The Prestige Reviews

• Oct 08, 2019

people want to get fooled. That is exactly what Nolan does in his movies.

people want to get fooled. That is exactly what Nolan does in his movies.

• Oct 03, 2019

One of my favorite Nolan flicks

One of my favorite Nolan flicks

• Sep 30, 2019

This is one of the best movies ever made. You will be glued to your seat the entire time. The only problem is like its name sake you can only watch it once. Nevertheless its a brilliant show with a great cast, great writing and brilliant direction.

• Sep 24, 2019

Probably one of, if not outright, my favorite Nolan film.

Probably one of, if not outright, my favorite Nolan film.

• Sep 22, 2019

Best film from nolan

Best film from nolan

• Sep 21, 2019

mind blowing, thought provoking and fantastic writing as well as execution

mind blowing, thought provoking and fantastic writing as well as execution

• Sep 13, 2019

Wow. I don't know where to start; it's messed up. The characters are amazing, the story is superb, the setting and tone is dark yet curious. The interactions with the characters are genuine and you can feel the tension they acquire; it all came together perfectly. The twists are knock-out material, it'll shock you. I wanted to watch this because it's under C. Nolan's name, but now this is my favorite movie of his, period. Only problem is that it felt a little too long, but I was engaged the whole entire time.

• Sep 10, 2019

The tomatoe score should definitley be higher. This is a film that really should be appreciated.

• Aug 28, 2019

characteristically intelligent and tightly knit. hugh and christian bale both turn in great performances and the tension and atmosphere is expertly orchestrated. a classic thriller

• Aug 25, 2019

The magician endorses it to be split into three acts, but Nolan whispers, one and it is monstrously beautiful. The Prestige Prestige is probably the most shrewdest adaptation that nothing but serves the "wow" factor on our face, it feels plastered. Adapted from Christopher Priest's novel of the same name, by the Nolan brothers, this remains about a magic in that very sense. That you are hooked and wowed at the end of the show, till it's big reveal. The film is about a two friends-turned-rival magicians who loses themselves and their loved ones in order to prove the superiority over each other. And the film walks for that unsaid scoreboard mentality for the most part of the film. Grabbing points by excelling or cheating, this mano-y-mano aspect of the storyline deteriorates very quickly when bigger themes like art, science, philosophy and ethics dive in. The clash between art and science is what fascinated me the most, especially after the film started accounting in, the infamous feud between Tesla and Edison. Often in a film that deals with parallel characters going awry and coming home, the film cheapens its content in latter stages by manipulating the audience emotionally. But the film dodges this bullet by wisely never revealing the hand that helps us in surviving this film. Empathy is never installed forcibly and even when for a brief period in its last act, you feel the film going soft on the characters, it actually turns the tables by revealing information that is always said to be hidden and not reversing the roles of any elements. This underrated genius often goes unmentioned, but it requires a closer and a second look. Nolan's film's malleability has been arctic over the ages. Not stiff, nor cold, but moody. To a degree that you will bow down to its celebratory behavior and PG-13 language. Something you don't see nowadays.