Piranha 3DD - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Piranha 3DD Reviews

½ July 27, 2017
Certainly gets quite a bit more absurd than the first one, but it's still a blast and exactly what you expect.
½ July 15, 2017
Barring a few boobs, a few terrible lines and lots of gore...this is worth avoiding!
July 10, 2017
Inventive title, 'Hoff cameo, Josh cut off his penis.

Piranha 3DD leans in hard on the stupid factor of the franchise, had this been coupled with a little more humour, that'd totally work, unfortunately, it's more dumb than fun. Still a pretty good time if this is your sort of thing, but less so than even its predecessor.
June 26, 2017
If I had unearthed this from the deepest reaches of the $5 bargain bin I would have been more accepting.The whole movie is a big punchline upping the self aware humour to the level of. parody. The characters are blah, the underwater photography is dreadful, the sleaze is disappointing, the off color humour is hit or [mostly] miss and the final 'bloodbath' payoff is weak. Gulager was not strong or sane enough of a director to complete even the simple task of making killer 3D fish fun.
½ March 18, 2017
Aggressively stupid, unfunny, un-scary, and worst of all, entirely boring, Piranha 3DD is a 90-minute exercise in cinematic excrement.
½ February 22, 2017
Despite the best efforts of Danielle Panabaker, this horror/comedy sees scores of water park customers devoured by mutant piranha. Yeah, I don't really see the comedy in that either. Foolish story with the water park being the only believable aspect. Sequel to Piranha 3-D, which I did not watch but will now that I know Elisabeth Shue is in it. Cannot possibly be worse than this.
January 30, 2017
Worst attempt at a horror comedy the acting is atrocious
January 2, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
July 27, 2016
Bland, boring and idiotic. Piranha 3DD is an excruciating experience that by the time it's over you just wanna throw the DVD in the garbage.
July 18, 2016
Great movie to watch if you and your friends are drunk, otherwise, it's not that great of a film. Lots of gore, lots of stupidity, naked women, and only a few laughs. Christopher Lloyd's character in the film is a little too much like Doc Brown, but I sort of thought that was cool.
July 15, 2016
UGH. This film is terrible. Everyone here is wasted other than Lloyd and Hasselhoff, who are just hamming it up as parodies of characters they've played before. Everything but the 3D falls flat
July 9, 2016
I don't know why they made a sequel. The first movie was terrible and this one is even worse. There is no value here.
July 7, 2016
I am really looking forward to this movie!
½ July 6, 2016
Why did I waste my hard earned cash to purchase this via online streaming!? Would have been much better off buying my guilty pleasure "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!"
July 4, 2016
Lots of boobs and fish. Not bad.
jamrcla
June 2, 2016
I don't really know what to put it was just pure sillines and so bad it was good, More comedy than horror, The reason i've not gave it any lower was because David Hasselhoff made the film for me he was the best thing in the film shame he wasn't in it from the start, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, I enjoyed the first one but not so much this one.
½ May 22, 2016
Boobs, gore and gnashing, bloodthirsty fish, all in 3D. It is what it shows on the poster. Although it could use a much better script and better developed characters, not to mention a longer run time, it's a great splatter fest with some moments of pure comedy.
March 25, 2016
Cliche and Tacky but I'm still a sucker for films like this, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to see unless your a fan/critic of the Jaws franchise.
½ December 4, 2015
over dose of nudity gore and terrible acting
½ November 13, 2015
Pure tasteless garbage. That's all the film is.