Piranha 3DD - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Piranha 3DD Reviews

July 27, 2016
Bland, boring and idiotic. Piranha 3DD is an excruciating experience that by the time it's over you just wanna throw the DVD in the garbage.
July 18, 2016
Great movie to watch if you and your friends are drunk, otherwise, it's not that great of a film. Lots of gore, lots of stupidity, naked women, and only a few laughs. Christopher Lloyd's character in the film is a little too much like Doc Brown, but I sort of thought that was cool.
July 15, 2016
UGH. This film is terrible. Everyone here is wasted other than Lloyd and Hasselhoff, who are just hamming it up as parodies of characters they've played before. Everything but the 3D falls flat
July 9, 2016
I don't know why they made a sequel. The first movie was terrible and this one is even worse. There is no value here.
July 7, 2016
I am really looking forward to this movie!
½ July 6, 2016
Why did I waste my hard earned cash to purchase this via online streaming!? Would have been much better off buying my guilty pleasure "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!"
July 4, 2016
Lots of boobs and fish. Not bad.
June 2, 2016
I don't really know what to put it was just pure sillines and so bad it was good, More comedy than horror, The reason i've not gave it any lower was because David Hasselhoff made the film for me he was the best thing in the film shame he wasn't in it from the start, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, I enjoyed the first one but not so much this one.
½ May 22, 2016
Boobs, gore and gnashing, bloodthirsty fish, all in 3D. It is what it shows on the poster. Although it could use a much better script and better developed characters, not to mention a longer run time, it's a great splatter fest with some moments of pure comedy.
March 25, 2016
Cliche and Tacky but I'm still a sucker for films like this, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to see unless your a fan/critic of the Jaws franchise.
½ December 4, 2015
over dose of nudity gore and terrible acting
½ November 13, 2015
Pure tasteless garbage. That's all the film is.
½ November 5, 2015
Wow! jajaja Piranha 3DD is so bad that in the ending feels like if it was very entertaining and comical. Its final sequence really creates a new masterpiece of absurd. Full of gore, bad acting, terrible visual effects and tits everywhere. Funny as hell. 1.5/5
October 26, 2015
Just plain terrible.
September 20, 2015
What a disappointment. I really enjoyed the first one being a great addition to schlock horror that is worthy of Roger Corman's name. And after watching the Feast horror/comedy trilogy previously made by John Gulager he would have been a perfect and obvious choice to continue this franchise. While some of this is fun it just doesn't match the rest of the movie. I expected more. Both Piranha 3D and Feast series did the over the top horror with tits smeared in blood and guts while still maintaining the fun bad taste. This was just "Look, boobies! Look, blood!" If you haven't seen Feast watch that instead.
½ September 12, 2015
Piranha 3DD is an ok sequel to the superior 2010 gorefest remake of Joe Dante's classic of the same name. Its not the best due to the film's problems and issues which resulted with a bad execution and when compared to its mighty predecessor this film is no match against its super bloody predecessor. This film takes place two years after the events of the first film. Its been two years after the massacre at Lake Victoria when the Piranhas attacked a lot of party goers. Lake Victoria is now abandoned and quarantined after a lot of people where injured and killed in the incident. When Maddy a young lady who owns a water park returns home for the summer after College in studying Marine biology where she reunites with her friends and ex boyfriend who is now a police officer. She finds out that her stepfather took over as the owner of the park and has renew the entire water park with lifeguard water strippers along with a celebrity life guard and has also made a new adult theme water park on the other side which Maddy does not like despite her objections against her step father. Soon the Piranhas are now back and this time they are going to create further bloodshed in the newly themed adult water park on the day of its opening as they travel through the pipes leading to the park. It is now up to Maddy and her friends to prevent the bloodshed from happening and they must find a way to deal with the situation before the same incident happens again just like with Lake Victoria. Ok when I first heard that there was a sequel already to the 2010 gorefest in development I was hoping to see what the filmmakers can do next for the sequel either it will surpass its predecessor and will be more successful