Quantum of Solace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quantum of Solace Reviews

½ May 7, 2018
This movie has some issues but it's still an entertaining bond film for me.
April 23, 2018
"Quantum of Solace" feels like a postlude to "Casino Royale". The script and themes are far from refreshing but the action has many great moments, benefiting a lot from the brilliant camera work and stunts. The attempts to show Bond's more human side are of note despite not being always subtle. All in all not the best Bond film ever but it delivers the goods alright.
April 22, 2018
The hottest Bond Girl by far, and he doesn't get her - they're both on a mission of revenge....interesting premise. Wonder if they'll meet up again. I'm liking this more visceral Bond. Didn't think I would but he certainly has the "stones" as they say.
½ April 11, 2018
flaccid bond film bluntly appoints the raft of fight scenes at the forefront, the plot unenthusiastically limping along to conduct its context. a messy revenge thriller, suffering a pervasive artistic frenzy complex, it's undoubtedly an unmitigated disaster. craig's groggy, terminator-esque one-man army and overstuffed action alacrity mock the franchise's eloquence.
½ March 20, 2018
Saw this movie again. This was before I used to review movies and therefore, didn't already have a review for it. It reminded me of why I love Daniel Craig as Bond. Pain makes the character strong, whole, and real. Action was also real and not "gadgeted".
February 13, 2018
Even if this 007 movie doesn't have anything special going for it, it still has some good moments and a good enough story to make it worth the watch.
January 15, 2018
I love Craig's Bond who, in Quantum of Solace, is mercilessly shoved along a track of disjointed story beats. This has to be without exaggeration one of the worst edited big-budget movies I have ever seen.
½ January 7, 2018
This movie was fast moving, over all entertaining. Was it Daniel Craig's best? No way. Casino Royal was excellent. I particularly liked the desert scene however.
½ January 6, 2018
(73/100)
It had less quality than Casino Royale but still an OK movie in it's own right. Quantum of Solace also seems to be finishing old and setting up new story plots instead of focusing on the story that's going on in the movie itself. Action scenes were also incomprehensible, too many cuts and too much shaky cam.
December 29, 2017
All I'm going to say to you nay sayers. You know it and I know it! This Bond would tear you a new air hole while drinking a Vodka Martini if you said those nasty critiques to his face.

First of all...the plot is not weak. It does two things concludes the Vespa affair and opens the door, introducing the audience to the bigger pie, which is the world organization that influences world politics called Quantum (which my guess is the new SPECTRE) The movie is essentially Bond having to survive the wild, while fending off both CIA and MI6 (who've been ordered by politicians to bring him in) and searching from scratch about the Quantum organization who tried to set Bond up, by framing him for the murder of Mathais (from Casino Royale) and who also tried to kill M.

The good...Craig is Bond. There is no doubting this Bond's toughness, like Connery, and he puts on the Tux or a good suit as if it was his armor. He retains the charms of a ladies men but does not dwell too much on his sexual appetites, which had become a bit of a sticking point with me and the Brosnan's Bond. Brosnan's 007 was an addict while this Bond, like Connery puts business before pleasure, but at the same time never letting a good free moment go to waste. Some have criticized that because this Bond is rough with the action scenes that he is not human. On the contrary. Everything he does in this film is essentially to settle the score for both Vespa and M. Plus as with Vespa he seems to have interests in the new Bond girl in this film outside of bedding her. I would say, instead, he may be less of a farce or a cliche but in no means any less human.

The bad...There is not much here but what there is may smack some die-hard fans in the face. First the gun barrel scene was not at the beginning of the film. I at first was like how can this be!!! But relax its at the end and I think there is a purpose. At the beginning of the film Bond still has not settled into the 00 role we all know and love. Its really just picks up where Casino Royale left off. But by the end of the film he no longer is the new kid on the force, he is Bond and when they end it there he is in all traditional Bond fashion.

The other two issues you may have with the film is that...
first...
the film in the beginning after the opening credits does seem right out of a Bourne film and Bond is more brutish like Bourne then past Bonds. However, the car chase, the airplane dog fight, sky diving, fist fight with the villain carrying an AXE is all classic Bond as well as the boat chase.

The other issue is sadly the ending could have been a little less clever, and have given the audience a little more satisfaction, a little more info on who exactly Bond is fighting. But then again Connery's Bond didn't see the face of his arch rival Bloefeld until the fifth film in the series.

In truth, if you are looking for the old Roger Moore style Bond that has been influencing the series ever since the 70's then you should probably just go to the video store. But if you liked the novels, and liked the original, Connery, Bond's then you have to love the back to basics/modernization of this Bond. It's still Bond. He still has cool gadgets, still drives fast cars, and he still has colorful villains. The only difference is the times have changed and this Bond has adapted and in no ways is a mere throwback to the past.

All Bond's are for their times and each has had their good run and now the same can be said for Daniel Craig and this new series.
December 28, 2017
8/10 Not as good as Casino Royale, but still a lot of fun.
December 16, 2017
A half made Bond film that won?t be complete if it?s twice longer.
November 9, 2017
"Casino Royale" was an amazing "James Bond" movie and it makes sense that the next additions to the franchise would seem weak next to it. The thing is that "Quantum of Solace" had a much weaker storyline but what disappointed me the most was that even the action scenes,which are the franchise's best card,were edited in such a way that they lacked the charisma of the previous film."Quantum of Solace" was still fun to watch,but it lacked most of the emotional depth of its predecessor.
½ November 4, 2017
confused on what the plot or character is but still a lot of action
October 21, 2017
Attempting to both thematically and narratively expand on the masterpiece Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace fumbles on both counts with dull dialogue, derivative plotting, and appallingly edited and directed action.
½ October 9, 2017
Quantum of Solace is a good Bond film and produces some impressive 007 action, however, it's a major letdown after the refreshing Casino Royale
jamrcla
October 4, 2017
After Casino Royale was just the most perfect Bond film it was always going to be difficult to top or even get on par with it, And as we all expected it couldn't reach the heights of Casino Royale but it's still a great, Solid Bond film, Daniel Craig makes me look forward to the new Bond films now plus they aren't as corny and stupid anymore as long as he's got the role, A more darker and serious Bond is the way forward, The plot can sometimes get a little confusing for what the end game is all about but the action more than makes up for it, It's still one of the best Bond films around which ever way you look at it and the main reason it's considered a let down to some people is the fact that they are comparing it to Casino Royale which is very unfair really.
½ October 1, 2017
The grittiest, most intense and action-packed Bond film yet.
½ September 26, 2017
this is quite possibly the most badass and stylish bond movie i've come across...complete 180 from casino royale ( which was also awesome, but in a completely different way), so don't judge on the reviews or its predecessor....just judge on how fucking cool this movie is...craig is just a pissed off badass pimp the whole movie...no depth you say...fuck that the set pieces alongside the action are awesome, the music is great all the way through, the cinematography is flashy and fun, the stunts are amazing, theres an homage to goldfinger (and whats that in french on the boat bond saves the girl in: "guardian of the night")...this is just a kickass bond flick, i loved it, fuck all the critics