National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Reviews

July 10, 2017
Not only one of my favorite Christmas movies, but one of my favorite comedies of all-time.
June 8, 2017
This one has grown on me a lot after all these years, based purely on the wife's enthusiasm for the film. It's fast becoming one of our standard 'go-to' films each holiday season.

This is also the reason why I can't see an RV without gleefully exclaiming "Shitter's full!" **sigh**

Recommended.
½ April 6, 2017
Really funny and good, but honestly not as memorable as I thought it would be. The characters are all funny and worthwhile. A good comedy.
March 20, 2017
Christmas Vacation is a truly hilarious comedy with remarkably talented actors.
March 12, 2017
Classic. One of the best Christmas comedies.
½ February 26, 2017
Rating should be at least 85-90%
Fabulous Movie!!
½ February 14, 2017
A truly classic Christmas movie. Probably my favorite of all time.
January 4, 2017
Probably the best of the "Vacation" sequels.
January 3, 2017
This is a must watch every holiday season.
½ January 3, 2017
It had its moments, but not enough to keep this Christmas vacation on a positive finish. A film filled with slapstick and goofy humor isn't for everyone, but I suppose there are worse holiday diversions
December 30, 2016
I wasn't one of those people who watched this every year since they were a kid. I didn't see this until rather recently and now that I have, I absolutely love it. It seems to get better every time I see it.
½ December 27, 2016
A Christmas classic, this was the first time I had watched it through maybe ever, I usually just catch it already in progress on TV, and finish it. My favourite part is the old guy saying "the blessing!" Randy Quaid is very good too.
Watched on the plane flying back from Punta Cana with Sam, December 16, 2016.
December 27, 2016
December 22nd 2014
December 16th 2015
December 24th 2016
December 25, 2016
Hilarious Christmas movie that we watch annually during the holidays.
December 25, 2016
This is a yearly classic. It never gets old to have a silly laugh at Christmas. We all have a little Griswold in us all.
December 24, 2016
Does anyone not like Chevy Chase? This is a fantastically hilarious Christmas comedy with great performances (the comic timing from everyone was spot on). You don't need to have seen the other films to enjoy this one as I've only seen the Europe one once. I've seen this many times though, I rewatch it every year and it always puts me in the festive mood, which is the highest praise I can give this film. The family has a relatable quality to it because of the stress of Christmas and the director makes sure to keep the actors in check by stopping them from going over the top with the silliness. This is one of the best Christmas films of all time. It's on my list of films to watch every year.
December 23, 2016
This movie is a Christmas classic. Top 5 holiday movies for sure.
½ December 22, 2016
Despite the execution that clearly swings towards the outrageous, the National Lampoon's Vacation series has always had this strong sense of relatability to it. Clark Griswold's constant vacation plans, no matter how big of a failure they may be, are always rooted in his strong desire to simply provide the best experience for his family. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation follows suit, and perhaps does so in the most relatable manner in that its confined almost solely to the Griswold residence. While the antics are certainly outrageous in that National Lampoon style, consistent with the previous two films, they're not really anything that feels out of the ordinary for any household. Just about anyone can relate to wacky family members, electrical failures, and dinner that just didn't turn out right; Christmas Vacation is home to all of these and so much more. Aside from its relatability, it's also expectedly amusing: John Hughes returns to his writing duties and jams the film with tons of memorable jokes and sequences to balance out the sense of heart. Chevy Chase is once again so lovably na´ve, perfecting the deadbeat, slapstick sense of humor needed for Clark Griswold. Alongside him, Beverly D'Angelo is a warming presence amid the chaos as the always calm Ellen Griswold, and Randy Quaid's Cousin Eddie is infectiously funny as the oddball family member whose heart is certainly bigger than his brain, as Clark puts it. It serves as a directorial debut for Jeremiah Chechik, and the result is a surefire Christmas classic and another solid entry in the series.
December 21, 2016
I believe this film is very underrated because it's a sequel while Chevy chase giving yet another laughable performance.
December 21, 2016