than the first film or it will stay in the same line as its predecessor and will be just as successful as its predecessor. The result is neither. Its a total bummer. This sequel seriously became a total bummer as it goes down the drain quickly from the beginning until the end. When I saw the trailers for this movie it looks like it will be just like the first one but I notice some problems when they showed the promos. It looked like the movie was gonna be more of a Direct to DVD movie or a Made for TV movie for the Syfy channel. That's when I suddenly found out that there was a problem already with this sequel right when the negative reviews started coming and it flopped at the box office at the same time back in 2012. When I had the chance to watch it. It is an epic fail and total bummer. I knew that when I watched this film there was already a problem after an interesting moment in the first half and guess what. The film is problematic and it goes down the drain as you can expect. This is a disappointing sequel that's trying its best to stay true to the spirit of its successful gore threshing predecessor. But at least it is still a bit enjoyable to me aside from having loads of issues that made me completely disappointed. One of the things I did not like about this movie is the way it was executed. Since the first film was more of a homage to Steven Spielberg's Jaws and it is super bloody and has less humor. This one puts the humor up in the worst possible way and oh my goodness! The film looked more of a spoof other than a Horror movie. I could not believe that this film ended up being extremely bad in the execution and it really looked like a spoof just like Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. But where Freddy's Dead was so awful due to its annoying and pure awful moments from the beginning until the end and it destroyed the Nightmare On Elm Street movies. Piranha 3DD at least worked a bit more but it is still disappointing and bad nowhere as bad as Freddy's Dead The Final Nightmare but at least its just an average or ok film to watch if you're bored. The other problem with this movie is that this film suffers from a lot of pacing issues from start to finish. The movie is packed with loads of slow and dull moments that seriously ruined the entire film and don't expect anything good happening in several scenes after the first half of the film so there's nothing special later on in the next half of the movie until the end. One of the other issues with this movie is the bad soundtrack. If the first film had lots of pump dance party songs this sequel is packed with loads of awful songs that did not fit well in the movie plus the film is also packed with loads of awful CGI effects. It felt as if the Syfy channel worked on the movie and instead of releasing it in cinemas they just released this film straight to video or air it as a Made for TV film owned by them. What else is bad about this movie. Oh yes there's also two more issues with this film. The worst thing about this sequel is budget being lower than the first film. No wonder that this sequel received bad reviews due to the lower budget and straight to video look it really could have been better. But the worst part about this movie is the gore. I cannot believe what I just saw with my two eyes. The gore in this movie looks so cheesy and fake looking(just check out the scene where all the people in the water park are getting eaten by the Piranhas and the way they die along with several characters the gore in those scenes are so not good even the deaths were stupid and cheesy looking) because in the first film you get to see loads of over the top gore and graphic scenes like close ups of the Piranhas eating towards every person's flesh and a shocking and super disgusting sequence where a girl's hair gets caught in a boat propeller and the top of her head gets ripped off in a violent and gruesome way here the gore looks so tame and fake looking combined with some horrible CGI Piranhas and its a big shame that the CGI here were so awful since the first film had lots of incredible CGI Piranhas here the Piranhas looked so fake and very Syfy looking. Worst comes to worst the film also suffers from poor 3D effects that almost ruined the movie. Seriously there are only two amazing 3D scenes in this film(The scary Piranhas leaping towards the screen and the opening titles leaping on the screen) the rest are lame and so dull looking. Ok there are only a few things I like about this movie. The first is a few good scenes in the first half(The opening scene where two farmers one is portrayed by Nightmare On Elm Street 2 actor Clu Gulager getting eaten alive by Piranhas and the other two scenes where two girls are attacked by the Piranhas in the lake but were able to survive along with the intense