Our Idiot Brother - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Our Idiot Brother Reviews

October 19, 2016
Inadequately strained.
October 1, 2016
It's a fun film and all their performances are enjoyable but it's just missing some kind of impact.
August 16, 2016
O Paul Rudd está bem demais pra ser ignorado. Com boas doses de um humor peculiar, que não chega a ser uma novidade, "Maluco Beleza" vale ser visto.
July 22, 2016
Our Idiot Brother explains how the "real" world actually is and with a charming and lovable performance from Paul Rudd, it is outstanding in more ways than one.
½ June 21, 2016
At times it was almost if this film didn't even have a plot. Personally, it only provided me a couple laughs. There was a few clever scenes. But all and all theres not much to speak of here, and I would not recommend giving this film a watch. Unless you're going to be smoking a lot of "Willie Nelson" first.
May 12, 2016
Ned Rochlin looks for the good in every situation and in everyone, which often puts him at odds with the world around him -- especially his family. Upon being released from jail for a stupid mistake, Ned is kicked off of the organic farm he lives and works on by his ex-girlfriend Janet who also insists on keeping his beloved dog, Willie Nelson. Having nowhere else to go, he turns to his family, three ambitious sisters and an overbearing mother. Ned crashes at each of their homes, in succession, and brings honesty, happiness and a sunny disposition into their lives. In other words, he wreaks havoc.
April 22, 2016
love this movie so much !
½ April 11, 2016
i love the goodbye scene with the brother and that dog
February 4, 2016
The film has a few laughs, great cast, and Paul Rudd giving a good likable performance. Sadly the plot is formulaic and it never reaches its true potential.
½ January 19, 2016
I could so relate to this movie on SO many levels.
December 12, 2015
It's a sweet, mildly amusing film about a happy, go-lucky guy whose kindness and honesty wreak havoc on his family and friends and how they learn to coexist.
½ August 25, 2015
Paul Rudd plays a charming role. But this movie got me bored and checking the time.
August 20, 2015
Our Idiot Brother is a good family film with an A-List cast being lead by none other than Paul Rudd in which he plays the lead role perfectly. Although his character Ned was lovable, full of joy, and funny at times, he was not as funny as Paul Rudd can be, and Ned should have been. With a few more comedic set pieces and one liners, this movie would have really excelled. By that I don't mean give us the Paul Rudd from Wet Hot American Summer, I actually loved the small bits of humor particular to this character such as trusting a stranger with a stack of cash, or selling a police man weed. These moments hit the mark which is why all I wish is for a few more of them.
August 20, 2015
it's more of a dramedy but it's worth watching
½ August 9, 2015
Paul Rudd es el centro y corazón de esta simpática comedia acerca de la casi imposibilidad de ser confiado y sincero en este mundo moderno. Jesse Peretz, el bajista de la agrupación noventera The Lemonheads, nos entrega esta historia acerca de un hermano sencillo y su relación con sus complicadas hermanas (interpretadas con mucho carisma por Elizabeth Banks, Emily Mortimer y Zooey Deschanel). "Our Idiot Brother" es un título que puede despistar. Esta no es una comedia escatológica llena de situaciones disparatadas, sino una película abierta y de buen corazón como su protagonista que habla sobre las relaciones sin sermonear y que lo dejará con una sonrisa de oreja a oreja.
½ July 30, 2015
Loved Paul Rudd's character. Had to fast forward through many a scene.
July 27, 2015
Our Idiot Brother? More like Our Idiot Writers. Now I was not expecting that much from this, I was hoping Paul Rudd would be Paul Rudd and it would at least get some laughs, but, the way this is written, Paul Rudd being Paul Rudd is not nearly enough. Now don't get me wrong, Paul Rudd is good as Ned, and the 3 actresses playing his sisters (Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel and Emily Mortimer) are also good, but unfortunately, nothing happens in this movie. I don't know what is going on with Paul Rudd because this is the 3rd movie in a row of his that was not very good (after Dinner For Schmucks and How Do You Know), he was on fire after Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Role Models and I Love You Man, but I think his script choosing has been lackluster. This is a poor movie at best, but hey it's not the worst thing ever so I guess that's something. SKIP IT.
½ July 21, 2015
Paul Rudd is beyond lovable in this stoner-type role. The entire story is warm and funny.
July 2, 2015
Gentle, big-hearted and amusing.