Open Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Open Season Reviews

August 18, 2017
Best movie in the world
½ August 11, 2017
Amazing 1st time for Sony Pictures Animation,I even consider it their best film. The cgi might be a bit off,but makes up for it with a great story,and characters that are just hilarious.
½ July 27, 2017
A really nice and decent forest adventure with characters with a lot of charisma. It was an 7 out of 10!
July 5, 2017
I remember loving this movie as a kid back when my aunt took me to see it in theaters, but as a person who is now in college, I don't seem to like it as much as I used to. I don't hate it, I think it's OK for what it is, but I do feel like this is one of the weaker movies by Sony Pictures Animation. The visuals, although they might look dated by today's standards, look pretty good for the time when this movie first came out. Overall, I don't think it's one of the worst movies I've ever watched looking back at it, it's just that I think this is better for kids than it is for adults.
½ June 27, 2017
Not good; a terribly aged film.
June 1, 2017
Less memorable than...that other thing that I forgot.
½ May 4, 2017
A cute story that I mostly enjoyed. I wasn't a fan of McSquizzy and the squirrels. Some of the humor was overly juvenile, but it was otherwise a fun movie. (First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
½ April 27, 2017
open season is a pretty ingenious film that can be funnier that the fans think it is
a pretty good story, characters and animation in my opinion
½ April 1, 2017
It's fine, not really bad to me but fine
½ November 29, 2016
Childish and easily forgettable.
September 29, 2016
Just utterly painful to watch.
½ September 23, 2016
Annoying characters, a talented cast that's utterly wasted, inconsistent animation, and an entire scene that's about somebody trying to crap pretty much proves to me that this movie sucks.
September 3, 2016
Some funny moments, but overall an unsatisfying film experience. Kids are likely to be frequently bored by it, and among a typically undiscerning audience, that's a hard thing to achieve.
September 2, 2016
This is a pretty decent movie it's not really bad but not really good either, it's one of those films you watch and go "Ok interesting" after ending it
½ July 6, 2016
The voice actors, and their performances, are pretty good. And there's a few laughs. But it's mostly not funny. It's got a bad story that doesn't fit the runtime. The movie is also to long. Kids will probably like it, but adults will not.
June 27, 2016
Open Season isn't that good of a movie. The trailer of this movie looked good, but the movie is not. I wouldn't really suggest this movie.
½ June 8, 2016
Although it has its moments, Open Season feels familiar really often, and fails at being on par even with the most mediocre animated installments
May 29, 2016
Sometimes I find myself thinking about this film, especially the part about Elliott throwing rabbits at the window. This film is pretty funny.
March 31, 2016
Open Season is as funny and entertaining as the Madagascar movies. Open Season has great animation, humorous jokes, and great characters.
March 23, 2016