Never Say Never Again - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Never Say Never Again Reviews

November 15, 2016
Bizarro James Bond. I usually enjoy the entries in the franchise that feel different but this doesn't feel different so much as it just feels very very off. However those who swear by Connery as bond will most likely enjoy it as a throwback.
October 24, 2016
9/16/2016: Meh. The only good or memorable piece is Kim Basinger.
July 24, 2016
I don't really consider this a true Bond film. I don't think it's part of the official series. Either way, it was cool seeing Connery back in the roll even though he's too old. Cool to see the video game style pain duel. The effects are getting much better but it suffers from the same thing as the others. It goes on too long and it's hard to pay attention.
½ July 23, 2016
While the motorcycle jumping over the car might be one of the coolest Bond stunts ever, the second and last unnoficial Bond film is disappointing for Empire Strikes Back vet, Irvin Kershner.
July 22, 2016
The remake of Thunderball is totally not great compared to the original, but Sean Connery's last Bond performance is top-notch and Kim Basinger takes a great early role.
July 17, 2016
Not as good as the early Bonds with Connery. (Diamonds Are Forever wasn't either.) The really good ones were Goldfinger, Dr. No and From Russia With Love. Only the Daniel Craig Bonds can match them. But if you haven't seen this one before, it's worth a watch.
June 7, 2016
Most fantasy appears silly when viewed objectively, and so too this older male dream of enduring virility undimmed by time and of a life w/o responsibility ("if only I wouldn't've had those kids, if I wouldn't've got married, I coulda did what I wanted, I coulda ..." and this film fills in the rest. All the women want sex NOW - is it possible to pant for the length of a whole film? And yet Barbara Carrera and Kim Basinger manage wonderfully - All the dialogue is so cornball cheesy as to be embarrassing. Klaus Maria Brandauer is good as the bad guy, a look of "yes, yes, I understand. You get the women" plastered on his face) Connery is up for the task as stand-in for the male species, a British agent (everyone knows him - so where's the secret?) working beneath the auspices of the American CIA and yet he is still calling the shots. Does he win against the forces of entropy, of choas? He's shaken, but not stirred. And so the big boys dream ...
½ May 18, 2016
Absolute worst movie of the franchise...Why they ever agreed to this is beyond me.
jamrcla
February 28, 2016
Not officially a Bond film but it's better than most if not all Roger Moore's terrible Bond movies, It has a more serious tone which works well, But it is just a remake of Thunderball in many ways, It was nice to see Sean Connery back even if he's not my favorite Bond, It tries nothing new but cuts out the silly one liners and OTT stunts even though there's still a few to be had, It's the send off Sean Connery deserves and so much better than the god awful Octopussy that was released in the same year.
½ February 22, 2016
Never Say Never Again is so corky and stupid, it is propably one of the most entertaining and rewatchable JB movies out there. I like it, but I'm aware it is not a great movie. Would watch it right now tough.
½ January 26, 2016
Does it have Sean Connery? Yes. Does it have an actual story? No.
½ December 29, 2015
Well, that was ... a thing. That happened. That probably shouldn't have.
December 2, 2015
Never say you won't watch this cause you probably will
½ November 17, 2015
It's not that it was bad, it's just that I didn't really like it. Kim Basinger looks pretty hot though so that's a plus. Too bad it didn't feel like a Bond film.
½ November 17, 2015
It's an unofficial (and unoriginal) remake of Thunderball, except everything is worse: the writing, the cast, the acting, the directing, the score, the set-staging, the atmosphere and the visuals are all worse. It's too campy to be taken seriously but it lacks the fantasy elements of Bond movies in the 80's. It was a cash-in gimmick (even Connery knew that).
November 11, 2015
It's certainly better than some official EON 007 films, but it ultimately just feels pointless and all the problems and controversies surrounding its creation just gives that feeling even more. It's still worth seeing for any Bond fan, but just be sure to take it all with a grain of salt.
½ November 7, 2015
An awful remake of the "thunderball" script. This said the return of Sean Connery gave the film a little something keeping it from being a downright mess.
½ November 6, 2015
No.... I'm sorry, just no. Not a real Bond movie.
½ October 14, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: Connery's air of class returns to make this film more interesting with character, plot and pretty good action sequences
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Hardly the most creative, exciting or refreshing Bonds. And arguably Connery was better in his first round
VERDICT: A forgettable but fairly good film with Sean Connery back to make Bond classy again.
October 10, 2015
A poor excuse to waste money, THANK GOD this is not official or it would probely be the worst Bond film until Quantum, if not the worst Bond FILM ever! Give me the origianal Casino Royale back, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!