Mystic Pizza - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mystic Pizza Reviews

July 23, 2016
Funny and genuinely heartwarming, Mystic Pizza is definitely a tearshedder that is equally as touching and solid as the terrific performances from Julia Roberts, Annabeth Gish and Lili Taylor.
April 24, 2016
Aikas ihana höppäleffa 80-luvulta. ^_^
½ March 15, 2016
This coming-of-age story of three young women from the small town of Mystic, has the drama of a TV soap opera in the comedic confines of a motion picture. This movie is maybe the first and only that shows Julia Roberts as a rough character, although that smile is hard to not love. Also, Matt Damon's first film (small cameo) and one of the first films to put Julia Roberts on the map. Cute, quirky, and kinda fun.
February 29, 2016
Mystic Pizza is a movie about friendship and love. It managed to keep you hooked to the screen whilst watching it, but might not be too memorable afterwards.
January 10, 2016
A good hearted chick flick about three young girlfriends in a small town. It was funny and endearing about growing pains with love especially. I liked the different personalities they all brought to the table with good performances. It has a "mystic" charm.
August 10, 2015
I very much liked mystic pizza except I did not care for annabeth gish's character
and john Cunningham's and ann flood's characters as well
July 21, 2015
A decent coming of age featuring some known powerhouses when they were young.
½ April 16, 2015
Thought Gish was to be the big star from what I saw in this delightful enough little movie.
March 23, 2015
Quite entertaining. No complaints
March 14, 2015
Girl shoulda kept that money
½ March 10, 2015
Ah, the 80's. The hair. The clothes. The music.
January 31, 2015
In the small town of Mystic, Connecticut, 3 young women work at a local pizza joint known as Mystic Pizza. That is about the only thing these 3 have in common as each of them have there own maturation problems with relationships, their futures and desires. Mystic Pizza is an excellent small town film that shows great little insight of how life in a small town might be for people. Mystic Pizza is through and features a well balanced cast and was I was pleasantly surprised.
December 13, 2014
Not bad...made me want to try the amazing pizza
November 18, 2014
11/18/2014: Not a bad movie. A great cast with a good story.
October 6, 2014
A nice portrait of three young women who are all waitresses at the pizza parlour in Mystic, Connecticut. One has a boyfriend who wants to get married, but she has cold feet. The youngest falls for the father of a girl she babysits. One is sassy and brassy and is pursued by a spoiled rich kid who got kicked out of law school. It's all formula, but the performances are sincere and entertaining. interestingly, the male characters generally manage to avoid the stereotype and remain decent, honest men.
September 30, 2014
It's a great, coming of age story that seems just as fresh and relevant today as it did back then. All three leads excel in their own way. This is one of the movies that can be watched over and over again
September 18, 2014
A chick flick with a good heart, energized by the nice performances of the trio, including Julia Roberts' debut in her typical style (next to Matt Damon's brief debut). (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
September 13, 2014
One of my favorite movies.
September 12, 2014
I see this on the TV all the time. Eh.