Mrs. Doubtfire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mrs. Doubtfire Reviews

½ December 2, 2016
One of the funniest performances Robin Williams has ever done with not just strong comedy, but strong heart and has potential to be one of my favorite movies someday.
October 10, 2016
Wish Robin Williams was still alive.
October 9, 2016
Amazing acting and great comedy
September 17, 2016
Can't go wrong with some Doubtfire.
September 6, 2016
Hilarious and good story
August 23, 2016
The late Robin Williams was one of the great talents in the comedy world. He could not only crack some super hilarious jokes in standup and in movies but he had such a high paced energy to him that found its way into his impressions and voices that he used to do. Mrs Doubtfire is a film that absolutely showcases his ability to do just that.
Williams plays Daniel Hillard a voice actor who gets fired from his job at the start of the film. We then are introduced to a man who loves his kids and does whatever he can to make them happy even if it causes a ruckus with his estranged wife Miranda who finally divorces him. As per a deal with the trial if Daniel can get his life together and create a suitable living environment for the kids the judge may reexamine the case. Miranda mentions to him one night that she is hiring a baby sitter and this sparks the lightbulb in his head. Daniel then proceeds to use his skills with voices as well as his brothers makeup team to become a female nanny named Mrs Doubtfire. From their hilarity ensues.
Pretty good film here. The humor was decently funny to say the least. Good directing from Chris Columbus. great script and plot, I was stunned by the early curveball in the story. I wont say what but it was quite surprising to see so early on. It shares some similarities to tootsie. Only its more family friendly and the stakes are different this time
Robin Williams range of voices is absolutely amazing! he had true talent for that. He pulls off a remarkable performance in the title role. The same level of desperation that Dustin Hoffman's tootsie character had is here too with Daniel. He looks so unrecognizable here. this film I think most displays his ability to improvise on the spot I was stunned at the stories he was coming up with and how believable they were he coulda been a con artist if he hadn't done acting. sally field plays quite a headstrong woman here. This is sort of the role men play but she does a good job of flipping the script.
Tremendous costume design. the final scene was predictable that's the only negative thing I will say about this flick. the ending however was a surprise. Great comedy film go check it out
August 13, 2016
While the movie's story and filming is nothing beyond the normal, the film, of course, is elevated to new heights by Robin Williams simply being Robin Williams.
½ August 8, 2016
Recently separated voice actor goes drag to be close to his kids in this predictable guy in dress comedy.
July 31, 2016
Warm, friendly and funny this is one for the family for definite. With memorable moments throughout, there's just something engaging about Robin William's performance as a Scottish nanny.
½ July 27, 2016
A delightful family comedy that always has me bellowing with laughter with Robin Williams silliness, but clever comic timing and ridiculous voice acting. It's a film for children with divorced parents to help them understand and it doesn't end in an easy full circle way either. Which I like. This is a rewatchable cult classic and I love it.
July 26, 2016
Mrs. Doubtfire manages to get some hearty belly laughs out of the audience member.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
One of Robin Williams films he will be rememberd for, Funny, Entertaining and a instant classic, Everyone should watch in their lives.
½ June 25, 2016
"Mrs. Doubtfire" is a perfect blend of comedy and drama. It also contains an incredibly creepy concept that our minds manage to accept because of the good intentions of the film's main character. Obviously, this film is all about the contrasting roles played by Robin Williams. One is an irresponsible father in the middle of an ugly divorce. The other is a 70-year-old British nanny with a spunky-yet-nurturing personality. But the character of Mrs. Doubtfire also operates on two levels: the nanny who is taking care of the children and the man underneath the costume who must learn to take care of a house. Though the film seems goofy on the surface, Williams deserved an Oscar nomination for this impressive multifaceted performance. His antics are perfectly offset by Sally Field, who brings deep emotion to every role that she has ever played. Pierce Brosnan's character is well-written as he creates competition for Williams but never does anything that would prove him to be malicious or unlikable. The dramatic moments are very dramatic, with yelling and crying that will tug at your heartstrings. The comedic moments are hilarious, from the "Dude Looks Like a Lady" nannying montage to the entire sequence with the court liaison and the pie. The key to the film is the balance between the two. The comedy never interrupts the drama too suddenly and vice versa, so that our tears are always rewarded with laughs but in the perfect proportion. Audiences responded well to the film, making it the second highest grossing film of 1993, only falling behind the cultural phenomenon of "Jurassic Park." Critical reception was mixed and I'm surprised by its Oscar win for Best Make-Up, considering that it was competing against two of the year's most acclaimed films ("Schindler's List" and "Philadelphia"). Still, the test of time always speaks louder than the commentary of critics and "Mrs. Doubtfire" remains just as popular today as it was when it first came out.
June 19, 2016
Classic Robin Williams at his manically schticky and emotionally naked best.
June 16, 2016
I forgot how old this movie is. This was before Williams killed himself. I call this movie Mrs. DIRTfire.
June 14, 2016
One of Robin Williams' best films... RIP.
½ June 13, 2016
Who doesn't love Mrs. Doubtfire? Mrs. Doubtfire is a heartwarming and a humorous film. This movie put Robin Williams through the charts and it is probably his best movie ever. I enjoyed this move a lot. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 6, 2016
Mrs. Doubtfire is directed by Chris Columbus, and it stars Sally Field the late Robin Williams in a dramedy about a father who got a divorce with his wife for being a bit of a buffoon to himself, and with custody, the mother got it because Daniel (Robin Williams) doesn't have a house that he owns, and a full time job. Daniel founds out that his ex wife is holding a job for a nanny for the kids, and he has an idea of dressing up as Mrs. Doubtfire, with full make-up and everything to make him look like a completely person. When I was a little kid, I have come across Mrs. Doubtfire for quite some time because it has Robin Williams in it. Even though I've seen Mrs. Doubtfire many times, it's one of those films that I'll enjoy even after many times that watching it. Robin Williams gives a great layered performance and does a great job of acting a disguise as a old woman. The humor is hilarious, especially when it's from Robin Williams who's having fun in this, even with the whole make-up on, which is really good and convincing to look at. The drama scenes are well done, and the characters are well developed that I want Robin Williams's character to be staying with the kids, while understanding Sally Field's character's reasoning about the situation. There are some scenes that felt really awkward to me and honestly, I kind of wanted it to end quickly, even though Robin Williams is trying to make the situation more tolerable. Mrs. Doubtfire is a really great film that brings out one of the talents from the late Robin Williams.
May 29, 2016
Tootsie ripoff, but still hilarious