The Other Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Other Guys Reviews

June 26, 2017
The humour is pretty weak
jamrcla
June 5, 2017
Not as funny as I was hoping for but still a fun watch, Some good little action scenes but would of been better if Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson were in it more.
½ May 29, 2017
I liked this movie like a stand up comedian. A lot of jokes. Not too much stupidity.
May 19, 2017
The youtube outtake reel is by far the funniest thing about this movie for me.
April 13, 2017
Great chemistry, followed by ridiculous action makes for a well acted buddy cop comedy that never fails to make me laugh.
April 12, 2017
Another successful team up between Will Farrell and Adam McKay, The Other Guys might be a little bit over the top but still manages to fit in some good laughs.
April 3, 2017
I wouldn't have guessed Mark and Will worked so well with this film. A movie that erupts me to laugh and keeps me guessing on the next chapter has my vote. It's funny to see how cop movies are either serious and blood shed or funny stupid and only just for laughs. Something you can watch with your mates should there be a black out on the sports channel.
March 30, 2017
hilarious - worth seeing twice or more, there are many great lines in this.
½ March 20, 2017
The first half is some of Will Ferrell's funniest work and absolutely raucous in spirit, while the second half gets lost in a story that isn't all that interesting. Thankfully there's enough laughs provided throughout to make this an easily rewatchable comedy that works as an excellent parody of the buddy cop genre.
½ March 19, 2017
This movie is hilarious. There are so many moments of pure, ridiculous hilarity that the overall forgettable plot is easily forgiven.
March 14, 2017
One of a kind buddy cop movie.
February 26, 2017
Only 59% by audience are you kidding me?
February 26, 2017
one of the funniest movies ever made. so many tiny parts that go unnoticed are hilarious. funny from beginning to end. such great characters. so many memorable moments (6 viewings)
½ February 23, 2017
The movie is okay-ish and Ferrell and Wahlberg show great chemistry. But to be honest I would have rather seen a cop movie starring Samuel Jackson and The Rock.
February 18, 2017
Quite a strange (and daft!) Will Ferrell comedy, that I think benefits from being watched as part of a cinema audience: without that you'd just be sitting thinking "what?!?". (edit: true!)

Nearly all the best bits are in the trailer ("aim for the bushes!") and, while I'd be lying if I said it wasn't funny, it failed to raise any serious belly laughs (but did manage a couple of sniggers) from me during the course of it's running time.
February 12, 2017
Grade: B-. It's an okay movie. It could've been better in some ways. The way the movie presents the plot and the important details is a bit confusing and complicated. Besides the plot, the movie is funny. Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell are a great duo when it comes to comedy. People say Daddy's Home wasn't as good as this film but I think Daddy's Home was at least 2 times better.
½ January 2, 2017
Mark Wahlberg is for action movies not comedy but story is good and funny.
½ December 21, 2016
Good comedy! The first half of this film is hilarious but then it goes a bit rubbish. Still very funny though
December 17, 2016
The unrated edition is so fucking hilarious! Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell are among the best buddy cop teams!
December 7, 2016
While some of it seemed to feel like a failed attempt, The Other Guys overall was a fairly funny comedy staring two great comedians. Ferrell was decent and Wahlberg was solid as well, but this was not their best to me. Some of it felt a tad boring, but I can't say it was slow for that matter. Halfway decent, but not great overall.