Nowhere Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nowhere Boy Reviews

October 18, 2016
Not really special or anything, it's just a pretty good bio-pic.
March 27, 2016
What a delightful small story of the youth and beginnings of John Lennon and the Beatles! Kirstin Scott Thomas, as superb as always and the music staying on in the head. Sweet.
December 9, 2015
The movie is about music legend John Lennon, So everything I wanted to know about the character and the pre fame time pretty satisfied in a very smooth and emotional way. The director kept moving between the funny simplr scenes to the gloomy sad ones in just a great efficiency, The actor Aaron Johnson whom i never heard about before was good enough to do that role but anyway the best one in the movie was Kristin Scott Thomas, She always got the scene from everyone, Great movie in common & pretty got me sad for awhile :(
November 3, 2015
An authentic and moving drama that takes a look at the life of a pre-Beatles 15-year-old John Lennon and mainly benefits from its sensitive narrative approach and remarkable performance by Aaron Johnson, who impresses us even if he looks nothing like the real John.
½ October 22, 2015
Sympaattinen elokuva John Lennonin nuoruusvuosista. ??
October 15, 2015
Historical inaccuracies, but entertaining.
August 3, 2015
Oh My God! Was such a great movie. My dad was a big Beatles fan and I grew up on their music. ATJ played Lennon very well. This movie is a must see.
½ July 19, 2015
wow. loved it. warms me to the prodigal son. great performance around.
June 28, 2015
Swoons at Aaron Johnson.
May 14, 2015
I don't know if it's because I had a hard time paying attention, but I think the movie ended really abruptly. Besides that, I really enjoyed the acting along with the choice of casting. The cinematography was on point and so was the music. All in all, it did a very lovely job at depicting John Lennon's wild youth.
April 14, 2015
There is true beauty in this film, portraying a once broken boy, and his road to success, overall this movie was awesome but my only issue is the actor who played Paul, not that he did a bad job, but the actor didn't suit this film.
March 22, 2015
Nowhere Boy started off very slow and awkwardly, with little originality or excitement to be had, unless, possibly, you're a John Lennon fan boy/girl. This monotony continues until about half way through the film, but almost suddenly goes from minor enjoyment to extreme passion and emotion. Without letting up, this amazing turn around continues flawlessly until it silently settles down and ends on a smooth and well played note.
March 16, 2015
unreal. fantastic story and Aaron Johnson played Lennon wonderfully. loved it.
March 9, 2015
?????, ??????? ??????????? "50 ????????", ?????, ??????-??.
March 4, 2015
I really liked this movie! The history catch you at the first minute. The music is soooo good, and the performances BRILLIANT. The work of Sam Taylor-Johnson is really great, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Thomas Sangster were excellent. There is also to emphasize the work of Anne Duff, so good.
This is a film that you can really enjoy.
The Beatles are forever.
February 11, 2015
Thus begins the canonisation of the Blessed St. John of Lennon.

Its a "Mom" movie made to pad out the afternoon TV schedule. A by the numbers sycophantic bus tour of Lennon's early life.

That which made John Lennon in any way remarkable was his relationship with Paul McCartney and the music it produced. That complex and turbulent relationship is glossed over in favour of "A boy's best friend is his Mum and Aunty" gender politics slant.

"Roll up, Roll up, get your misty eyed chocolate flavoured pop corn here".
February 1, 2015
An interesting look at John Lennon's early days. Funny that he was striving so hard to be like Elvis...
½ November 12, 2014
Great movie. Nails the truth.
October 28, 2014
Great movie, great story, great actors. And if you want to cry a little, go ahead.