The Other Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Other Guys Reviews

May 19, 2018
This is the Buddy Cop deconstruction to end all Buddy Cop deconstruction flicks. It's clever--maybe too clever for its own good--and has a lot of laughs. I really enjoyed this one, it's a classic.
April 14, 2018
Hopeless. For complete morons. Samuel Jackson and Rock Johnson die in first few minutes. This is the moment when you should switch your tv off.
March 28, 2018
Makes me laugh so hard everytime I watch it, awesome comedy!
March 15, 2018
A very funny send up of the buddy cop movies. Mark Wahlberg steals the show here in a surprisingly funny role proving his great timing and great chemistry with Ferrell are not wasted.
This film has an hilarious opening segment with The Rock and Sam Jackson to add to the stellar cast of this movie that strikes comedy gold.

Will Ferrell again opts to play a timid character that does not play to his strengths. I, personally find him funnier in more boorish roles. Here and like in Daddy's home he plays the straight guy and is a little wasted.
February 25, 2018
you gotta let me fly..

The Other Guys

Some verbal sparring between Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are hilarious but some of these comic sequences seem to be forcibly created only to lighten up the mood which results into an overlong runtime. The Other Guys is fortunately not your typical buddy cop movie but doesn't stand alone too although it sure is worth a watch to see it through Adam's vision. The writer-director Adam Mackay keeps it smart and practical through its amusing perspective but fails into delivering entertainment throughout the feature. Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell are flat out funny especially in their arguments over petty things and the post credit scene. The Other Guys has eerie characters, unpredictable track and great one-liners but what it lacks is a gripping screenplay to hold the audience for around 2 hours.
February 16, 2018
Buddy cop meets with Ferell and Wahlberg's best performances in a comedy movie. The movie is so ridiculous you don't know what to laugh at. The social critique is the cherry on the cake.
Should be on anyone's must watch list!
February 12, 2018
God movie, but I want to see the Rock & Sam Jackson movie
½ January 28, 2018
The Other Guys is the sort of movie that generates some of its best jokes quietly in the background or as quick-hit throwaway lines, while other terrific gags are defiantly over the top.
January 27, 2018
one of the funniest movies ever made. so many tiny parts that go unnoticed are hilarious. funny from beginning to end. such great characters. so many memorable moments (7 viewings)
½ January 24, 2018
Great laughs throughout this movie. An impressive cast, Ferrell and Wahlberg make a really good comedy pair as this movie proves.
January 1, 2018
Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell give hilarious performances in this action-comedy. Two NYC cops, who couldn't be more polar opposites, bond through gut-busting comical events that keep you laughing the entire time!
December 27, 2017
A pretty good comedy during an otherwise dismal time for comedies. Michael Keaton is great in it, and Wahlberg and Ferrell have good comedic chemistry. Several of the extended gags go too long, but overall pretty funny.
November 24, 2017
I didn't like it the first time I saw it. But it grew on me. Some good laughs.
½ November 23, 2017
I love Ferrell and Wahlberg together, just so funny and play off each other so well. The jokes are rapid fire and a strong 95% of them hit the mark. Also includes two of the funniest cameos ever, by The Rock and Sam Jackson. They're not in the movie long but it is so incredibly funny the short period of time they're on screen.
October 29, 2017
For this year, Cop Out was the appetizer, The Other Guys is the full dinner. One of the funniest movies in years.
September 11, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
"Gator don't play that shit, you best be using them jimmies".
September 3, 2017
The best comedy movie I have ever seen
August 22, 2017
one of best comedies
August 7, 2017
Funny at times, but it can be boring.
July 30, 2017
Since open carry is legal now, does that mean desk pops are a thing now.