The Omen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Omen Reviews

September 17, 2016
don't believe the music it lies
½ August 29, 2016
Well where do I begin the directing is horrible the actor is laughable at times the film does suffer from trying to be the same of the original have all the same big moments the film at times seems to fight with itself on what it wants to be overall I don't recommend you check it out
November 4, 2015
If I was the owner of that mansion, and that 2nd nanny told me that the dog has to stay, I'd use common sense, and fire her there on the spot! Don't care if the mutt attacks me, it's my $@*,£%# house $^#>¥!
Wow, this was recycled scene after scene, and half of them are done badly! Why was this necessary? Just because it was remade for the date 6-6-06!? Nothing but a douchebag move on the part of the studio in order to make a quick buck!
October 18, 2015
better than the old one...
September 22, 2015
The movie that should never have been made. It is a word-for-word copy of the original script, just freshened up for the 2000's audience. An audience, one may presume, that the studio thinks are morons. I like the actors in the remake, but this is just a pointless movie. I guess if you never saw the original it would be just OK, hence the 40% audience score. Unfortunately this remake is a testament to the complete lack of creativity in Hollywood.
½ September 12, 2015
Regarding other's complaints, I think it is fair enough to say that this film does follow closely with the original to the point where a couple of conversations are very similar.
However, I don't consider that to be a major issue and either way, it is a very good film on its own.

I did see this before the original (which I consider quite dated - so you could look at this as simply an updated version. Either way it isn't bad).

Also, possibly due to the fact that this was one of the first horror films I saw, but I found this to be quite scary and creepy. Particularly if you haven't seen the original, I definitely think this is worth watching.
½ September 5, 2015
On it's own it's not very good and as the remake of the first iconic horror movie it pales,PALES in comparison
½ August 23, 2015
There are only 4 things that happen in 2 hours.

1) nanny hangs herself
2) bitch falls off a railing and has a concussion
3) man gets chased by dogs
4) boys mom gets an air bubble in her IV from the new nanny

the boy is the devil, we get it. takes them the whole movie to figure this shit out. awful acting, awful movie.
August 12, 2015
Lazily recycling the original's script nearly word for word, The omen remake wastes it's solid cast and production values by trying too hard to be like the original, but it just comes off as forced and uninspired.
August 11, 2015
Pretty solid remake. Schreiber is one of my favorites, but the new Damian just isn't much compared to the original. Long story short... The Omen '06 is a decent flick... but The Omen '76 is a MASTERPIECE. If you are a fan of the franchise, see it. If you haven't seen them, start with the OG.
July 26, 2015
Yet another needles remake or reboot or whatever you want to tag it. This one lacks all of the suspense and thrills of the original.
July 23, 2015
A great cast and some impressive production values can't help this horrible remake of a classic horror film that just didn't need to be remade. Check out the original, it's much better. Although Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick, the kid who plays Damien, is quite creepy as are the various dogs.
May 16, 2015
Keeps true to the original story which is rare with remakes, but was entertaining and well-done. A very creepy movie.
½ May 9, 2015
Pointless, devoid of any real identity, and is not effective at all like the original. I don't hate this for the sake of hating a remake of a classic. I just find it lazy and ineffective.
April 20, 2015
Maybe it doesn't have the stellar creepiness as its predecessor, but the scenes are faster paced for today's ADD audiences and I felt it was slightly an improvement.
April 11, 2015
It's pretty much a shot-for-shot remake, but it works. It's gorgeously filmed and there are quite a few times that I jumped.
April 3, 2015
Fox decided to remake The Omen for the release date 06/06/06, a neat little gimmick. Better yet, they decided to only incorporate the events of the first film, the one that's actually good.
April 1, 2015
Practically a carbon copy of the original classic without any of the charm or originality.
February 25, 2015
Just one little lie so the wifey won't be sad. That one deed is repaid with several deaths.