Moonlight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moonlight Reviews

November 13, 2018
If this half ass movie can win best picture than I don't know what will in the future. Anyway the only good thing about this movie other than mahershala Ali's performance was the first act, the score was beautiful and the acting was excellent but it was really boring with a weak story. So in other words it sucked.
November 13, 2018
The movie that did what Boyhood couldn't with great acting and imagery.
½ November 12, 2018
I can see why Hollywood loves it. But I found it boring, slow and unmoving.
November 4, 2018
"Moonlight" é um filme bem produzido, emocionante e poderoso. É impossível os mais sensíveis não soltarem algumas lágrimas...
November 1, 2018
A vitally important film that offers a powerful depiction of sexuality, masculinity, race and identity. Not only does Moonlight tackle tropes and notions rarely addressed by mainstream filmmakers but it exists also as a landmark in bringing new topics to broader audiences. With rare sensitivity, strong dialogue and beautiful cinematography this film earns the hype and icon status it has already received.
October 25, 2018
Movie made me sad :( I felt like this story was written for me and from me. happy to find this movie on boxxy software on my audio language
½ October 24, 2018
This is a great butt-butt man-kiss movie
October 22, 2018
Moonlight is the tale of a urban youth and his life in 3 stages. Childhood, Adolescence, and Adulthood. Even though this is a detailed look of life in an urban upbringing there really isn't much too the story. After it ends you are sort of left wondering to yourself.. that's it? Good acting, good stories, anticlimactic.
½ October 21, 2018
An emotional look into one of the most underrepresented groups in media today through a story that we can connect with universally.
October 18, 2018
Mahershala Ali stars as Chiron's guardian in this heartbreaking drama of discrimination and forbidden love. Wish he would've been more involved in the rest of the story.
October 17, 2018
First and last act are really good, but the middle not much like other two. Great direction and cinematography.
October 16, 2018
This film grips you from the very beginning. Script, directing, acting, cinematography, music were all outstanding. The acting will blow you away. I watched it using my boxxy software. Highly recommended.
October 12, 2018
A deeply affecting narrative and fantastic performances from its impeccable cast make sure Moonlight is an unforgettable experience.
October 6, 2018
Beautiful film and so important. The performances are out of this world. Something everybody has to see.
September 24, 2018
This tone and acting in this movie is where its at.
½ September 16, 2018
Incredible performances.
Very important film for today. Emotional and empathising.
September 12, 2018
10/10 Literally a perfect movie.
September 11, 2018
Made with a very simple and effective traditional 3 act structure, Moonlight tells a young boys story growing up with such delicacy and purity that's become a rarity in Hollywood, and other indie films. Notably, I'd say only Ladybird compares in terms of the general feel and honesty of the story. The camerawork is incredibly well done, and the use of color in particular was exceptional. However, I felt for all of Moonlights brilliance, the Oscar buzz, and praise, it's too subtle and complex. Watching the movie felt a little lethargic and I couldn't appreciate much of the techniques Jenkins used until 2nd viewing. I feel like its hiding too much of its brilliance in the way it's been made. Moonlight is a beautiful and poetic movie ultimately, La La Land got robbed!
½ September 3, 2018
Homosexual propaganda. A perfect example of overrated garbage posing as filmaking.
½ August 31, 2018
Muy aburrida, la trama es confusa. El final con