Point Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Point Break Reviews

March 20, 2017
An absolute must see film. Wide open shots of the sea against the claustrophobic shots of cramped FBI headquarters tell the story of freedom and humanity against authority and society. Although I watched this movie for the first time several hours ago I'm still filled with the desire to get back to nature and learn to surf. No audience will be disappointed with the exceptional performance and chemistry between keanu reeves and Patrick swayze. I implore you to go and buy it today.
½ March 2, 2017
It was a fun to which movie but I prefer if it was more on bank robbing that suffering
March 1, 2017
I have seen it before I still love Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze~~~~~~
January 31, 2017
Det r gtt med en klassiker d och d! :D
½ December 28, 2016
Point Break is one of those movies that I've heard people talk about for decades, but it just never crossed my radar as one I need to watch. Well, the action movie lover in me probably should have checked it out a long time ago, because it certainly has scenes that get me excited. The basic story structure is right up my alley. I like Keanu Reeves as the cop who goes undercover with a gang of surfers, because he seems like the type of guy who could blend right in with them. Gary Busey is perfect as the experienced cop who supports Keanu Reeves and has been on the job long enough to be willing to break some rules. Where my difficulty with the movie starts is with the character played by Patrick Swayze. It's not that he isn't convincing in the role, it's just the kind of character I loathe. A guy who lives for the next great adrenaline rush seems like something that might exist in the real world, but he is played up to such an extreme in Point Break that it feels like a caricature. This hurts the movie for me, because I can't see why Keanu's character connects with him so much (to the point he won't even do his job.) I'm also willing to accept some far-fetched stuff in my action movies, but the illogical swings in the final act are so odd that I started to just laugh. Admittedly, part of this is the fact that I wasn't buying into Swayze's character, so I wasn't willing to accept his ridiculous actions. Point Break is shot extremely well, it is a lot of fun to watch, and it did keep me guessing through a decent amount of the film. While it might not stack up with many of the other 90s action movies that I love, I'm glad I've finally seen it.
½ December 27, 2016
Uno de esos clasicos que tienes que ver. Accion y adrenalina seguras.
½ December 26, 2016
Gritty hard crime drama, it has some nice thrills but hardly interesting plot- but it still works. The ultimate problem with the film are the characters- none of them are terrible likable, making it hard to really care for any. The film still leaves a impact and leaves you thinking- but somewhat bitterly.
December 17, 2016
Delivers exactly what it promises. The action scenes are incredibly underrated! Some of the best ever for this genre.
½ December 8, 2016
A silly, way over-the-top action flick from the 90s. Simultaneously fun and dumb.
November 27, 2016
Watch just to see how bad this is
½ November 21, 2016
Adrenalinico film d'azione con sequenze fantastiche e una storia coinvolgente anche se non del tutto originale. La regia della Bigelow mi ha colpito molto, anche se a tratti l'ambientazione circostante non viene mai contestualizzata le riprese restano comunque solide e mai rovinate da eccessivi tagli come spesso capita.
October 10, 2016
A few good ideas and a good enough film
September 29, 2016
One of my all time Favorite movies!!
½ September 24, 2016
Great adventure flick!
September 21, 2016
Simply great Hollywood entertainment for the early 90s. In some ways it's as if you're watching Keanu Reeves audition/train for his role in The Matrix.
September 13, 2016
Intense action, graphic violence, well acted and directed. Point Break is absolute California. Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze and Gary Busey are great together. "Utah, get me 2!" Point Break isn't a smart film, but it's fun throughout. And the Anthony Kiedis appearance is hilarious. "That would be a waste of our time."
September 9, 2016
Point Break is a great, fun 90's action flick that deserves to go down in history.
September 8, 2016
Point Break is full of energy and life that remind audience the great part of the 90s. Thanks to the filmmakers sensitive directions, it is also able to find its balance between the characters' hotheaded rebel nature and the purified youthfulness that the nature and extreme sports embody. 90s action flick at its charming best.
September 7, 2016
Inconsistent characters, in a series of CGI filled set pieces, weakly linked and with no apparent care for believability. If you can not worry about that then the over the top action is ok.
August 22, 2016
Point Break features Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze, and some good ol' 80's cheese. The plot is pretty good, the script is well written as well, and the acting is not too bad either, the two leads do a great job, and Gary Busey is always a plus. There were definitely a few corny moments and some parts that were questionable, and the second half of the movie featured everyone screaming through their lines while pulling off extreme stunts. In the end though, it sort of worked towards the film in a strange way. It kind of features the good-spirited attitude that Independence Day offers, even if it fails to to totally work all the time. Point Break is more of a cult classic, but still one I enjoyed