National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Reviews

½ January 7, 2018
It's nothing monumental, but as cheesy Holiday classics work, you could do worse. Far worse.
December 28, 2017
Christmas Vacation is a very fun movie movie to watch. Randy Quaid and Chevy Chase are great.
December 26, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever!!!!!!
December 26, 2017
Not sure if I had to watch the previous Vacation movies but whatever. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a true Christmas classic that boasts enough jokes to keep audiences of all ages entertained. Slapstick and an animated opening scene for the kids and some lines of dialogue that'll amuse teens and adults such as Chevy Chase's little Freudian slip problem in one scene. John Hughes' script is written well and at this point I'm convinced that Hughes is the best friend I never had. May he rest in peace. I saw this movie as passable the first time I saw it but second time around, it's a lot better than I remember it being. Christmas Vacation fulfills its tagline's promise. Now, I wonder what the other Vacation movies are like.
½ December 24, 2017
Excellent sequel to the original classic that introduced the Griswald family. full of hilarious situations this is the ultimate disaster holiday film. I have watched this film every year since i can remember and this was like any other. Chase was hilarious in the lead role but is supported by an incredible cast. It's hard to create a holiday film and not show its age, this film is timeless and doesn't show any sign of disappearing from the holiday season. The film has a strong heart and this alone keeps the film from falling into crude territory. This is the vacation sequel film worth watching as the others attempted too much and failed. This comes up on TV every year so it has had a healthy life since release. 25-12-2017.
December 22, 2017
Christmas classic that only gets better with age, thanks to a game cast and sharp direction that pokes gentle yet pointed fun at the holidays. Chevy Chase is at his best as Clark Griswold, playing a man just trying to give his family a great Christmas, even if his expectations are too high. He gets great support from the rest of the cast, particulary Randy Quaid as Cousin Eddie, who tears through each scene like a bull in a china shop. Behind the camera, director Jeremiah Chechik films John Hughes's hilarious script perfectly, covering everything from decorating to hiding presents. They find the comedy in the frustration of the holiday while pointing out the joy in it, making a movie that deserves a permanent place in every Christmas movie rotation.
December 21, 2017
Classic. One of the best Christmas comedies.
December 19, 2017
I'm dead... So funny.
December 17, 2017
Great christmas movie very funny
½ December 15, 2017
Roger Ebert is a tool. This one of the all time best Christmas movies. A truly great offering from John Hughes. You'll love cousin Eddie. Also An awesome speech by Chevy Chase. Sit back and enjoy yourself watching this, don't pay attention to the hoity tooth stuck up film critics, this one is a winner.
December 15, 2017
I thought this movie was a classic because it was very funny and was the first movie I saw for the vacation series. I watch this every year for christmas and I will never get over the funny jokes and I will always think the jokes are very funny
December 11, 2017
Christmas Vacation is a film dear to the hearts of many people I know, it's nostalgic for many and memorable. Playing the film year after year from childhood to adulthood probably is what keeps this film a household name to this day, however, I was not one of those who saw this film growing up. As of today this was my first viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and while I can say it was an enjoyable and fun Christmas film, I wouldn't say it is one of the best. The film is a little dated, which doesn't bother me too much aside from some of the older jokes, and the acting is over blown sometimes to the point of cartoonishness which just simply isn't my type of comedy.I will say I had some laughs and it did bring me back to old family get togethers on Christmas eve which is enough to get me into the Christmas spirit and enough to give this film a fresh score.
December 10, 2017
OUTSTANDING CHRISTMAS CLASSIC! I have no idea why this movie isn't rated in the high 90%'s This isn't just a "Watch at Christmas Time," This is a watch over and over during the Christmas Season!
December 8, 2017
The so-called "top critics" get another one wrong... My entire family looks forward to this movie every year. A true holiday classic that will always be a hit for generations to come.
December 5, 2017
This has all the stuff a Christmas movie needs: plenty of heart, plenty of laughs, and a redeeming character. Most of it works well, but it is not put together as well as it could've been. A few of the jokes are too predictable, but that won't stop you from getting some great laughs along the way. The original version is maybe not family friendly for younger viewers, but most cuts on TV should be fine.
½ November 9, 2017
It's just not Christmas without an annual viewing of Christmas vacation.
½ November 8, 2017
My personal favorite Christmas movie and by far my favorite of the Vacation movies.
November 6, 2017
You can't go a day without using at least one line from the movie in a real life situation.
October 10, 2017
The constant quality of laughs, & insane situations make up for maybe a few minor problems. For me, it's one of the funniest Christmas films ever made.
October 10, 2017
this is funny classic Christmas movie in 80s, but I love this Christmas movie, and so my mom too