Our Idiot Brother - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Our Idiot Brother Reviews

½ June 18, 2017
Audiences won't really like this because it isn't stupid humor or very exciting, but Rudd and his sisters are all solid in portraying a family and their many problems.
May 3, 2017
Surprisingly funny and profound, my favorite Paul Rudd performance!
February 23, 2017
Paul Rudd makes the movie worth it. Without him it's really just a very bad movie. The performances from everyone else and the directing is competent, but it just lacks anything to hold our interest outside of Ned.
October 19, 2016
Inadequately strained.
October 1, 2016
It's a fun film and all their performances are enjoyable but it's just missing some kind of impact.
August 16, 2016
O Paul Rudd está bem demais pra ser ignorado. Com boas doses de um humor peculiar, que não chega a ser uma novidade, "Maluco Beleza" vale ser visto.
July 22, 2016
Our Idiot Brother explains how the "real" world actually is and with a charming and lovable performance from Paul Rudd, it is outstanding in more ways than one.
½ June 21, 2016
At times it was almost if this film didn't even have a plot. Personally, it only provided me a couple laughs. There was a few clever scenes. But all and all theres not much to speak of here, and I would not recommend giving this film a watch. Unless you're going to be smoking a lot of "Willie Nelson" first.
May 12, 2016
Ned Rochlin looks for the good in every situation and in everyone, which often puts him at odds with the world around him -- especially his family. Upon being released from jail for a stupid mistake, Ned is kicked off of the organic farm he lives and works on by his ex-girlfriend Janet who also insists on keeping his beloved dog, Willie Nelson. Having nowhere else to go, he turns to his family, three ambitious sisters and an overbearing mother. Ned crashes at each of their homes, in succession, and brings honesty, happiness and a sunny disposition into their lives. In other words, he wreaks havoc.
April 22, 2016
love this movie so much !
½ April 11, 2016
i love the goodbye scene with the brother and that dog
February 4, 2016
The film has a few laughs, great cast, and Paul Rudd giving a good likable performance. Sadly the plot is formulaic and it never reaches its true potential.
½ January 19, 2016
I could so relate to this movie on SO many levels.
December 12, 2015
It's a sweet, mildly amusing film about a happy, go-lucky guy whose kindness and honesty wreak havoc on his family and friends and how they learn to coexist.
½ August 25, 2015
Paul Rudd plays a charming role. But this movie got me bored and checking the time.
August 20, 2015
Our Idiot Brother is a good family film with an A-List cast being lead by none other than Paul Rudd in which he plays the lead role perfectly. Although his character Ned was lovable, full of joy, and funny at times, he was not as funny as Paul Rudd can be, and Ned should have been. With a few more comedic set pieces and one liners, this movie would have really excelled. By that I don't mean give us the Paul Rudd from Wet Hot American Summer, I actually loved the small bits of humor particular to this character such as trusting a stranger with a stack of cash, or selling a police man weed. These moments hit the mark which is why all I wish is for a few more of them.
August 20, 2015
it's more of a dramedy but it's worth watching
½ August 9, 2015
Paul Rudd es el centro y corazón de esta simpática comedia acerca de la casi imposibilidad de ser confiado y sincero en este mundo moderno. Jesse Peretz, el bajista de la agrupación noventera The Lemonheads, nos entrega esta historia acerca de un hermano sencillo y su relación con sus complicadas hermanas (interpretadas con mucho carisma por Elizabeth Banks, Emily Mortimer y Zooey Deschanel). "Our Idiot Brother" es un título que puede despistar. Esta no es una comedia escatológica llena de situaciones disparatadas, sino una película abierta y de buen corazón como su protagonista que habla sobre las relaciones sin sermonear y que lo dejará con una sonrisa de oreja a oreja.
½ July 30, 2015
Loved Paul Rudd's character. Had to fast forward through many a scene.