Price Check - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Price Check Reviews

½ May 11, 2017
Posey is fantastic here as the BPD boss, and, even though Price Check can't make up its mind on whether it's a workplace comedy or a morality drama, she carries the scenes through their uneven writing and pacing. My guess with the ending is that they either didn't have the courage or budget to carry things through to darker places they were obviously headed before wrapping things up with a nice saccharine bow.
December 4, 2016
Middle class family, job, promotion, stress free life, and fall and rise.

I agree with the majority that this is not the best film, but not bad either. The problem with it was the slow start and slow middle part, but the final act was so good. When I was watching it, I did not think I would rate it decently. I changed my mind after seeing the final few minutes and how it all ended.

The film focused on a middle class family man who is working in a supermarket chain. But this is particularly about him and his boss. After he declined the top position in the office to lead a stress free normal life, his new boss who gets close to him for his good character. That complicates him, between office and family. When a big opportunity knocks, followed by a roadblock, what happened after that was covered in the remaining narration.

Basically, the whole film was concentrated between two plus one character and occasionally supporting cast. As the poster hint, it's not Parker Posey's film, she was only part of it and a famous name among the cast. Though, actors like Amt Schumer and others are in small roles. So the performances were good, with the decent storyline. This is not a famous film, I don't think many had seen it or heard of it. It was more like a television film, the quality wise, especially for the holiday season. I Think it can be watched once with a low expectation, particularly the comedy parts.

6/10
½ July 28, 2016
I'm Just on the ropes with this film....and almost think it would have been better off as a more focused drama...because of the strong domestic and moral issues which seem to stand out from the storyline. 2.5 stars
June 21, 2016
Wow! This movie is beyond horrible. I watch movies to get my mind distracted from real life for a bit not to remind me of it with a smack in the face and a kick to the balls.
May 28, 2016
good soundtrack and thats it
December 18, 2015
OK film. Mostly pointless. Posey is her usual, quirky self.
October 21, 2015
this movie sucks! but Parker Posey is a riot in this! she's the only reason I kept watching!
½ September 8, 2015
Very watchable, great performance by Posey, but the ending is dull and the events in LA are a bit of a push. The film felt a bit rushed, it could have used another 20 minutes to explore the subject and tie loose ends.
½ August 23, 2015
Parker Posey is amazing in this one.
June 26, 2015
Pretty sure they lost some footage from the third act. Solid till then.
March 16, 2015
Posey, as always, is a riot.
½ September 21, 2014
Ending was a little flat - I really expected a big comeback, but actually it went full circle to the beginning of the movie. Hard work, nice things, nice family, time poor.
Parker Posey as Susan is the boss from hell - mentally unbalanced, driven, enough to do your head in, quite honestly. Watching Pete get sucked into her web was horrifying.
I can see why this wouldn't be the most popular movie, but it's well done and I enjoyed the various characters and office politics.
August 28, 2014
This is movie has a really interesting and realistic script. Parker Posey is great and gives another entertaining and well acted performance. Eric Mabius is also very good in this film. I would definitely recommend this film.
½ July 21, 2014
Parker Posey failed miserably to come off as an alpha female, and the male lead could not have been more bland. Also, I have to question the validity of the message of the film as it seems to say that in order to ascend to "upper middle class", you have to be immoral.
July 6, 2014
The actors do their best, but this film fails.
June 29, 2014
"Price Check" belongs in the Bargain Bin. Parker Posey is the only remotely compelling character and the film's potential messages are diluted by ambiguity. Comedy genre? We'll need a "price check" on that....
½ March 31, 2014
A fairly pointless, short on laughs dramedy.
January 20, 2014
Typical Parker Posey dark comedy she's been doing lately but I love her in any role. She was a complete b%*+ in this one.
½ January 10, 2014
Some bizarre moral choices make a strange film. I still have a crush on Parker Posey.
December 12, 2013
This movie had much potential, but I was disappointed about all of the inconsistencies in the film which ruined everything. Queue the scene where Pete inadvertently fingers his office mate for termination, while the person Pete really thought should get fired stays. When the co-worker finds out Pete was the one who used his name, he said, "Never talk to me again"

Then two scenes later, Pete is having a full blown conversation with him. That is frustrating to the viewer.

Pete cheats on his wife, gets caught (rather stupidly), and then "Hey! It's all good!"

Susan is the epitome of someone with a borderline personality disorder (although, I hate using the word 'borderline'), Yet, she is given positions of top responsibilities in corporations where it is acceptable for her to blow through money and throw physical tantrums on the floor as a child would. She's foul and classless and dirty. But Parker Posey pulls it off, which is the only redeeming quality of the fim. Completely unbelievable, except I believed in Susan's narcissistic behavior, and for that I give this movie one extra star.