Panic Room - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Panic Room Reviews

½ November 5, 2017
A thriller film in which a divorced woman and her diabetic daughter take refuge in their newly-purchased house's safe room, when three men break-in, searching for a missing fortune. It handles a good suspense and director David Fincher steers a good story, also notable for Jodie Foster's performance. Cinematography is also great.
October 20, 2017
A film that makes you think ?how the hell is the camera doing that!?? And ?why the fuck are the characters doing that!?!??
½ September 25, 2017
Stupid movie. Great director, but essentially a suspense filled load of crap
September 23, 2017
The movie was average
August 17, 2017
Might have outdated, unneeded visual effects, but there is considerable tension throughout thanks to Fincher and further proves he is the master of the genre.
August 8, 2017
2017, first time watching, GRIPPINGLY AMAZING!
July 30, 2017
Yeah, at first glance, this may just look like a stereotypical house invasion flick. However, this movie has three secret weapons to prevent from being a stereotypical movie: Stars Jodie foster and Jared Leto and director David Fincher. Jared Leto provides the only comic relief, and channels Steve Buscemi, Jodie foster is excellent of course, and David fincher. Well, considering he directed se7en and fight club, it's gotta be pretty cool.
½ July 20, 2017
One of the best suspense(?) movies of all times, in my opinion. Forest Whitaker & Jody Foster are so talented. some weird plot stuff , that I didn't like , but all in all a great movie.
June 17, 2017
Panic Room is a very good thriller directed by the incredible David Fincher. As with every one of his films, it is evident that he spent a lot of time with every detail in this film. The villains in the film are far from mustache twirling simpletons, which is a very refreshing thing to see. Forrest Whitaker I found to be the most interesting character, and I really almost rooted for him more than Jodie Foster at times. The plot is simple, yet effective and Fincher makes the most of it without it ever feeling like it's being stretched out, which is very impressive for its nearly 2 hour run time. I definitely enjoyed this film almost as much as I did with some of Finchers other films, such as The Game or Fight Club, but it's not quite at the level of Zodiac or the untouchable perfection that is Se7en
½ June 16, 2017
A home invasion thriller masterpiece, it's perfect for what it is, just don't compare it to Se7en and Zodiac.
May 30, 2017
'PANIC ROOM' was directed by David Fincher and stars Jodie Foster, Kristen Stewart and Forrest Whitaker. ?Shortly after divorcing her husband, Meg(Jodie Foster) and her daughter Sarah(Kristen Stewart) move into a brand new, huge house fitted with a specialised Panic Room. After three burglars break into the house, they are sealed into the Panic Room and must find a way to contact the outside world and escape before it's too late.

Panic Room is a perfectly disposable thriller with some solid performances and an airtight premise that is sadly let down by it's mediocre conclusion. You will be on the edge of your seat for the majority of this movie but I just don't see many people being satisfied with it's rushed and messy climax which leaves you with way too many unanswered questions, but not in the way that works to the film's advantage.

I think this movie's primary strength is Fincher's awesome directing skills, the wide array of villains and the amazing premise. The premise is what keeps this movie so interesting for me and is probably why I enjoyed it more than I would have. That said, some things surrounding the premise don't make sense at all and could have been handled a lot better in the story. Another fault to the plot was how predictable it is. I assumed most of the things that did happen were going to ahead of time and left me with much to be desired. As much as I do enjoy piecing together a story on my own, previous Fincher movies, such as 'Se7en' and 'Fight Club' ended with a bang and elevated the movie. This movie doesn't end on a bang and the ending is just not satisfying in any way. It leaves way too many unanswered questions and just doesn't feel complete. I sense Fincher had to rush his ending because it doesn't feel like him to make it as messy as it is.

Firstly, Jodie Foster was excellent in this movie and you really buy her character. I bought her performance and trust that she was just a simple Mum, pushed to the brink of her sanity and that all she wanted was to keep her demon child safe. Speaking of the Anti- Christ, I hated her. Kristen Stewart was so annoying in this role that I just couldn't stand her. She displayed negative levels of emotion and just irked me throughout the entire film. She possessed no redeeming qualities and provided no reason for me to even remotely care about her. Forrest 'Dodgy Eyes' Whitaker was excellent as Burnham and provided a genuinely layered performance that kept in tune with his character. I sincerely bought his motives and even rooted for him at points in the movie, which isn't rare necessarily for movie villains but was surprising considering what he was doing in the movie. Jared Leto was also really good as Junior but I wish they did more with his character because he just kind of served as filler and more of a plot device, rather than a genuinely enthralling villain. Dwight Yokeham was alright as Raol; I believed he was a freaking psychopath. His arc over the movies feels genuine and not forced in any way. He seems genuinely smart, lethal and calculating and is a solid antagonist for Foster and Satan.

If there is ONE thing David Fincher can do, it is make a movie look gorgeous, and that is no different here. Fincher is a modern day master of building tension and his artistic talent benefits this movie to the nth degree.

I think this movie is a great thriller up until the ending. I hate to beat a point like a dead horse but it's the main point I feel is prominent. If the ending for this movie was different. I didn't need it to be more action packed, or even supply a twist but I would have liked something more to tie the movie up nicely and make it seem more memorable. In conclusion, I do recommend to see this movie but I don't think it'll be something you remember after the credits roll.
May 8, 2017
A classic that every thriller fan should watch.
April 27, 2017
I love a good old fashioned thriller just like these. Id never seen this one but knew the ending, didnt ruin what was a very enjoyable movie. Its clever and pulls you in right til the end.
½ April 20, 2017
This is a pretty good thriller
½ February 24, 2017
The single shot sequence in the prowling scene in the beginning is a composite, but it's so seamlessly done that it works. When I saw the trailers for this movie I dismissed it as uninteresting because the movie's premise [a burglary] wasn't harrowing enough to be appealing. I'm very glad that I watched the movie anyway on DVD since it was surprisingly sophisticated technologically [the CGI elements are rampant throughout the movie but they're so well-blended and they make the camera movements fascinating]. A lot of people mess up CGI-faked camera pans and zooms, but Fincher could open a school on it.
February 19, 2017
A suspense thriller that dazzles visually but begs one to leave common sense trapped in a steel plated room where no sense can get at it. It's got its moments of tension though.
February 8, 2017
Second movie in (best horror movie off all time)
January 14, 2017
A criminally underrated thriller. One of my favorite fincher flix behind another criminally underrated thriller of his....*great movie
December 27, 2016
Fincher's talent crafted a thriller above the standards
December 25, 2016
Not bad of movie keeps u on ur toes.