Notting Hill Reviews

• Jan 02, 2021

Brit Wit Rom Com in one of London's most famous districts

Brit Wit Rom Com in one of London's most famous districts

• Dec 28, 2020

I'm not one for Rom-Coms but there is something strangely captivating and nostalgic about this film that seems to awaken the childhood fantasies we all seem to have. Comprising of dry-humoured yet riveting performances from Grant & Roberts all the way down to the supporting roles, this film oozes delight that enkindles the soft & lovable side of us all.

• Dec 21, 2020

I can't believe that anyone would give less than 100%

I can't believe that anyone would give less than 100%

• Dec 21, 2020

One of the best romantic comedies ever.

One of the best romantic comedies ever.

• Nov 12, 2020

Just watched on tv after many years. Had exact same thought as when I originally viewed it: a great movie marred by Julia Roberts who was just . . . NOT good. . . in it. So stiff, so wooden, strangely uncharismatic, I didn't feel the chemistry. Hugh Grant did all the heavy lifting here.

• Nov 05, 2020

solid - everyone loves love

solid - everyone loves love

• Oct 28, 2020

Never thought I'd ever fall this hard for a rom-com, but there's just something about the honest and off-beat awkwardness on display all throughout "Notting Hill" that really resonated with me. I've been exposed to the rom-com stylings of Richard Curtis prior to now and, while I've never really been blown away ("Yesterday" is pretty good, "Love, Actually" is okay) I've always seen his appeal. The wit, the thorough nature to his stories, the emotionality; all of it resonated as above par, but never really disarmed me as much as this has. "Notting Hill" is equal amounts affecting and hysterical, featuring terrific work from both Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. Though, I have to say — for my money — the real MVP of this film has got to be Rhys Ifans, delivering quite possibly the greatest, most committed "goofy rom-com friend" performance I've ever seen in any movie like this. Other than the length becoming unfortunately apparent at a few points, I honestly loved this. Truly shocked.

• Oct 16, 2020

I'm really blessed to be able to watch a movie like this, quite literally one of the best Romance/Comedy movie ever created. This movie wouldn't work if Julia and Hugh weren't cast in this movie. I'm 6-years old and this movie was released so definitely it is out of my era but still to this date I haven't watched anything like this. the song used in this movie was tremendous. Overall I recommend everyone to watch this movie. A must watch during this Quarantine time to boost up your moods.(keeps u super happy

• Oct 02, 2020

Man, I will always have a soft spot for late 90s and early 00s films. Aside from being both endlessly goofy, SFX were trippy and rom-coms were charming and sappy and feature as much fantastical components as the next CGI-heavy adventure film today. I waited maybe most of my existence to watch ‘Notting Hill' because being set in the Great Britain, I've always conjured up the image of a modern Jane Austen-y kind of film, the sort only people born before 1990 enjoyed. Stupid youth, as always. At least a personal ‘4',this film cheated by featuring a younger, caricaturely English Hugh Grant as the enduring, ‘dorky' stud to heartbreaker Julia Roberts. There's no doubt that people even younger than me, prematurely jaded by the instant dating scene and other horrendous things twenty years later, won't be able to see this as anything but utter shite. And I agree, both premise and series of events were utterly ridiculous. ‘Notting Hill' is the rom-com equivalent of a plain thirst trap. I love it.

• Sep 25, 2020

I thought better than pretty woman - little more meat on the story -- Julia Roberts brilliant with her now classical line "I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy..."