Puncture - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Puncture Reviews

September 25, 2016
So much promise, but it's mired in a lot of banal Chris Evans scenes. He's just not an interesting actor to me and his performance felt emotionally empty.
July 31, 2016
While not widely known, this is an important film. I heard about this film from a Collider Movie News video on YouTube (via Mark Ellis). I almost bailed on this film several times, not due to the acting, directing, editing, soundtrack or dialogue which were all expertly done. My reasons were my own weakness. This film takes a very explicit view of an addict and of a corporate coverup. While I knew Chris Evans (as Mike Weiss both a brilliant attorney and an addict with a very stupid sense of eventual damage from illegal and prescription drugs) from the Avenger/Captain America films, I had no idea the scope of his talents. The performance of Chris Evans elevates this movie from the usual disease/persecuted small guy-type melodrama, to a affecting drama. The end credits give some closure to this story (based on a true case). I recommend this movie to those interested in stories with legal and investigative themes. I would love to make this movie mandatory screening for the USA congress and senate along with WHO (World Health Organization) . This film is is not a stuffy sterile story, but one with the ability to keep the viewer riveted to the screen.
½ April 10, 2016
Though not an amazing movie, it sure as hell is eye opener, and I'd recommend watching it. 3.5/5
November 30, 2015
Not bad. Could have been much better, but I guess this is still worth checking out if you like legal movies or if you're a fan of Chris Evans.
November 22, 2015
An intriguing and well made film, with notable performance by Evans.
½ October 30, 2015
Interesting, but slight in execution. B
½ October 20, 2015
A very interesting court case and story.
½ October 9, 2015
Enjoyable. Keeps your attention and intrigue.
½ October 4, 2015
Mike Weiss is a talented young Houston lawyer and a functioning drug addict. Paul Danziger, his longtime friend and partner, is the straightlaced and responsible yin to Mike's yang. Their mom-and-pop personal-injury law firm is getting by, but things really get interesting when they decide to take on a case involving Vicky, a local ER nurse, who is pricked by a contaminated needle on the job. As Weiss and Danziger dig deeper into the case, a health care and pharmaceutical conspiracy teeters on exposure and heavyweight attorneys move in on the defense. Out of their league but invested in their own principles, the mounting pressure of the case pushes the two underdog lawyers and their business to the breaking point.
September 19, 2015
Excellent performance by Chris Evans as an attorney who is a highly functioning addict working on a case about safety needles. Based on a true story the film reels a very intense and compelling story that leaves you wondering about the big "business" behind medicine, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with saving lives.
March 25, 2015
interesante lo q trata la peli!!...es para entender q es lo bueno para la salud no para entretener!
January 18, 2015
A knockout performance from Chris Evans elevates what should have been a gripping true story but the writing is too ordinary and the pace drags too much to make it much more than average.
December 6, 2014
Chris Evans does a good job of being the flawed hero, even if it does focus on him more than necessary. The story is thought provoking and unforgettable. This film is capable of making a person FEEL something about the world in which we live, and the everyday injustice to the things we take for granted.
November 8, 2014
Commendable performance by Evans in this underated drama...
August 15, 2014
I do like a courtroom drama.
½ July 31, 2014
Man, this was such a boring movie. I had to try 3 times to finish it. As I was watching it, the only thing I could think of was this plot and the whole movie could be an interesting passage in a book I read or a fact mentioned in a health documentary.
July 9, 2014
I've always been a sucker for legal dramas both factual and fictional, but the small independent film "Puncture" is somewhat unique to the genre. True it's an underdog, David and Goliath story based on true events, but you won't find any flowery speeches or last minute courtroom revelations here.

This is a curiously understated film that draws you in because these people are so atypical and the case it presents is so vital and encompassing. The screenplay was co-written by one of the lawyers involved, ensuring that the film is true, and the performances are solid.

Perhaps the biggest surprise here is Chris Evans, getting his first chance to actually prove himself as an actor, who gives a marvelous performance on so many levels. If more people had seen the film, this would have possibly been the performance to elevate his acting career, if not his star appeal. I was also very impressed with Marshall Bell and Brett Cullen in supporting roles, two actors who have never gotten a chance to shine like they do here.

There's a devastating twist at the end that you won't see coming, and while the final scene has the feel of a feel-good Hollywood picture, it also rings of authenticity as the story is true. "Puncture" is a memorable film told with little flash or flair, but with solid acting and a smart script. The story is compelling enough to stand on its own and it draws you in with precious little effort.
July 9, 2014
Doesn't always take good people to fight for good things
June 3, 2014
Solid acting by the whole cast, and intriguing from start to finish. Would have wanted more of the courtroom drama treatment that movies like A Civil Action or Erin Brockovich got, but telling the story while focusing on the impact of the case on the flawed characters made for good storytelling.
May 26, 2014
Evans isn't the right choice for this role, but he does a serviceable job in a script that doesn't go far enough and is completely unfocused.