Only the Brave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Only the Brave Reviews

May 13, 2018
A tragic and respectful story about raucous heroes that fight fire.
May 5, 2018
This movie made these men look like brave men when in fact, they were all drunk and disoriented when they died.
½ May 1, 2018
Other than a few cliches, this was well-done with a good connection with the characters and emotional.
½ April 29, 2018
One of those standard real life stories of men in a dangerous job/situation/disaster and the families they leave behind, etc., etc. This one worked fortunately and told its story compellingly.
April 22, 2018
Realistically portrays the Arizona mindset, and the limited economic prospects in Arizona which lead to low pay, poor benefits, all the way to this sad story of these young men losing their lives with no accountability of the governments who hired them, to make things right for the survivors.
April 14, 2018
??? ?? ?????,
?? ??? ??? ??,,
??? ???? ? ????? ??????.
April 10, 2018
***NOT BAD, BUT THIS MOVIE BELONGS ON NETWORK TV WITH 15 MINUTES OF ADS AN HOUR***
April 9, 2018
Entertaining, well acted film based on the true story of the Granite Mountain Hot Shots. A firefighting unit in Arizona, U.S.that gained notoriety as heroes in service and after their death in the greatest loss of life by U.S. firefighters since September 11th 2001.
The Hot Shots begin the film as mere 'deucers' not quite graded as elite 'Hot Shot' firefighting experts. Limited by local politics they are frustrated because they have the ability to progress to the next level.
The film has a cast including Josh Brolin and Miles Teller. Teller impressed me with his performance in Whiplash.
The film is based on a true story but when watching I was unaware of that story. The end of the film has an inevitable conclusion.
The film has excellent location photography of the South West U.S. environment.
The direction of Joseph Kosinski follows some of his earlier work with excellent use of visuals and CGI.
The film has that disaster film feel that comes around every now and then but it is no Towering Inferno more San Andreas.
April 2, 2018
Fantastic movie, heart wrenching, action packed. As a firefighter I'd give this 6 stars if I could
March 31, 2018
Phenomenal, just amazing.
March 30, 2018
this movie is garbage. the good reviews can only be explained by the sympathy to the real life story. but this movie is really boring and poorly made. lots of cheesy moments. most of the comedy didn't work. the relationship drama was really annoying and did not add to the story at all. i was not attached to the characters. (1 viewing)
½ March 28, 2018
Um dos melhores filmes de 2017, que infelizmente passou despercebido no Oscar. Conta a trágica história real de um grupo de bombeiros responsáveis por apagar grandes incêncios em florestas dos Estados Unidos.
March 21, 2018
Muy buena, emocionante, peli para Barones. Muy real los incendios, Me recordó a EVEREST. Muy valientes esta profesión, lastima que por culpa de un mal lider falla todo. Les hicieron la peli pq todos era caucásicos.
March 21, 2018
Saw two movies yesterday. One was ONLY THE BRAVE. An all-star cast tells an emotional and riveting, based-on-truth story about the Granite Mountain hot shot team (19 men) who lost their lives in Arizona. The story was so personal I forgot about the ending until it happened.
½ March 20, 2018
3.5/5.0 stars - Grade: B
½ March 18, 2018
A highly dramatic, brilliantly shot and amazingly acted thrillride!
March 17, 2018
This movie is full of typical male chauvinist pigs. They died a tragic death but the movie does not portray them in a good light.
March 16, 2018
This is great movie! This movie is definitely worth of Oscar awards. But unfortunately Hollywood does not like the working class (firefighters), therefore, I think Hollywood will ignore this film. But I hope that only the brave will receive a reward from the audience...Anyone who does not like this movie does not have a heart
March 14, 2018
This movie was one that stuck with me after it was over, and for a couple of days. Whenever there is a true story adaptation, it's on the actors and actresses to get give top notch performances to sell the story that most know how it ends. Going in I didn't know the story of the brave firemen who lost their lives battling a wildfire out west.
I thought Josh Brolin and Myles Teller were fantastic. They really sold the role and the bond of brotherhood.
The scenes were beautifully shot, and the director did a good job of helping the viewer relate to all the actors in the film. The movie had good pieces of humor and I felt engaged the whole way.
The film wasn't perfect but any true story adaptation that can affect the viewer a couple days after its over is a damn good film.
March 13, 2018
AN EXCELLENT PORTRAYAL OF THESE BRAVE MEN. VERY EMOTIONAL, BUT A POWERFUL MESSAGE. BRILLIANT CAST.