Open Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Open Season Reviews

½ November 29, 2016
Childish and easily forgettable.
September 29, 2016
Just utterly painful to watch.
½ September 23, 2016
Annoying characters, a talented cast that's utterly wasted, inconsistent animation, and an entire scene that's about somebody trying to crap pretty much proves to me that this movie sucks.
September 3, 2016
Some funny moments, but overall an unsatisfying film experience. Kids are likely to be frequently bored by it, and among a typically undiscerning audience, that's a hard thing to achieve.
September 2, 2016
This is a pretty decent movie it's not really bad but not really good either, it's one of those films you watch and go "Ok interesting" after ending it
August 17, 2016
Amazing 1st time for Sony Pictures Animation,I even consider it their best film. The cgi might be a bit off,but makes up for it with a great story,and characters that are just hilarious.
½ July 6, 2016
The voice actors, and their performances, are pretty good. And there's a few laughs. But it's mostly not funny. It's got a bad story that doesn't fit the runtime. The movie is also to long. Kids will probably like it, but adults will not.
½ July 5, 2016
The only good film Sony pictures animation has ever made
June 27, 2016
Open Season isn't that good of a movie. The trailer of this movie looked good, but the movie is not. I wouldn't really suggest this movie.
½ June 19, 2016
A cute story that I mostly enjoyed. I wasn't a fan of McSquizzy and the squirrels. Some of the humor was overly juvenile, but it was otherwise a fun movie. (First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
½ June 8, 2016
Although it has its moments, Open Season feels familiar really often, and fails at being on par even with the most mediocre animated installments
May 29, 2016
Sometimes I find myself thinking about this film, especially the part about Elliott throwing rabbits at the window. This film is pretty funny.
March 31, 2016
Open Season is as funny and entertaining as the Madagascar movies. Open Season has great animation, humorous jokes, and great characters.
March 23, 2016
Great family friendly movie
March 20, 2016
Another one to see when it comes to cable.
½ March 15, 2016
Average and decent fun. Nothing particularly special but the laughs are there.
½ March 9, 2016
Bear living in captivity gets moved to the woods
½ January 30, 2016
1/30/2016: Just ok. There were a few funny moments, but not a lot.
January 28, 2016
Funny,but cliche at best
January 23, 2016
I have no idea why more people didn't like this movie. My two year old son is literally obsessed with it, so I have watched this movie more times than I can count. The animation is so incredibly detailed that I see something new every time I watch it. The voices were perfectly cast and the characters are hilarious. Don't waste your time on the sequels, but this one is a winner.