Phone Booth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Phone Booth Reviews

½ September 2, 2017
Not such a bad film considering it was set in a phone booth most the time, just became a bit repetitive and irritating.
August 22, 2017
This is a film you wil watch over and over again, putting yourself in Stu Shepards place imagining what you would do.
July 27, 2017
Fast-paced, tense, and boasting terrific performances from its leads, Phone Booth remains an underrated thriller from director Joel Schumacher.
½ June 16, 2017
Phone Booth is a decent thriller that is very intense and delivers a good message but falls too short and becomes too predictable and melodramatic. Yes the film can feel very unrealistic but I enjoyed most of it and felt the tension throughout the film. Though it is melodramatic, I did connect with the themes and can definitely learn a thing from it. The film is easy to follow and is pretty simple to comprehend. I thought the actor who played the publicist and Sutherland as the caller delivered some great performances but the steps that it took to develop the publicist's character falls a little flat, and because it only ran for 80 minutes, I felt like the film was unfinished without a proper closure. Overall, it was enjoyable enough to watch and very important.
May 21, 2017
Phone Booth is a tense, fast-paced thriller which relies on its main actor's talents to make interesting. I would have to say the caller is the best thing in this movie, he's a character who you want to hate but he's giving a bad dude a taste of his own medicine you can't help but cheer him on while wanting the main character to live. It is one of the best underrated thrillers around and I'm surprised there isn't more references to it.

"B+"
½ May 4, 2017
After a dull beginning I was really caught off guard. This ended up being an excellent thriller. (First and only full viewing - 9/15/2014)
½ April 22, 2017
It's refreshing to see a movie in real-time and with such limited setting. Reminds me of Hitchcock. Apparently he already had that same idea with a whole movie set in a phone booth, just never realised it.
April 14, 2017
Ha , very dated. Fast and tense, but pretty campy and ludicrous. It was entertaining though, amusing even. Good but not great, though Farrell put on a good performance. A guilty pleasure.
½ April 11, 2017
One of Joel's most interesting works.
½ March 7, 2017
Amazing that an entire movie can be this captivating with practically only one long scene. Rating: 7 / 10
½ February 19, 2017
I had no idea what to expect with this one, and didn't have the highest expectations by any means, but when it was finished I was very much impressed. For a movie that didn't stray a block away from the phone booth where Stew stood for the duration of the film, it was intense and caught your full attention, with an urge to know what happens next. It's intense in the way that out shooter talks and takes charge of the situation, with that calm and deep voice over the phone, and the excellent acting of fear and stress and helplessness of Stew by Colin Farrell makes it really deep and watchable. This movie would have been very hard to make perfect, and somehow they got it pretty much as perfect as it could have been made. The acting is excellent, Colin Farrell steals the show, everyone else is simply supporting, and the shooter is mysterious and calm and witted, everything a good bad guy should be. It's not fast paced, but not slow by any means, it's the right pace without to much action and Is generally done in a way that is believable and intriguing. The ending Is really good too, had no idea what the outcome would be until Stew was in the ambulance, then knew what was going to happen, and it was a very good way to end a good story, and leaves a little for use to think about in terms of what would happen if the story went on, but in a good way. Anyways very well done, a hard subject to get right and hard to make I'm sure, so a thumps up to the director and actors who did a great job, was then who really made this movie what it is after all
½ February 7, 2017
Really interesting and quick paced film that will keep your attention 'till the end. I feel like Colin Farrell is one of the most underrated actors working today.
½ February 6, 2017
This wasn't bad. Pretty intense. Good acting.
February 1, 2017
This film was great. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. Considering it all takes place in one area this is really entertaining
½ January 28, 2017
Phone Booth will always be one of the greatest suspense thrillers that I'll have ever seen. And it's one of those movies where the best character in the movie is actually the maniac, with a perfect chilling voice performed by the great Kiefer Sutherland. It's in general a very captivating, suspenseful and very bone chilling movie. Recommended !!
½ January 15, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 6, 2017
Never saw the beginning, but what I did see was very good.
½ December 26, 2016
It has consistent intrigue and Colin Farrell's performance remains engaging throughout, but Phone Booth falters from a subpar script and interesting (if not always successful) editing choices.
December 5, 2016