Money for Nothing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Money for Nothing Reviews

½ April 8, 2015
I enjoyed Coyle's adventures in the underrated little comedy.
August 11, 2014
(First and only viewing - 10/13/2008)
½ February 21, 2013
Cusack is one of my favorite actors. This film is worth watching for him alone, but is not great despite a fine cast.
January 11, 2013
1/11/2013: Not great, but not bad. Pretty good cast, so coulda shoulda been better.
½ July 24, 2012
Based on a true story that actually happened in South Philly, my home town, & not to far from me. This guy, the real Joey Coyle, passed away a few years ago. Seriously, although he was in it for himself, & although he wasn't to bright, ...he did go to the mob to launder the money, it's not like he didn't spread the money around a little & that got him the hero worship for being a Robin Hood-like character.

This movie also shows us something that perhaps we don't want to admit to, but it is real and it is within us. Tho there are many ppl who wouldn't admit it & who would even take offense to the notion... that many of us would do EXACTLY as he did & that's a fact!!
September 27, 2011
John Cusak is always funny, and this wasn't a "bad" movie, but by no means one of his best.
½ September 10, 2011
I really wanted to like it more since it is a John Cusack film, but it was kinda boring and not the "comedy" it claimed to be. I was disappointed.
July 3, 2011
I'll save you two hours, the only truly funny moment is when Cusack puts on a pair of pantyhose in the airport restroom and attempts to stuff $600,000 down them to get it on the plane to the Bahamas to escape the country with it after he's told his carry on is too large. His blond dye job pompadour was pretty amusing as well. Otherwise it was fun to see Benicio Del Toro and James Gandolfini in their early acting days.
April 23, 2011
Frustrating, but a pretty good Cusack caper. Note to Joey - just do the right thing!
½ January 20, 2011
It's an entertaining film. Cusack does a great job and elevates a fairly standard film while his character does a terrible job of successfully stealing 1.2 million. He makes a lot of bad, stupid decisions, which is frustrating, but I guess that's how it went.
February 10, 2010
I really enjoyed this older John Cusack movie. It had a very predictable store line, but was still very entertaining seeing young John Cusack and many other actors and actresses in some of there earlier roles. Love Benicio Del Toro he played a great role.
½ February 6, 2010
Based on a true story. Great cast but other than that, nothing special.
½ September 12, 2009
Really interesting movie. Decent story based on a true life incident, John Cusack is great and shows how good an actor he can be (he hasn't done anything decent for ages), the cast is brilliant (many of the minor roles are taken up by very famous actors now), the script is good and although the end product is not completely original, it's definitely worth watching.
April 22, 2009
John Cusack is still amazing. Not perfect. But john Cusack rocks.
½ March 10, 2009
The secondary characters are what make this movie interesting. I prefer my thinking errors to involve magic, however.
February 17, 2009
I enjoyed the movie about something we wish happens to us all. The film did not really dive into anything deep it was mainly light hearted and although it was rated R it was just because of one sex scene. It could have definitely been pg or pg 13 if they had cut out that one scene. The storyline of Joey Coyle was cool and although you might not like how stupid he acts, its still something different. With all the heists movies this real one shows how some people are not greedy and they actually feel it necessary to return the money. Also the film has a great cast, including Phillip Seymour Hoffman which I did not really notice at first he looks alot different. Benicio Del Toro, Michael Madsen, Michael Rapaport, James Gandolfini.
shesdownbytheriver
December 22, 2008
No thankyou - Not interested.
½ December 19, 2008
Check this movie out!
November 23, 2008
VERY INTERESTING MOVIE..REAL WHAT IF...