Pandorum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pandorum Reviews

September 12, 2017
A very decent Sci/Fi, thriller effort.....first time can say that in a long time! A very good atmospheric film with plenty of action. Starts well the middle is patchy but it picks up again towards the end. Good effects and set design, the overall feel of the film and the spaceship is quite creepy, good use of lighting etc. Not the most original, it will feel like a compilation of ideas from the best know Sci/Fi films. Overall a good effort that most should enjoy.
September 5, 2017
This was hard to follow at first but the action kept coming and I couldn't look away. The twist toward the end was perfect.
August 6, 2017
It was ok, little twist kinda cool.
August 4, 2017
I have a lot more patience for sci fi and horror films than I do for any other type of film. so, I liked this one. it was certainly better than the martian and moon
½ July 27, 2017
One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
July 16, 2017
Probably the closest thing to a live action Dead Space movie you're ever gonna see. The story falls apart a little in the third act, but the buildup is well worth the watch. It's a decent sci-fi-fi horror regardless.
July 14, 2017
Weak sci-fi thriller had potential in it's premiss, that two spacemen (Ben Folds and Dennis Quaid) awaken from a very extended hyper-sleep and find themselves aboard a ship inhabited by primitive humans fighting to survive against strange mutant creatures. The story in many ways reminded me of H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine" with a man from the past waking up in the distant future to find primitive and naive humans at the mercy of monsters. Unfortunately, this film doesn't spend much time developing characters or story and instead focuses on action. There are attempts as suspense, but an over reliance on jump-scares over building suspense or atmosphere kills off any credibility. What is credible is some terrific production design and make-up effects, which along with strong performances by Folds and Quaid, were enough to hold my interest and hold out hope that the film was about to become good at any moment. Overall, this sci-fi/horror flick is a disappointment, so if you do plan to watch it, go in with low expectations and you may find it passable entertainment.
½ June 27, 2017
Maybe it's not the most fantastic or original film, but I enjoyed it. Dark, suspenseful, a psychological twist without overdoing it. Does what it says on the tin.
June 24, 2017
Brilliant. Don't understand why it has such bad ratings. I love the concept and it kept me interested the whole time.
½ June 17, 2017
Best Sci-Fi Horror since Alien.
June 16, 2017
Very good movie. Though the central twists might prove frustrating for some and many of the plot elements feel like lamer repeats of past genre entries, it certainly shows a lot of promise at the beginning and features a lot of stylish direction choices and usage of dark lighting and shadows, some solid visual effects for its fairly small budget and good performances from its cast, especially Foster and Quaid.
June 8, 2017
It's such an uninspired, problematic and predictable work that the only thrill is when you learn that it was originally planned as a low-budget feature for 200,000$ when a studio adopted it and threw in more than 30,000,000$.
June 6, 2017
Pandorum is an extremely dark distopic film in the vein of Event Horizon and Pitch Black. It's still scary on the third viewing.
June 3, 2017
I just watched this flick for the second time, and I like it just as much as I did the first, but understood the plot better and saw thing in it that I did not notice the first time. I loved the plot twists, the acting was very good, the production values excellent--it created a whole world, which good sci-fi always does. A very fascinating watch!
May 18, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 2 | Acting 2 | Cinematography 2 | Film Editing 2

#Visual: Costume Design 2 | Makeup & Hairstyling 3 | Scenic Design 3 | Lighting 3 | Visual Effects 3

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 2 | Sound Editing & Mixing 3

#Overall (1~10): 4
May 10, 2017
So... 16 minutes in and a crew member on an interstellar spaceship is injured because "I'm at an angle, oh sh!t, I'm at an angle!!!" (slides down a shaft and crashes head first into a grate). That is instant Stupid. I appreciate sci-fi from plausible to absolute fantasy. Just pick one and go with it! Don't do cryogenic freezing (or whatever) for extended space travel then follow up with an injury due to FALLING a great distance DOWN a maintenance shaft -with the character noticing sweat dripping from the tip of his nose... while in an interstellar spaceship. Make a "panel" or "sub space conduit" or "Burblubian/Furblubian- co-opted hyper-super-ultra-inter-galactic-space-time coupling mechanism" explode before FALLING (especially face first onto a grate to make footing stable). at about 16:18 in, I could not watch any more.
May 5, 2017
Like a lot of Sci-Fi trash, all of this movie's lofty ideas get pushed aside for weak action set pieces and grotesque violence.
½ February 24, 2017
Brooding sci-fi thriller, all very dark and foreboding but not a bad effort if you enjoy low-budget films of this ilk.
½ December 31, 2016
i think the critics are a little hard on this film, the leads put in good premformances. the ideas of future tech are well done and thought out. yes there are faults with the plot, instead of letting the story expand into a sci fi classic that could told the story after the end. they go the old route of turning a great idea into a another zombie horror flick. Maybe budget held them back. that all being said its a movie i watched several times for its centre performances good sci fi ideas. i thought Dennis Quaid was impressive in his role.
December 2, 2016
I love a good sci-fi. This is not a good sci-fi, I had to turn it off and that is a rare thing as I'll normally always tough out even the worst of films!