Psycho II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Psycho II Reviews

September 17, 2017
completely unnecessary sequel to the classic film psycho
September 10, 2017
Obviously not on par with the original, but it's a damn fine sequel, especially one that was churned out of the 80s. Explores some interesting themes, and has fun with concept. Perkins is great and makes you sympathise with Bates. Plus Meg Tilly is quite nice on the eyes.
½ September 8, 2017
Nothing like the original, but still an interesting way to making the sequel work for a third installment. The film does not make you believe that Norman is the killer nor was he ever. It almost haves you thinking of who's really doing the murders like in the film "Clue" or even "Scream", and when the ending result comes around, you find yourself wondering how clever the true killer was.

A classic 80's film that isn't that bad of a watch and an added bonus to the movie is Vera Miles - who had played a part in the original - replays her role in this one, and don't miss out on the kill scenes. They are terrific and will shock you in a crazy and funny way.
½ August 17, 2017
3.5/5. I had very low expectations coming into Psycho II, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a well crafted and thrilling whodunnit and a much better film than it has right to be.
May 16, 2017
An excellent addition to a film that`s already a masterpiece.
April 17, 2017
Si on ne le compare pas trop l'original, a passe
April 15, 2017
170415: Too convoluted.
½ April 11, 2017
I can't fault this movie for giving us a sequel that whilst not quite up to Hitchcock standard, manages to do enough story-wise to make its existence worthy. A nice twist ending is the icing on this plain looking but tasty cake of horror.
½ November 6, 2016
You know what. It's not bad I mean I felt really bad for Norman and throughout this movie I thought it was a decent squeal and it was entertaining to watch you really do start to question what's going on and yes the twist at the end is a bit over done but still a decent movie
½ September 25, 2016
It gets very interesting as it goes
September 17, 2016
Surprisingly good sequel to a film that never should have had a sequel. Written by Tom Holland and directed by Richard Franklin, the story picks up 22 yeas later with Normal Bates being released from a mental hospital to again run his family hotel when he finds himself receiving phone calls from his "mother." Things are complicated by his helping a young waitress, Meg Tilley (who I miss very much as an actress), and by Marion Crane's sister, Vera Miles, who is wanting Bates sent back to jail. Like the original, this film bases it's scare in reality and mental illness, but then hints at the supernatural. Holland gets a majority of the credit for pulling off a script that is a logical continuation of the original story that also manages to stay true to the spirit of the original, dark humor included. And top all of this off with an excellent score by Jerry Goldsmith that wisely did not try to ape Bernard Herrmann's original score. A much better of film than one would certainly have expected.
September 16, 2016
Sure, making a sequel to Psycho is just as bad as remaking it. However, Psycho II manages to get by on an entertainment value alone by not trying to top the previous film. In many respects, the film is a brilliant sequel to the original classic. In the same vein as 2010: The Year We Make Contact, somebody decided to make a sequel to a masterpiece a couple of decades later, and I think they did a terrific job. It does have a very Hitchcock feel to it, but even if you didn't know anything about Hitchcock, you wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference, I think. If you do, then you'll appreciate the finer touches. I personally liked the film's death scenes and the effects they pulled off in them. The film is also more of a thriller this time around too. Despite some of the acting and dialogue, it still manages to ring it in and be quite a bit of fun.
August 27, 2016
A surprisingly good sequel to the original masterpiece.
½ August 6, 2016
Of course, the original is in a separate class altogether, but this is a worthy follow-up that earns its twists and turns
July 12, 2016
It's not really fair to compare it with its predecessor. "Psycho II" is masterful sequel to a masterful original. If more sequels were like this maybe people wouldn't dwell so much upon seeing them. A marvelous example of how a great horror sequel is done.
½ June 16, 2016
Much better than it should have been due to Perkins and crane shots. No one should ever try to follow up Hitchcock. The ending is ridiculous.
June 13, 2016
A good horror sequel, Anthony Perkins does a good job in this movie.
June 6, 2016
A decent sequel but suffers heavily do to a weak story and hammy performances.
May 25, 2016
Unnecessary sequel with quite silly scenes but in overall looks like a good old fashioned 80's thriller\horror movie.
May 19, 2016
Not so good like the first film but it's a good sequel.