Project X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Project X Reviews

½ October 21, 2016
extremely enjoyable.
September 6, 2016
A hilarious and entertaining party movie! All a round great time!
½ August 22, 2016
It's actually pretty fun, and it does exactly what it sets out to do. But if you're 30 or over...don't bother.
August 8, 2016
this movie was awful. how it was so popular I'll never understand
July 24, 2016
A fresh update on that classic teen party flick (Animal House, House Party, American Pie, Super Bad) doesn't pull any punches watch the extended cut
July 21, 2016
Nothing made sense. Too much boobs. The ending was half-assed. Had potential. Failed miserably.
July 14, 2016
Best summer party movie
June 13, 2016
Teen party comedy that uses single camera setup.
May 31, 2016
Aggressively angry with no premeditated direction, unfunny and equally unintelligent, Project X's only dual element of interest is it's shaky cam perspective, and the actual ensuing party shenanigans. Both are great, but deserved a film with a hint of sincerity and an actual purpose, but that's probably what the fans didn't want.
½ May 6, 2016
Somehow - while watching - it felt like I've seen this movie before, but I hadn't.
½ April 15, 2016
This movie was such a disappointment. It's much less a comedy as it is a documentary about throwing a wild party. The jokes don't stick, it's boring, stupid and sometimes over the top, the only enjoyment you can get is when the cops turn the party off and that's about it. Not even the soundtrack could save this sorry excuse of a movie
April 8, 2016
Project X one of the best films of 2012! If I only had to use one word to describe the film it would definitely be EPIC! It starts out as a small little birthday movie that Costa(Oliver Cooper) and JB are putting together for Thomas. It's obvious that this plan for a huge party has been in their minds for alittle while now but now the moment has come. Thomas has the house all to himself because his parents are leaving town for a few days and all hell's about to break loose. The film doesn't start to kick off until the break of dawn! Well that's what Costa would say. Seriously though this film was really awesome and we'll put together. One of the best lost footage films I've ever seen. After watching Project X several times I actually realize that partying starts off really well and it's all fun and game's until the drug's and the alcohol take over. I don't know if that's a message that was supposed to be found or not but it's what I figured out. I was really hoping for a sequel to Project X but I doubt I'll ever happen.
April 6, 2016
I have to get this out of the way...the consensus is wrong! Unoriginal? Yes, there have been party movies before, but none that get as crazy as this one! And "predictably mean-spirited debauchery?" This movie was not predictable! And there was nothing mean spirited! It was Thomas's birthday, and his friends wanted to throw a party! Anyway, now my thoughts! I guess I am in the minority because I loved every second of this movie! I thought there were plenty of laughs, and there were great performances all around, as well as interesting characters! Everything else was also great. And it all ended with a great finale! Overall, I honestly loved everything about this movie, and loved watching it the whole time! I think it is perfect!
April 3, 2016
Funny and worth the watch.
March 27, 2016
This movie honestly is just a party gone out of control with ecstasy and naked girls. It definitely was only supposed to appeal to teens and young adults. A few funny areas but one of those movies that will be a bad influence on the teen population
March 24, 2016
Hey, maybe it's because of how young I am, but I really enjoyed Project X. Is it one of the very best comedies of all time? No, not even close. But for what this movie set out to be, it was a way, way better movie than I expected. I laughed very consistently throughout, and yes...perhaps to many people the movie has main characters that are just a group of immature high schoolers, but when does your typical high school party movie not? Even one of the best comedies of all time has these types of characters (Hello Superbad).

Grade: B+
½ March 12, 2016
Unrealistic- not that funny. All been done before apart from the way the camera was used.
February 13, 2016
The movie was a somewhat fun teen comedy. Unfortunately, the fun of the movie, and the surprisingly interesting plot were heavily driven down by about half an hour of montages.
February 13, 2016
This movie sucked. I was having more fun getting my dick sucked by some random chick in the theatre.
February 9, 2016
My favorite movie of all time. Could watch it everyday.