Mission: Impossible - Fallout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible - Fallout Reviews

December 10, 2018
Now don't get me wrong this is a very good action film, it just has a few issues I will go on to.
As I'm sure you all know the Mission Impossible franchise (this is the sixth entry) follows the antics of the IMF, a sort of private intelligence organization, which to the intelligence community seems like the EU army to NATO, using a Donald Trump like analogy. (The film interestingly stars Trump adversary Alec Baldwin).
The film has great stunt work some of which are noticeably performed by star Tom Cruise himself. One particularly painful stunt landed Cruise with an injury that halted filming for a while. The stunt makes the final cut. The pain is there to see!
However the action sequences have been seen before in other films, most noticeably the James Bond franchise.
I lost count of the number of times I said to my wife who was also watching. I've seen this before in such and such or wait for the scuba divers to rescue the guy locked in a security vehicle which has been rammed into a river!
I am trying not to make my liking of the Bond films effect my review but it is difficult at times!
The story is a little complicated but the action keeps your attention span and director Christopher McQuarrie paces the film well. The film has a two and a half hour run time which passes very quickly.
Spy film aficionados will also take note of the casting of Henry Cavill as CIA agent August Walker. Cavill was cast in spy film The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in 2015.
Director Christopher McQuarrie directed the last Mission: Impossible entry 'Rogue Nation' back in 2015 so comes with experience.
Talking of experience the crew are veterans or the next generation of Bond film veterans (here he goes again!).
I thoroughly enjoyed the film despite my picky protestations above.
December 9, 2018
I've enjoyed the Mission: Impossible franchise since it's beginning, and if this film was the grand finale I would be happy. Thoroughly enjoyable base action, written to be enjoyed beginning to end.
December 9, 2018
Although it does not bring anything we have not already seen Mission: impossible-Fallout brings a simple story in its beginning that causes the viewer to be surprised with the plot twists that are revealing as the film unfolds, ,action scenes who are cool to see thus bringing the tradition of the films of the saga, in the end the movie is fun to watch and at the same time leaves those who watch tense by the several scenes in which almost everything goes by water down
December 9, 2018
The best movie on the series in my opinion.
Loved it so much.
The characters were well build, the plot was very interesting, unexpected and moving, and the twists were great.
I think this is one of the best action films in the past few years.
December 8, 2018
Did not meet my expectations at all. Cannot believe scores as high as they are. Dialogue, suspense, just seemed forced and ridiculous. Appreciate Coen Bros movies, Homeland, Ray Donovan, etc. even more. Ridiculous on every level.
½ December 8, 2018
One of the best action movies by far this year!
December 8, 2018
Same old thing. I was bored!
½ December 8, 2018
Did not enjoy, too long, cliched and boring.
December 8, 2018
Best action movie this year. Tom Cruise is always awesome at his roles. From Edge of Tomorrow, the mission impossible franchise and so on... Tom Cruise might be my best actor of all time. But with that said, this movie had everyone as STARS. Henry Canvil and the gang made this movie AMAZING. And that is all what moviegoers are about. A GOOD MOVIE. FIVE STARS
December 8, 2018
One of the best action films of the year, and I think the best "Mission: Impossible" picture in the franchise. Tom Cruise has aged a bit, but still likes to show off his ability to do the stunts. Henry Cavill makes a good addition this time around. The action sequences are fast and furious, making very few lulls. It is a bit longer than in needs to be, however. The ticking time bomb near the end is set at 15 minutes, yet it takes about a half hour for that to be reached! Still a great piece of blockbuster entertainment.
½ December 8, 2018
was an amazing non stop action movie, i guess it was my fault that i was actually expecting a story.
December 7, 2018
Wow! Best film of the year!
December 7, 2018
Director/writer Christopher McQuarrie helms this big Hollywood effort like a pro-boxer in his prime on the attack, and he's not pulling any punches. In a world of big CGI superhero productions he presents a response that effectively embraces old-school actioners, and everyone onscreen gets their shot in the ring. From the streets of Paris to the mountains of Kashmir we get crash, boom, bang, movie style thrills, bigger-than-life...and yet, somehow w/o a connection to it. That's the only drawback. This is a rollicking big fun movie.
½ December 7, 2018
I saw this because I ran into Simon Pegg in the Capitol and he said he was there for the premiere of the movie. It was well made and had a compelling story despite some of the CGI.
½ December 7, 2018
Enjoyable and ridiculous as allways.
½ December 6, 2018
Not that great. It was average, typical mission impossible. Plot was predictable. It seemed disjointed and put together in parts.
December 6, 2018
I loved this movie It was amazing, once I saw the trailer I knew it would be good
½ December 6, 2018
This movie was one of the finest action movies I have ever seen. It's that simple. Being a fan of action films such as the Bourne series, the Bond series, and especially the mission series, this film holds up as one of the best.

Tom Cruise is simply on another level with work ethic that you do not see anymore. He learned to fly a freaking helicopter for a chase sequence, he jumped out of a plane at 25000 feet, and also broke his ankle performing a jump. He is nuts!

The film if you follow the series picks up as a continuation of the 5th film as most of the characters return with the exception of Renner.

The plot was deep felt no matter how silly some of the sequences got. We really see some tight relationships on the screen that does had some heart to the film. The film never ever let up, and had sequences that rank up there with the dubai scene.

I also want to say Henry Cavill exceeded expectations here. He was fantastic and very believable. He also kicked major tail.

This movie is the ULTIMATE popcorn fun with an edge to it. Its what Michael Bay wishes he could be.
At the end of the day Cruise is what ties the film together. His bold presence, his stunt work and dedication to the role puts the bow on the box.

A near perfect action film that could be one of the genres best in some time.
½ December 6, 2018
Insane set pieces, great action, good comedy that's not over done and we see Tom Cruise break his ankle, basically everything you want from an action film
December 6, 2018
Aweful movie. I am blown away by the ratings for this and am skeptical the votes are being coerced . I didn't mind the other installments of MI, but this one was contrived crap, that took anything remotely believable and threw it out the window to try and help Tom Cruise continue his one dimensional action heroism well into his 50's. The only thing more painful than watching this was watching Toms heavily Botoxed face try and show emotion.