Only the Brave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Only the Brave Reviews

½ January 15, 2019
Miles Teller delivers a commemorable, heartfelt performance in a deeply emotional depiction of true, real life heroes.
½ January 3, 2019
(94/100)
Only The Brave is a great movie with so much heart, I really, really love this movie. It is a great step-up from Joseph Kosinski's previous 2 movies. The movie offers a great story with a great script and characters that are fleshed out and very likeable, especially Josh Brolin, Miles Teller and Taylor Kitsch shine in this movie. This movie is really heavy and the story is amazing. Overall, it is a great movie about a thing that really happened and it is touching.
December 30, 2018
Well told...emotional....but, I was a wild land firefighter, so....
December 5, 2018
Only the brave was a heroic tale, that told the story with good flow and good emotional content all while paying a good tribute to the heroes of the story.
November 9, 2018
A film with amazing special effects along side the powerful story of honorable heroes.
½ November 5, 2018
Great depiction of a terrible tragedy. It was a good movie and helped honor the fallen hotshots well.
October 30, 2018
Typically this genre of movies isnï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t one I would go for but Iï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)m glad I gave it a try. This movie immediately peeked my interest, and had me unable to take my eyes off the tv. The way they tell the story also adds a lot of depth to the movie and the characters. Only The Brave not only teaches you about the dangers of the fires but the risks firefighters and people surrounded by them take everyday, I highly request watching this movie.
½ October 29, 2018
I really liked this film. Before going in you know the outcome but it still had me hoping for a different conclusion.
October 27, 2018
It's not another weepy veteran biopic, Only The Brave is a heartfelt movie with fantastic acting. Despite being longer than it needs to be, the movie tries to fill up every moment with little details to show realism in the relationships and naturalism in the acting. It felt overbearing at times but there's definitely a lot to like and enjoy even with a sad ending.
½ October 10, 2018
So deep and incredibly emotional. Brolin is great as always and Teller is absolutely fantastic reaching depth we hadn't seen from him before
½ October 8, 2018
I loved this movie. 'Only the Brave' is an engaging, character building drama that takes its time with a finish that will stay with you for a long time. This is a hard watch, but the acting is really good and it's a solid movie. Final Score 8.8/10
½ September 23, 2018
IMHO, they would have died anyway. Be that as it may, "You are dust, and to dust you shall return" (Genesis 3:19) and "It's Better to Burn Out / Than to Fade Away": the film documents both quite well.
(Mauro Lanari)
September 21, 2018
THIS movie is Amazing, it honors the fallen hotshots by saving thousends of lives. The movie is emotional. ONE IF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN
September 14, 2018
Based on a true story. Heart-wrenching, Inspirational, filled with action and adventure. Makes we look up to anyone who is willing to fight fires, especially wildfires that threaten to engulf acres and acres of homes and lives. I love Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges, so I knew I couldn't go wrong!
September 5, 2018
A new American classic. Heartfelt and inspiring
August 30, 2018
A film about the Granite Mountain Hotshot sacrificing themselves while stopping the Yarnell fire. It has prominent themes about family values and responsibilities. Boasting superior acting and plot development, it's a great movie all the way!
August 27, 2018
Firefighters who think they are in 'top gun'. It's so full of clichés and jingoism, I'm amazed they could fit the story in. It's truly awful. One of the awards it could get though is rating review vs personal experience 'disparity award'. I just don't get it.
August 10, 2018
Great cast, nice story...but it didnt move me like it should.
August 8, 2018
I think this movie did a great job of showing the world what being a wildland firefighter actually means, that not only does it take bravery, it takes a lot of heart as well. I like the fact they focused more on the personal lives of these brave men and didn't ruin it by trying to turn it into a cheezy action flick. This movie is a must see!