Quantum of Solace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quantum of Solace Reviews

October 21, 2016
This film could have been so good, but Marc Forster's clichéd and ham-fisted direction completely ruined it for me. To be fair, his handling of the quieter moments between the action was adequate, but he clearly has no grasp of how direct action sequences, which are clearly central to any good Bond. I'm afraid the 'shake the camera and cut at least once a second' school of action direction doesn't really cut it.

It's tragic really, as the setup and the stunts for the sequences looked pretty promising, but you had to look pretty hard to tell once Mr. Forster's hopeless direction kicked in. Such a waste.
½ October 9, 2016
An OK film. The editing makes your head spin though.
October 6, 2016
i fell asleep, and it was just a guy running away from people the whole movie.
½ October 4, 2016
It's story suffers from an incomplete script and the the editing may be spastic and jarring, but Quantum of Solace still remains a brutal, fast paced entry in the Bond canon, one very different than any before it.
September 15, 2016
Critics rated this trash 65%?, welph, somebody in Hollywood has got to be sucking some major wiener is all I got to say lmfao??
½ September 14, 2016
QoS is exciting, but disappointingly predictable. Judy Dench and Daniel Craig are both very good, and the sets/ locales are all very stylish, making the film easy to look at. Story-wise, I like my Bond less rogue and less maudlin. There were too many plot points that were unnecessary. Both "Bond girls" were wannabes, and the opening song was ick, phth! I'm sure people will think, "Shut up and enjoy the explosions!" but Casino Royale is a hard act to follow.
½ September 10, 2016
It's arguably the weakest entry in the Daniel Craig Bond movies and sadly lacks that which made Casino Royale great, though Quantum of Solace's shorter runtime, amazing action sequences and stellar performances from its cast make Quantum of Solace a film that's still fun nonetheless.
½ September 4, 2016
3.5 out of 10:

With choppy editing, a slow pacing, and a forgettable story, Quantum of Solace is a disappointing follow up to Casino Royale.
August 9, 2016
Quantum Of Solace não faz tanto rebuliço quanto Casino Royale mas apresenta boas cenas de ação acompanhado de um bom roteiro.
½ August 7, 2016
¿Seguros que no nos equivocamos de franquicia? Digo, si no tuviese 007 en el título todavía le podía rescatar algo.
½ August 5, 2016
Still a good bond film but story line wasn't up to where it should be.
August 2, 2016
Quantum Of Disappointment Review: QOS reminds me of that sandwich you get from a friend when you forget your lunch... and you don't like the filling, so instead you just nibble at the bread and pretend to like it. In this case, Casino Royale and Skyfall are the bread, and Quantum Of Disappointment is the filling. I'm not saying the movie was astonishingly awful for a sequel (Good Day to Die Hard, Die Another Day, anyone?) but the confusing action sequences and Bourne-like feel took away the vital elements for a Bond movie. The suave of Casino Royale had disappeared to be replaced with lots of action, and a Bond girl who was pretty much just tagging along. But the action was good, with the hotel scene at the end, as well as small little references to past Bond movies (being suffocated in oil was a favourite). Overall, a decent movie, but a disappointment in comparison to its predecessor and successors.
Verdict: C+
½ July 31, 2016
As the great action and simple awe inspiring moments this movie had, it lacked a sense of direction and motivation, and an insane amount of jump cuts during the action sequences made this movie much less then what it had the possibility to be.
½ July 29, 2016
Average at best! boring at times!
July 28, 2016
After Casino Royale was just the perfect Bond film it was always going to be difficult to top and it didn't top it, But it's still a good solid Bond film, Daniel Craig makes me look forward to new Bond films now plus they arn't as corny and stupid anymore now Daniel took the role up, A more darker serious Bond is the way forward, The plot can sometimes get a little confusing in places but the action makes up for it, It's still one of the best Bond films around.
July 28, 2016
It's a throwaway action movie: fun to watch, but never to be watched again. It's still better than Spectre though.
½ July 25, 2016
Totally failed to hold my interest. Was there a plot? Some nice non-PC misogynist arrogance from Mr Bond though. Good to see the marble quarry where we had our death-defying 4x4 experience!
July 24, 2016
Is it the worst Bond film? No. Is it a masterpiece? Absolutely not. A great scaffolding fight. I would say this is a good lazy Sunday movie. That's all.
½ July 23, 2016
Quantum of Solace is without a doubt the worst Bond film ever made. Oh and a little tidbit, the film cuts approximately every six seconds.
½ July 20, 2016
pretty good not as good as rest but good