My Friend Dahmer Reviews
- The movie is well done.
- The time era feels authentic.
- The portrayal feels authentic.
- The casting of every character is good.
- Ross Lynch is compelling to watch.
- It'll be hard to watch because you know who he is.
It'll be hard to watch knowing what he became, but it's an interesting look into his teenage years, which gives us some more back story. The movie doesn't sensationalize what he did, but rather bluntly shows his beginnings before he decides go through with the life he'd chosen. The movie does not want you to empathize in a traditional way, but does place the cards on the table and let you make of it what you will, and puts a human behind the person he would become. The movie is being told to you by his cartoonist friend, John Backderf, who wrote this novel about their teenage friendship.
"Lionel Dahmer: You need to be more normal!"