Point Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Point Break Reviews

September 7, 2017
Respect to Kathleen Bigalow. This film is not iconic but does have some iconic moments. It's loud, brash, and full of action but is also so corny it could sell its own popcorn . However, the stunt work is amazing.
August 28, 2017
Very entertaining, classic
August 21, 2017
Every bit as dumb as I remember
August 20, 2017
This movie is unlimitedly rewatchable. Not only is it a well composed, fixating thriller, it has an unexpectedly full emotional range for such a testosterone-driven film. I suppose we maybe owe that to Kathryn Bigelow.
Keanu Reeves his his awkward stiff self in this movie, but it doesn't really detract from the whole story. It's hard to buy that the surfers wouldn't be suspicious of his blunt and stunted manner as an undercover cop, but ultimately this doesn't really matter. You learn to love him as a guy who may not be the brightest bulb but is a real action jock and really just wants to have a good time.
Patrick Swayze is at his most charismatic best as the thrill-seeking Bodhi, and could talk a cat into learning how to surf.
Gary Busey makes a truly laudable appearance as Keanu's partner, frequently taking the shots at Keanu's midwest quarterback good-old-boy character that are needed to assure the audience that he knows his partner is a bit of a doofus.
Meanwhile the rest of the surfer characters are very real, due to the fact that they are actual surfers plucked up off the beach.
The action sequences are exhilarating and fresh, and in the end it's hard to really pick a side as both the criminals and the law that is chasing them have such charming characters constantly upping the ante on the action.
August 15, 2017
Instant classic from the first time I saw it back in the 90's
now that cast are deceased maybe now immortalized as a classic!!!!!
August 6, 2017
There are some great moments!
August 2, 2017
Point Break takes a ridiculous premise and manages to get every ounce of fun out of it. Both Reeves and Swayze are terrific leads, selling audiences on them as action stars and their bromance.
jamrcla
July 19, 2017
As far as undercover cop films go this is pretty good, Yes all the macho cheese is too much at times and Keanu Reeves acting was pretty bad but it's got a pretty fun story with some ok action scenes but it focused too much on the surfing than anything else, The strong cast help things along but a few more twists and turns were needed for this to be a great movie.
July 4, 2017
It offers enough to let us get invested in its characters, but still doesn't hold back on the thrills that it promises.
June 26, 2017
Without a doubt one of the most loved action films, "Point Break" is relentlessly entertaining and engaging throughout.
½ May 27, 2017
Just an epic movie, acting, storyline, and action.
April 30, 2017
November 2009
April 2017
April 28, 2017
Energic, fast, classic and different, "Point Break" still feels new and revolutionary for the action genre, because it is one of the best action movies of the 90's and of all time! Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze had one of the best chemistries of modern cinema. Without mentioning all the fantastic action/sports scenes, whcih are perfectly handed!
April 14, 2017
Movie about an FBI agent who goes undercover as a surfer to catch some bank robbers. Yeah, that's really the plot. Dumb huh? It has some horrific acting too. Swayze and Reeves are awful. But its just so memorable. I've seen this movie a hundred times. I can remember every line. One of my favorites.
April 3, 2017
A classic film about keanu reeves hunting down a group of bank robbers. Excellent film with insane stunts and patrick swayze plays a convincing villain. Point break is a classic 90s action film that cant be missed.
March 20, 2017
An absolute must see film. Wide open shots of the sea against the claustrophobic shots of cramped FBI headquarters tell the story of freedom and humanity against authority and society. Although I watched this movie for the first time several hours ago I'm still filled with the desire to get back to nature and learn to surf. No audience will be disappointed with the exceptional performance and chemistry between keanu reeves and Patrick swayze. I implore you to go and buy it today.
½ March 2, 2017
It was a fun to which movie but I prefer if it was more on bank robbing that suffering
March 1, 2017
I have seen it before I still love Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze~~~~~~
January 31, 2017
Det r gtt med en klassiker d och d! :D