sequence where the first two victims in the yellow van are eaten by the Piranhas first before the dull and lame climax oh and I forgot to mention the fun Nightmare On Elm Street bath tub scene) the second is the incredible editing and the third is a few funny scenes that were way better than the other scenes in the film. Now the acting gave me a mixed feeling. Some of the casts were ok with their performances in this film. While I like seeing the three actors like Paul Scheer reprise his role as the cameraman from the first film along with Ving Rhames reprising his role as the deputy who luckily survived the events from the first film and he was so funny in this movie, I love the super funny scene where he throws the cameraman in the pool and last but not least I seriously love Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as the Emmett "Doc" Brown like scientist in this film and he is way funnier and more over the top in this movie than in the previous film("Take that Laughing Diarrhea Baby"). Ok out of all the new casts only Danielle Panabaker delivers an outstanding performance in this film and she is pure gorgeous and so grown up after her film debut with Sky High along with Nightmare On Elm Street 2 actor Clu Gulager even though he was killed and eaten by the Piranhas in the beginning of the film while David Hasselhoff has a fun cameo in this movie despite that he is too old already yet he is still funny in this film. The rest of the casts were bad and just plain awful and I did not like David Koechner as the annoying stepfather of Maddy and he was just awful in this film along with Chris Zylka(who is well known for his performance in The Amazing Spider Man as Flash Thompson the bully who always makes fun of Peter Parker) as the corrupt police officer and ex boyfriend of Maddy only two of the new casts did a good job with their performances in this movie the rest were really bad. Director John Gulager seriously didn't have a clue when he was gonna make this movie. I don't think he understood the formula of what made the first movie famous and from what I can tell since I read that Joel Soisson was brought in to produce and re write the script written by Saw IV-VII writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan I knew that the film was gonna be in a bad direction. And this film seriously felt as if John Gulager doesn't know how he will make the film work and so he quit and left the project and Joel Soisson took directing duties from Gulager and it also felt as if he also brought in Freddy Got Fingered actor and director Tom Green and together they both rewrote the script by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan and they made the movie look really bad by adding so many scenes that are not funny or makes no sense at all. I can't believe that neither Pete Goldfinger, Josh Stolberg and Alexandre Aja and Gregory Levasseur(the team behind the successful 2010 gorefest predecessor) had any involvement in making this film. I would truly appreciate this movie if it had a better director like Chuck Russel(who was originally set to direct the previous film and made some uncredited rewrites in Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg's screenplay) direct the sequel and at least have James Wan and Leigh Whannell(the guys behind the Insidious movies) write the sequel along with some rewrites from Chuck Russell's collaborator Frank Darabont(A Nightmare On Elm Street 3; Dream Warriors script writer) work on rewriting the script for the sequel I would truly appreciate this film if they at least hired these guys to make the movie work as its predecessor. Overall Piranha 3DD is a disappointing and bland sequel that fails to capture the spirit of its successful blood shed predecessor. But at least it is watchable for me if I'm a bit bored just to kill some time. This movie gets a 5.5/10. If you're bored and you have nothing better to do just keep your brain calm and watch this film and of course enjoy it.
August 30, 2015
Decent B movie fun. It's not as grand as scale as the first Piranha movie. Still cheesy horror, blood, and boobs. The gore isn't as plentiful but it is more shocking.
August 27, 2015
It's kind of hard to rate a film that is clearly actively trying to be bad. Uhhhh, mission accomplished, I guess.
½ August 22, 2015
As The Hoff, making a memorable appearance as himself, says, "Welcome to Rock Bottom!"
½ August 18, 2015
Aunque no tan horrible como la segunda parte dirigida por James Cameron, "Piranha 3DD" (la cuarta parte oficial de la saga de las pirañas monstruosas), no es tan graciosa como su reciente predecesora (dirigida de manera divertida y perversa por Alexandre Aja). La burla a los clichés y unas divertidas apariciones por parte de Christopher Lloyd, Gary Busey y David Hasselhoff no la alcanzan a salvar.