranger in Moscow". Overall the movie is awful with some cool moments. If you want to watch some of the cool segments in this film, then watch it on youtube. Don't purchase this film!
November 3, 2016
forever MJ! ????
April 1, 2016
Is it all over the place? Yes. Does it make sense? Not really. But, it's MJ! I loved this ever since I was young! Recommended for moonwalkers only.
½ January 8, 2016
This movie is more for people who are fans or people who had no clue who he was.
December 24, 2015
Try not to look at this as a movie. Instead, try to look at it as a series of music videos. As a movie it is worthy of maybe 2 stars. As a series of music videos, it is easily worthy of 5 stars.
½ September 25, 2015
I love the Smooth Criminal music video scene in this movie. However, some scenes are just so strange and bizarre I really am not sure what to make of it.
August 12, 2015
A film one of a kind ! and I love it !
August 11, 2015
I got to say this is a must see movie.The most creative and actually has a purpose smh lol.Michael Jackson is a vitamin.You know what they say a Michael Jackson a day keeps the doctor away! :)
June 29, 2015
So damn 80s!! But still so rad. lol. makes me feel like a kid again when I watch it.
August 1, 2014
Epic... despite not making any sense.
½ July 31, 2014
This Was Awe-Inspiring To Me As A Kid. It's Really The First Feature-Length Music Video. Very Impressive Mix Of Music, Dancing & A Little Bit Of Lame 80s Acting.
½ July 26, 2014
An strange and wonderful insight into the mind of a musical genius.
June 8, 2014
i really love to watch michael jackson stuff