Point Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Point Break Reviews

jamrcla
July 19, 2017
As far as undercover cop films go this is pretty good, Yes all the macho cheese is too much at times and Keanu Reeves acting was pretty bad but it's got a pretty fun story with some ok action scenes but it focused too much on the surfing than anything else, The strong cast help things along but a few more twists and turns were needed for this to be a great movie.
July 4, 2017
It offers enough to let us get invested in its characters, but still doesn't hold back on the thrills that it promises.
June 26, 2017
Without a doubt one of the most loved action films, "Point Break" is relentlessly entertaining and engaging throughout.
½ May 27, 2017
Just an epic movie, acting, storyline, and action.
April 30, 2017
November 2009
April 2017
April 28, 2017
Energic, fast, classic and different, "Point Break" still feels new and revolutionary for the action genre, because it is one of the best action movies of the 90's and of all time! Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze had one of the best chemistries of modern cinema. Without mentioning all the fantastic action/sports scenes, whcih are perfectly handed!
April 14, 2017
Movie about an FBI agent who goes undercover as a surfer to catch some bank robbers. Yeah, that's really the plot. Dumb huh? It has some horrific acting too. Swayze and Reeves are awful. But its just so memorable. I've seen this movie a hundred times. I can remember every line. One of my favorites.
April 3, 2017
A classic film about keanu reeves hunting down a group of bank robbers. Excellent film with insane stunts and patrick swayze plays a convincing villain. Point break is a classic 90s action film that cant be missed.
March 20, 2017
An absolute must see film. Wide open shots of the sea against the claustrophobic shots of cramped FBI headquarters tell the story of freedom and humanity against authority and society. Although I watched this movie for the first time several hours ago I'm still filled with the desire to get back to nature and learn to surf. No audience will be disappointed with the exceptional performance and chemistry between keanu reeves and Patrick swayze. I implore you to go and buy it today.
½ March 2, 2017
It was a fun to which movie but I prefer if it was more on bank robbing that suffering
March 1, 2017
I have seen it before I still love Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze~~~~~~
January 31, 2017
Det r gtt med en klassiker d och d! :D
½ December 28, 2016
Point Break is one of those movies that I've heard people talk about for decades, but it just never crossed my radar as one I need to watch. Well, the action movie lover in me probably should have checked it out a long time ago, because it certainly has scenes that get me excited. The basic story structure is right up my alley. I like Keanu Reeves as the cop who goes undercover with a gang of surfers, because he seems like the type of guy who could blend right in with them. Gary Busey is perfect as the experienced cop who supports Keanu Reeves and has been on the job long enough to be willing to break some rules. Where my difficulty with the movie starts is with the character played by Patrick Swayze. It's not that he isn't convincing in the role, it's just the kind of character I loathe. A guy who lives for the next great adrenaline rush seems like something that might exist in the real world, but he is played up to such an extreme in Point Break that it feels like a caricature. This hurts the movie for me, because I can't see why Keanu's character connects with him so much (to the point he won't even do his job.) I'm also willing to accept some far-fetched stuff in my action movies, but the illogical swings in the final act are so odd that I started to just laugh. Admittedly, part of this is the fact that I wasn't buying into Swayze's character, so I wasn't willing to accept his ridiculous actions. Point Break is shot extremely well, it is a lot of fun to watch, and it did keep me guessing through a decent amount of the film. While it might not stack up with many of the other 90s action movies that I love, I'm glad I've finally seen it.
½ December 27, 2016
Uno de esos clasicos que tienes que ver. Accion y adrenalina seguras.
½ December 26, 2016
Gritty hard crime drama, it has some nice thrills but hardly interesting plot- but it still works. The ultimate problem with the film are the characters- none of them are terrible likable, making it hard to really care for any. The film still leaves a impact and leaves you thinking- but somewhat bitterly.
December 17, 2016
Delivers exactly what it promises. The action scenes are incredibly underrated! Some of the best ever for this genre.
½ December 8, 2016
A silly, way over-the-top action flick from the 90s. Simultaneously fun and dumb.
November 27, 2016
Watch just to see how bad this is
½ November 21, 2016
Adrenalinico film d'azione con sequenze fantastiche e una storia coinvolgente anche se non del tutto originale. La regia della Bigelow mi ha colpito molto, anche se a tratti l'ambientazione circostante non viene mai contestualizzata le riprese restano comunque solide e mai rovinate da eccessivi tagli come spesso capita.
October 10, 2016
A few good ideas and a good enough film