Never Say Never Again - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Never Say Never Again Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
For a remake of Thunderball, I didn't think it was that bad.
½ July 16, 2017
Not one of the better Bond films but Connery is always worth the money. Kim Basinger is great as Domino and its level of self parody helps carry it over the line but only for fans of the franshise
June 26, 2017
Not horrible but it was an unneeded remake of Thunderball.

6.5/10
½ May 30, 2017
This unnecessary remake is not a patch on the original Thunderball, with the villains and Bond girls being especially poor in comparison. Taken on its own merits it's still a fairly bland 80's action movie that just happens to have James Bond in it. But it's not an outright disaster, there's nothing as painful here as in Diamonds Are Forever and Connery is more lively and engaged than his last appearance as Bond. There are moments of action, drama and humour sprinkled throughout that work well, enough to make Never Say Never Again probably better than it has any right to be.
April 24, 2017
This is a great movie. It is a remake of the 4th James Bound movie Thunder ball. Thunder ball is better. But still this a great movie. I do not know why people do not like it.
March 16, 2017
Certainly more watchable than Thunderball, even with some non-Bond like choices.
½ January 28, 2017
Basically a remake of Thunderball, this "unofficial" or "non-eon" production Bond film is a superior beast to that of the last few "official" 007 outings. While Connery's age could make the whole affair even more absurd, the filmmakers quite rightly decided to address that elephant within the plot itself. The end result is a solid spy adventure full of the tropes Bond fans have come to expect and love.
November 15, 2016
Bizarro James Bond. I usually enjoy the entries in the franchise that feel different but this doesn't feel different so much as it just feels very very off. However those who swear by Connery as bond will most likely enjoy it as a throwback.
October 24, 2016
9/16/2016: Meh. The only good or memorable piece is Kim Basinger.
July 24, 2016
I don't really consider this a true Bond film. I don't think it's part of the official series. Either way, it was cool seeing Connery back in the roll even though he's too old. Cool to see the video game style pain duel. The effects are getting much better but it suffers from the same thing as the others. It goes on too long and it's hard to pay attention.
½ July 23, 2016
While the motorcycle jumping over the car might be one of the coolest Bond stunts ever, the second and last unnoficial Bond film is disappointing for Empire Strikes Back vet, Irvin Kershner.
July 22, 2016
The remake of Thunderball is totally not great compared to the original, but Sean Connery's last Bond performance is top-notch and Kim Basinger takes a great early role.
July 17, 2016
Not as good as the early Bonds with Connery. (Diamonds Are Forever wasn't either.) The really good ones were Goldfinger, Dr. No and From Russia With Love. Only the Daniel Craig Bonds can match them. But if you haven't seen this one before, it's worth a watch.
June 7, 2016
Most fantasy appears silly when viewed objectively, and so too this older male dream of enduring virility undimmed by time and of a life w/o responsibility ("if only I wouldn't've had those kids, if I wouldn't've got married, I coulda did what I wanted, I coulda ..." and this film fills in the rest. All the women want sex NOW - is it possible to pant for the length of a whole film? And yet Barbara Carrera and Kim Basinger manage wonderfully - All the dialogue is so cornball cheesy as to be embarrassing. Klaus Maria Brandauer is good as the bad guy, a look of "yes, yes, I understand. You get the women" plastered on his face) Connery is up for the task as stand-in for the male species, a British agent (everyone knows him - so where's the secret?) working beneath the auspices of the American CIA and yet he is still calling the shots. Does he win against the forces of entropy, of choas? He's shaken, but not stirred. And so the big boys dream ...
½ May 18, 2016
Absolute worst movie of the franchise...Why they ever agreed to this is beyond me.
jamrcla
February 28, 2016
Not officially a Bond film but it's better than most if not all Roger Moore's terrible Bond movies, It has a more serious tone which works well, But it is just a remake of Thunderball in many ways, It was nice to see Sean Connery back even if he's not my favorite Bond, It tries nothing new but cuts out the silly one liners and OTT stunts even though there's still a few to be had, It's the send off Sean Connery deserves and so much better than the god awful Octopussy that was released in the same year.
½ February 22, 2016
Never Say Never Again is so corky and stupid, it is propably one of the most entertaining and rewatchable JB movies out there. I like it, but I'm aware it is not a great movie. Would watch it right now tough.
½ January 26, 2016
Does it have Sean Connery? Yes. Does it have an actual story? No.
½ December 29, 2015
Well, that was ... a thing. That happened. That probably shouldn't have.
December 2, 2015
Never say you won't watch this cause you probably will