National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Reviews

August 30, 2016
Probably the tightest narrative of the bunch, but so paint by numbers it hurts. Like every tv movie on Xmas day.
August 30, 2016
This is our family's tradition: every year we put this movie on right before we begin decorating our Christmas kids are I their twenties and there doing it with their kids..... Just something about this movie that embodies every one of can see a little bit of each member of the family in each character, from Clark's well meaning but unrealistic vision of the "perfect" family Christmas i.e. Super sized Cousin Eddy....we quote this move all year long.....AWSOME is the only word for this movie
August 6, 2016
I love this movie, i've watched it every year at least once, for the last 20 years. My family will always treasure this movie.
½ July 30, 2016
Christmas Classic....just let him finish, watch it every Christmas
July 12, 2016
Still one of the funniest Christmas movies ever made, well acted, well written, and nostalgic to the bone.
June 24, 2016
June 11, 2016
Just like the first movie, this movie is great. This is a great movie everyone will love and makes a great Christmas classic. A+
½ June 8, 2016
As if Christmas isn't already busy, Clark and his family get invaded by the entire family to stay at his & Ellen's home in Breckenridge, Co. Cousin Eddie is a real gas and uncle Louis is a riot! Worth the time to watch and laugh at the one-liners from all involved!
June 5, 2016
A truly classic Christmas movie. Probably my favorite of all time.
½ May 28, 2016
A must see at least every third Christmas.
½ May 26, 2016
The Griswold's host Christmas in this silly, if thin plotted comedy.
May 17, 2016
Family favorite, we watch it many times every Christmas
March 27, 2016
Clark Griswald makes the holidays a little less stressing knowing there is his Christmas but great movie to get you in the spirit and understand the true meaning of Christmas
March 19, 2016
Never get sick of this it
½ March 12, 2016
One of the funniest Christmas movies ever made. A classic that will be watched for decades to come.
½ February 19, 2016
Entertaining, but it gets annoying when Griswold is so blinded by wanting all of his family to be around for Christmas, that he completely ignores how the family is causing most of the problem. If I was Griswold, I'd kick them out of the house and spend Christmas with just my wife and kids.
½ February 14, 2016
Christmas Vacation is a very good holiday treat.
½ January 16, 2016
It's funny and is certainly one of the better movies in the Vacation series. I wouldn't say it is a holiday favorite, but it's something I can watch every few years. (First viewing - Late teen years)
January 14, 2016
From roasted Christmas trees to electrified cats and exploding sewers, this film offers on all ends. While the moralic side might be slightly swayed whereas the heart of Christmas does not lie in the gift of giving, but in that of receiving (a large Christmas bonus check), it is more of a disaster comedy than a Christmas film. Hilarious the first time and still funny the second.
Although not the Lampoon's most charming performance, still worth a watching every once in a while.