Pandorum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pandorum Reviews

December 2, 2016
I love a good sci-fi. This is not a good sci-fi, I had to turn it off and that is a rare thing as I'll normally always tough out even the worst of films!
October 28, 2016
Just saw this movie last night, and what surprised me were the low ratings in the reviews. I am a hard core sci fi fan and I thought this movie was pretty good. Star Wars taught us that fx don't need to be good for a good movie, and the plot was entertaining enough to not bore me. Their were some things that aren't explained well in the movie, but all the more reason to rewatch and try to figure out what this movie is about.
July 28, 2016
One of the best movies I've seen. Concept was smart, with a great reveal. Highly memorable. I'm reminded of it due to recently watching Wayward pines, which have many of the similar concepts, that I originally watched in Pandorum
July 12, 2016
Ok, the plot is complicated, but when you put all the pieces together it's as satisfying it can get!
March 20, 2016
I don't understand why this movie isn't better liked. Ben Foster is incredible, as is Dennis Quaid and the entire cast. Look for Eddie Rouse stealing scenes in a captivating and disturbing turn. Couple that with a mind bending plot and some scary aliens and I don't see what else you could need in a movie.
March 19, 2016
Pandorum is so good and so disturbing. The aliens in Pandorum is creepy.
March 12, 2016
Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster offer up decent enough performances, but they're soon let down by weird and confusing plot twists that are completely unnecessary for a sci-fi/action film like this. Still, it's simple and naturalistic pursuit to tell a cheap story with cool-looking special-effects sometimes proves effective in the scenes involving creepy creatures. Just prepare to be let-down by a shoddy-looking ending.
½ March 2, 2016
Great premise and reasonable execution. Really good production quality.
February 6, 2016
Third watch, enjoyable and a bit if sci-if fun. Grows on you each time.
½ February 3, 2016
Just signed up to rate this because I feel the current low rating is a little unfair.
I saw this movie by accident the first time, but have watched it 2 more times in the years since.
I would agree and strongly recommend to Sci-Fi fans but is an all round enjoyable movie.
Excellent effects and prop/sets, quite gritty, explored some new concepts and provokes thought.
Maybe it was a benefit to avoid any hype surrounding the film, but having watched it knowing nothing previous We found it very entertaining
½ January 23, 2016
This was confusing as hell, only making sense in the last 5 minutes of the movie.
Positives: Alien atmosphere and a nice kind of twist at the end.
Negatives: Not enough explanation about the Pandorum effect, confusing and not that intriguing.
December 27, 2015
Not bad.... Kept me entertained. There were a couple parts that were a little dumb and not well - followed through... But in general, decent...
November 15, 2015
It was different. But was it good? Not really. The ending fight and end sequence is fine. And so are the credits, but that doesn't make a movie. I don't even really get this storyline. It was weird. There's a splash of good old schizophrenia to round up the tale and a crazy guy that looks like Lil' Wayne. Like a lot of other space flicks that take place only a ship, there is some journey through the gigantic ship required to reach some means to some ends. You have homicidal alien creatures, as usual, their presence and existence and purpose makes no real sense at all. And chock it up to either me not paying any attention or it was poorly explained. Anyway, it's nothing to write home about.
½ November 7, 2015
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a sucker for these kinds of psychological sci-fi/mystery films so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I quite enjoyed it. A bit derivative of other sci-fi films, perhaps, being a little bit Sphere, a little bit Alien, and a mish-mash of other things, but still, the whole ends up being more than the sum of parts. It's also maybe a bit obtuse for its own good sometimes, thanks to the postmodern narrative elements, so I suspect it would probably work best on subsequent viewings.
So, overall, I'll recommend it to the other sci-fi geeks out there, provided you don't particularly mind having to chew on your popcorn a bit more than usual.
November 1, 2015
Very messy but a good sci-fi flick nonetheless.
October 28, 2015
While the twist ending was pretty good and there were a few good claustrophobic and suspenseful moments, this movie would have been a million times better if it was a psychological horror movie. It could have done better without the monsters.
½ October 14, 2015
A very good sci-fi/horror film, with an ending I never saw coming. Good cast. Some good action. Its also kind of claustrophobic. Worth a look.
August 25, 2015
Pandorum has a familiar theme with many recycled scene ideas from other movies, none are completely nailed with any brilliance and the plot feels misleading and confusing. Whilst its not overly scary, there is some suspense built up thanks to some well designed creatures on board the spacecraft, running away from them provides the best parts of the movie which overall seems a little pointless when its all over and all is revealed. There are a couple of decent performances but ultimately, a simple idea is poorly communicated making the whole thing a little messy.
August 20, 2015
a good sc-fi horror,in the vein of alien...
½ August 17, 2015
loved this movie! even tho it wasn't a new idea or very special, they made a fantastic ambience and the ending was actually pretty well made.