Michael Jackson - Moonwalker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Michael Jackson - Moonwalker Reviews

December 28, 2016
I wanna see Smooth Criminal.
November 9, 2016
You would think that a movie with Michael Jackson a pop icon, would be taken with extra care but nope. This movie feels more like a glorified commercial. If you don't believe me, they spend 20 whole minutes in the film proclaiming how Michael Jackson is famous. WE GET IT, MICHAEL JACKSON IS AWESOME! PLEASE SHUT UP! The movie does have some really cool moments like the Smooth Criminal segment, and Man in the Mirror at the opening of the film. I know that some people are going to ask "What about Speed Demon"? In my opinion, I liked the song itself, but the music video that goes with it kind of sucks. The video for Speed Demon is filled with creepy stop motion and for some reason a bunny. I'm not kidding you, a bunny. Another segment that has both a good music video and good song is called "Leave Me Alone". Are you serious? You just spent 20 minutes of the film declaring how fameous you are and the very next segment that you play in this film is called Leave Me Alone? I guess he wrote the song because of all of the newspaper tabeloits written about him at the time. And the last segment in the film that I absolutely hate is the remake of BAD. Yeah because one of his famous music videos needs to totally be remade. But this time it's remade with little kids. That's like adding Ghosts in "Stranger in Moscow". Overall the movie is awful with some cool moments. If you want to watch some of the cool segments in this film, then watch it on youtube. Don't purchase this film!
November 3, 2016
forever MJ! ????
April 1, 2016
Is it all over the place? Yes. Does it make sense? Not really. But, it's MJ! I loved this ever since I was young! Recommended for moonwalkers only.
½ January 8, 2016
This movie is more for people who are fans or people who had no clue who he was.
December 24, 2015
Try not to look at this as a movie. Instead, try to look at it as a series of music videos. As a movie it is worthy of maybe 2 stars. As a series of music videos, it is easily worthy of 5 stars.
½ September 25, 2015
I love the Smooth Criminal music video scene in this movie. However, some scenes are just so strange and bizarre I really am not sure what to make of it.
August 12, 2015
A film one of a kind ! and I love it !
August 11, 2015
I got to say this is a must see movie.The most creative and actually has a purpose smh lol.Michael Jackson is a vitamin.You know what they say a Michael Jackson a day keeps the doctor away! :)
June 29, 2015
So damn 80s!! But still so rad. lol. makes me feel like a kid again when I watch it.
August 1, 2014
Epic... despite not making any sense.
½ July 31, 2014
This Was Awe-Inspiring To Me As A Kid. It's Really The First Feature-Length Music Video. Very Impressive Mix Of Music, Dancing & A Little Bit Of Lame 80s Acting.
½ July 26, 2014
An strange and wonderful insight into the mind of a musical genius.
June 8, 2014
i really love to watch michael jackson stuff
½ June 1, 2014
Now,when I was a kid I remember watching this several times and never actually thought of it as a movie.I was right.This is not a movie by any means,it is more like a collection of live footage music videos and fantasy clips from Michael Jackson's mind.watching it now,26 years later,it really makes you see how the King of Pop was ahead of his time,by creating a time capsule that won't let his legacy die for years to come.
May 28, 2014
The first thing you gotta do when talking about Moonwalker is accept the fact that there's no story, it's just a compilation of short films, concert footage, and music videos all starring Michael Jackson. Once you get there it's easy to realize that this is a pretty cool movie, but also kind of a mixed bag. The film starts with some good old fashioned concert footage, then goes into a short based around Michael's career, which is neat, but isn't anything we haven't seen before in greater detail. After that we go into another short starring a group of kids remaking the Bad music video, nothing special, but it's fun to see them act out the famous sequences. Once we get through those two segments is where the movie really gets going. We have one where Michael is being chased by a legion of crazy fans, created in claymation by the excellent Will Vinton, through a movie studio, and ending with him dancing with a stop motion rabbit version of himself. It's some strange, quirky insanity that really makes Moonwalker what it is. The madness continues into another video about Michael's tabloids that's filled to the brim with monty python like animations and odd visuals. This is my personal favorite part and seems right in places with the likes of Thriller and Bad's famous videos. Now there's the final part, the most famous, detailing the story of Michael's bouts with a drug dealer in an attempt to save some kids. This has some great moments, like the amazingly awesome Smooth Criminal video and Robo-Jackson, and the rest, while not up to the level of those mentioned scenes, are still pretty decent. The picture then ends with some more concert footage that closes the plot of the last short. Overall Moonwalker has some good and has some, well, not so good, but the lesser's bearable and the good is definitely worth a watch, especially if you're a big fan of Michael Jackson.
April 7, 2014
It's one of those films that yes, you know that it's stupid, you know that it's indulgent, but at one point it was the most anticipated thing on the planet. and i still love it.
½ March 14, 2014
Seems unsure of what it was supposed to be. At the center of the pic is the "Smooth Criminal" segment, a musical/dramatic piece full of dancing, schmaltzy kids, sci-fi effects and blazing machine guns [directed by Colin Chilvers, based on a story by Jackson]. Around it are really just numerous Jackson music videos with little or no linkage. Although quite enjoyable the whole affair does not make for a structured or professional movie.
January 24, 2014
It's a bit cheesy now as an adult, but I loved this movie as a kid. Still very enjoyable.
January 19, 2014
I really like it, its not like a documentary its more like a movie.