Miss Potter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miss Potter Reviews

½ May 1, 2017
The best bit about this film is that it's only 1.5hrs long.
But it didn't feel that way watching it.
Utter fabricated garbage.
½ February 23, 2017
Charming and poignant film bio of the early young adulthood of the famous author and artist. Thank you, Miss Potter, for saving the beauty of the Lake District for us all!
January 4, 2017
I just finished watching this movie on one of the movie channels on TV. I saw it in 2007 with my dad, and it is one of my favorite movies. It's a delightful (a word I rarely use to describe anything) and charming film about Beatrix Potter, the author of The Tales of Peter Rabbit in early 20th century England. It will pull on your emotions in many ways. By the end of the movie, one just feels good about having seen it. If you've not seen this film, then rent it or stream it in whatever method you use. You'll be glad you did! :D
½ November 7, 2016
Yolanda Vargas Dulché versión Inglaterra.
September 8, 2016
Wonderful movie. Well acted. Clever. Well written. I really fell in love with the film and story. Great acting.
March 19, 2016
Just watched again,tears were never far away,just so moving.
December 31, 2015
It really is charming. I have found myself rewatching this lovely story.
December 1, 2015
beautiful movie it makes me feel so warm
September 19, 2015
Nice tepid biopic that's well acted......somewhat entertaining.
½ August 22, 2015
I wish to live in the Lake District.
July 14, 2015
Decent biopic.

The story of Beatrix Potter, from when her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, was published, onwards. While examining her literary and artistic works the movie also concentrates on her personal and romantic life.

The literary side is interesting, especially due to Potter's status as one of the biggest-selling children's authors of all time. However, the romantic side seems fairly unengaging.

The claustrophobic mores and traditions that stifled women in society at that time are touched upon, as are Potter's attempts to escape from them. However, this is done more in passing than with any depth, and creates an irritating stuffiness to the movie.

Performances are OK, but nothing more.
April 18, 2015
have tissues ready...
March 18, 2015
A beautifully-portrayed biopic filled with wonderful performances and gorgeous landscapes. Miss Potter is a surprisingly charming and sweet film about the life of Beatrix Potter.
March 5, 2015
Slow cute and sad sums it up for me
½ February 25, 2015
I really, really enjoyed this film. Fascinating story-telling about the world's best selling children's book writer of all time. A beautifully shot film with a classical feel. The brief glimpses of Potter's work coming to life is inspired and so effective.
January 29, 2015
The film pulls a lot of its punches but it does what it does more than adequately. Full review later.
½ December 24, 2014
Delightful ... or cloying, depending on your mood. But watching this on Christmas Eve made us smile and giggle like Peter Rabbit.
½ November 14, 2014
There's something delicious about writing those first words of the story... Wha a lovely story.
November 12, 2014