Nick of Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nick of Time Reviews

½ December 26, 2016
Nick of Time has an interesting presence and it's a sure nail biter, but it also has its issues. With bland white washed lighting work and numerous plot holes that could sink a boat, the movie struggles to be ultimately different from every other action movie that has shown up.
½ September 23, 2016
3 1/2 ud af 5 træben. Totalt idiotisk plothulhistorie, men ikke desto mindre hammergod suspense med Depp og Walken i topform.
½ August 20, 2016
This movie basically sucks and makes no sense, but is totally worth watching just for Christopher Walken, who's absolutely hilarious and unhinged here.
March 28, 2016
Plot almost a farce, Depp does okay in an unusual role. If it weren't for Depp or Walken nobody would know or remember this.
December 7, 2015
Enjoyable, suspenseful, at times over the top, but all in all a fun 90 min. ride plus Christopher Walken as villain well worth seeing.
July 31, 2015
I remember being very disappointed in this film when it first came out and it unfortunately hasn't improved with age. Johnny Depp and Christoper Walken in an action/suspense flick that takes place in real time sounds like a knockout of a film, but this film is torturously dull and unbelievable. Depp's daughter is kidnapped by a villainous Walken who blackmails him into assassinating the California state governor. Depp then spend the next 90 minutes trying to save his daughter and trying to get out of killing the governor. Thown in the usually reliable director John Badham, and this should have been a lock to be a good film. Badham, Depp and Walken all give a good effort, but the script is the main culprit here for the lifeless film. Once the film gets past the interesting set up, it begins to loose any pretense of credibility. Sure "Die Hard" wasn't a realistic film, but at least characters acted in a logical manner within the context of the film. This film is very much of it's time, when stories of vast conspiracies were so popular in the 1990s. I think it's the vastness of the conspiracy to kill the governor that the film really started to irritate me. With that much money and power plotting to kill the governor, their idea to blackmail a random person they pick out in a train station just seems absurd. There is some decent action towards the end, but watching Depp's various attempts to get out of the assassination and rescue his daughter repeatedly being foiled, usually because it then get's revealed that the person he just went to for help is then also in the plot, which seemed to happen over and over and over. Solid actors Charles S. Dutton, Peter Strauss, Marsha Mason and G.D. Spradlin are all also trapped in this dull film. Overall, the only reason to watch this film is for Christopher Walken as a good villain and the little bit of action at the end.
May 3, 2015
Faire un thriller où on fait s'affronter un Johnny Depp sobre et un Christopher Walken survolté et omniprésent, c'est une bonne idée. Le faire se dérouler en temps réel encore mieux. Encore fallait-il écrire un scénario compétent et une intrigue intéressante. Malheureusement, dans ce Nick of Time, on s'ennuie beaucoup plus qu'on ne compatit pour Depp, coincé dans une conspiration politique incompréhensible dont on se fout totalement. John Badham sait orchestrer de bonnes scènes d'action. Mais elles ne sont que trop peu dans un océan de médiocrité absolument indigne de sa magnifique photographie, très proche de celle de Pitch Black (c'est dire le niveau stellaire). Particulièrement rageant.
April 24, 2015
It was pretty clear sailing for Depp through much of the 90's and well into 2000 but there was this major ugly speed bump.
April 8, 2015
i want to see this just because johnny depp's in it. let's be honest now.
January 26, 2015
Gripping & Clever Thriller That Is A Complete Master-piece Of Film-Making. Ignoring The Low Budget, The Editing With A Slick Stoy Cleverly Builds The Tension.
½ January 21, 2015
Wanted to like it because...hey, it's Depp and Walken, right? However, within the last 15 minutes of the movie I wanted them to use one of the six bullets on my eyes because I couldn't stop watching the contrived and miserably stupid ending!
January 14, 2015
Two great actors . One hopeless pathetic movie,as exciting as watching paint dry.
December 15, 2014
The best thing about this movie - Christopher Walken. He's a badass. Love his character.
½ December 5, 2014
Underrated, Walken carries it with a fantastically villainous performance.
November 10, 2014
Christopher Walken makes this movie watchable but beyond that it's pretty ridiculous and far-fetched. Not sure what Johnny Depp was doing in this movie back in the mid '90s but my guess is earning a paycheck as he was not yet "Johnny Depp" yet in 1995. And why is his character not named "Nick?"
October 25, 2014
Nick of Time is a disappointing film. It is about an every-day man who is forced into a situation where he is told to kill a politician to save his kidnapped daughter. Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken give terrible performances. The script is badly written. John Badham did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/27/2013)
July 8, 2014
a mild mannered accountant is thrown into a nightmare by forces beyond his control when he is randomly chosen by a mysterious duo who make a harrowing demand; either assassinate the governor of California or they will kill his 10yr old daughter
½ June 30, 2014
"Nick of Time" is your average thriller with a few surprises but a mostly predictable plot. I always enjoy seeing a film shot in real time and I think that it fits well with the plot, forcing us to think about what we would do if suddenly thrust into that situation with only an hour to figure it out. None of the acting is bad, but nobody particularly sticks out. I suppose that I would be applauding Christopher Walken if he was anybody else, but he's such a great funnyman that it's strange to see him in this bad guy role. The characters were well-written, particularly Huey (the shoe shiner) and Ms. Jones. It seemed like Huey was going to be an unimportant character that broke up the action for a minute, but the writers did a nice job of making him into an unexpectedly important part of the plot. Ms. Jones was great, seeming to be an okay person until the end - very effective. While I wouldn't put "Nick of Time" up there with my favorite thrillers, it sports an interesting plot and is worth seeing once.
April 23, 2014
A good movie , not great. Just because of the ending.